It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chase bank gets OWNED in Oakland

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+70 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Yesterday I remember thinking to myself that it was a quiet weekend for the OWS movement compared to the last few weekends. I was beginning to think that perhaps it was running out of steam for various reasons such as the weather and lack of leadership. Well I am pleased to say that the good people at OWS Oakland have some good organizational skills, they seem to have courage too

I remember something similar to this happening at another bank on the East Coast and many of my fellow members were saying these people deserved to get arrested. I personally disagree. I think that every city in North America should organize something like this in every bank all at the same time.

This video put a smile on my face and gave me some hope that OWS is making a difference one day at a time.

After marching from Oscar Grant Plaza and around Lake Merritt on October 22nd, Occupy Oakland occupiers and supporters stopped in front of the Chase Bank branch on Lakeshore Avenue. Demonstrators began to stream into the bank, filling the branch and chanting, "Chase got bailed out, we got sold out." Bank withdrawal and deposit slips were thrown into the air and within a few minutes demonstrators exited the bank and returned to the thousand-plus marchers in the street. Several protesters remained behind to pick up bank slips from the floor and were locked inside when police moved in to secure the bank. With loud chants of "Let them go, let them go" from the street, those inside were allowed to leave and the march continued on to shut down a Wells Fargo Bank branch by surrounding it before returning to Oscar Grant Plaza.

+58 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

"Chase got bailed out, we got sold out!"

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Ooooooooh...

Makes me wanna drive down to oakland and join them.

Like a virus, it spreads. First the country, now the whole world...

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

"Chase got bailed out, we got sold out!"

It's more like "Chase got bailed out, we got ****ed."

Glad they're being politically correct though. Wouldn't want the government to round them all up as terrorists for those 30,000 guillotines in wait.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

The first thing I thought of when I saw the video was : "When are the riot police coming?"

I felt bad for that lady who was sitting down about to get served then all those people came in

She looked kind of startled.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
i don't care what your views are .

you have no right to disturb someones business .

These were the same people who were enjoying the banks money when economic times are good .

Now when economic turns sour they wanna get mad . Please give me a break.

Its like taking the pacifiar from the babys mouth , now the ows is crying what many conspiracy theorists predicted since the creation of the fed.

You know the same conspiracy theorists they brushed off during good economic times.

These ows people are asking for more government , more securiuty , and more civil rights to be removed.

These small bank branches are only the byproduct of the root cause .

Most of the bank employees , owners , are just ignorant fools like many of the OWS people.

disgusting. Their are people who don't give two #s about the ows and would love to get their banking done. Not to be hounded by ignorant tools who just woke up to a 100 + year old problem

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by yourboycal2

I am all for small businesses trying to make it in this world, but these corporations don't care about you and are part of the reason we are experiencing so much unrest. You better get used to it because it's going to spread. If you don't like the protests you can move to China. I will even pay for your ticket!

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Doesn't matter how vigorously you support the bankers...to them, you are still plebians and they laugh at you behind your back even as they nod solumly with your parrotspeak and pat you on the head. Maybe you'll get a scooby snack from your masters!

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Im all for the occupy movments across the world for if nothing else than to get people to wonder what all the hoopla is all about and to start doing their own research.

What I dont agree with is the senseless destruction some of these protesters take part in.
I know throwing some pieces of paper into the air and across the floor isnt "destruction", its more of a nuesance.
Im glad that some stayed behind to help clean up what some of the people hand messed up.

If you notice they were all trying to cram into that lobby but as soon as someone started to mess with private property, ie throwing around the deposit slips, most started looking for the exits. The majority doesnt want destruction of property, they just want their voices heard.

The MSM loves to put OWS in a bad light. So, to all of you that are out there at the protest :: please stay strong, let your voice be heard, but be respectful no matter what. And that means be respectful of the fellow protesters, the public, and privately/ publicly owned business and property.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I am all for small businesses trying to make it in this world, but these corporations don't care about you and are part of the reason we are experiencing so much unrest. You better get used to it because it's going to spread. If you don't like the protests you can move to China. I will even pay for your ticket!

Really they don't care about me ? this is new in 2011? i've known this for more then a decade my good man . and im not even 30 yet.

the reason for the unrest is becasue the babies are upset becasue the free money is limited now , they want more of the useless # to buy but can't afford it .

im sorry if living within your means means protesting to go back to living beyond your means.

do you not see these same coporations were the ones everyone was contempt with when economic times were good ?

now its bad they want there cheap money back , and now their crying ?

i have no problem with protests .

My point in the post was invading someones business..

would you like me to come invade your business with signs and a bunch of ignorant hippies ?

give me a break. This is beyond protesting.

This is disturbing the peace , invading a business , and is very bad for business

if you got a problem go cry to your politicians , the ones who have the power to regulate , change , and set policys to better suit your ignorant claims.

going after a branchh of the problem helps nobody

its like doctors patching up a problem instead of fixing the root cause.

Yea keep spreading it . Nd enjoy losing more of civil liberties and more increased free speech zones.

this sort of protesting makes me sick , and i call it a pleague.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
So people were marching in Oakland, marched by a Chase Bank branch, 20 or so go in, yell and throw some deposit slips around and leave?

That is being owned?

This is equal to ding dong ditching the place.

But, ok I guess.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheXoor

Doesn't matter how vigorously you support the bankers...to them, you are still plebians and they laugh at you behind your back even as they nod solumly with your parrotspeak and pat you on the head. Maybe you'll get a scooby snack from your masters!

Im not a fan of the bankers as much as the next guy , but this is not right.

I already know the bankers and there agendas.

Who do you think allows them to get away with it ?

um.... policy makers....

why are you trying to attack a branch of the problem ? when you should be going after the root cause ?

makes no sense.

Just like doctors trying to patch a problem instead of going after the root cause.

all these types of protests do is call for more security , bigger governmetn , less civil liberties and more ignorance of the masses

you know the same ignorance that brought us to this mess :p

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Look I'm not here to argue with you over something so pathetically obvious. Let me get to the point...Once these "businesses" start illegally foreclosing people's homes, they lose any loyalty or concern of mine.

Banks Illegally Foreclosed On Dozens Of Military Borrowers, Federal Investigators Say

You can bow down and defend your corporate masters if you wish. I am all for protesting this corrupt system. Like I said, if you don't like it, move to China. The offer for the ticket still stands.

edit on 24-10-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Look I'm not here to argue with you over something so pathetically obvious. Let me get to the point...Once these "businesses" start illegally foreclosing people's homes, they lose any loyalty or concern of mine. You can bow down and defend your corporate masters if you wish. I am all for protesting this corrupt system. Like I said, if you don't like it, move to China. The offer for the ticket still stands.

Again, who is doing # about those foreclosures? The government.

Go after the government and make them enforce the laws regrdless of who violates them and take away the union and the corporation's lobbying power, and their ability to do whatever they want without reprisal.

See if you protest the bank NOTHING happens since all they do is get a slap on the wrist and then jack up the rates for everyone else. If you kick out all the shills from government and make sure the politicians all remain honest then you are on the path to changing the mess we allowed them to create when they started taking reelection bribes from everyone with money.
edit on 24-10-2011 by relique because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Look I'm not here to argue with you over something so pathetically obvious. Let me get to the point...Once these "businesses" start illegally foreclosing people's homes, they lose any loyalty or concern of mine.

Banks Illegally Foreclosed On Dozens Of Military Borrowers, Federal Investigators Say

You can bow down and defend your corporate masters if you wish. I am all for protesting this corrupt system. Like I said, if you don't like it, move to China. The offer for the ticket still stands.

Oh ? lets see...

"Two of the nation's largest mortgage firms illegally foreclosed on the homes of "almost 50" active-duty military service members, according to a Thursday report by the Government Accountability Office."

50 active durty military service ?

This is justification for invading a bank ?

How many of those are in that protest right now ?

"The idea of wrongfully forcing service members’ families from their homes while their loved ones are risking their lives to protect our country is not only unconscionable, it’s illegal," said Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.), one of the co-signers, in an emailed statement.

Members of the armed forces on active duty are covered by the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act, a law designed to protect them from financial distress. The legislation restricts foreclosure of properties owned by active-duty members of the military. Violations are handled by the Justice Department's civil division.

service members civil relief ACT

go cry to your lawmakers , not the banks who see profits.

your makers can do something about , your banks will laugh.

"to resolve allegations of wrongful foreclosures and improper mortgage practices. Fines could reach up to $30 billion, according to people familiar with the matter."

its already underway . What not quick enough for you ??!?!

i would also like to ask you .

When those families took out the mortage, did the banks hold a gun to their heads to sign?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourboycal2

When those families took out the mortage, did the banks hold a gun to their heads to sign?

Well DUH!!!!
We all know this because the term "Predatory Lending" has been attached to it.
Makes one think that the Alien from Predator hid in the bushes and fired his Mortgage Loan Document gun at the unsuspecting.

I know it is true because the MSM told me so.

But seriously.
A burning bag of poo on the doorstep would make a more defining statement that the video.

edit on 24-10-2011 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
When I say things in other threads like
"Americans love their slavery" do you guys see what I mean now?
Thankfully, there are more and more of us who have had just about enough of it but,
as you can see in this thread, there are still those who cherish their slavery and loathe what little freedoms they have left.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourboycal2
i don't care what your views are .

When business disturbs someones rights.
You most certainly do.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

You are too conditioned to be reasoned with.

No offense, I mean that in the nicest way possible

I will at least acknowledge one part of your propaganda induced diatribe.

go cry to your lawmakers , not the banks who see profits.

The lawmakers and the banks who make the profits are in on it together. I have already pointed out that you are too blind to see it due to your obvious conditioning. You have defended the government and the bankers in your posts on this thread

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
When I say things in other threads like
"Americans love their slavery" do you guys see what I mean now?
Thankfully, there are more and more of us who have had just about enough of it but,
as you can see in this thread, there are still those who cherish their slavery and loathe what little freedoms they have left.

Unless there are those that aren't slaves to the bank, because they have worked their way to be debt free.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join