It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Computer retard needs help!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   
hey guys yet another question from a self confessed computer retard!

How do you find out the size of a picture if you did it at home by yourself??? I mean I took a picture off the internet and edited it at home, then uploaded it into ATS and then tried to make it my avatar, but it keeps saying its too big?

Well how do i find out the size, and if its too big (above 75k) can i make it smaller? please help. im confused

I WISH I'd taken a computer course!

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Do you have photoshop? That's the quickest/best way to alter an image.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
go to search the net and typ in IRFANVIEW this is a free program that you open your photo with and can resize it of even change the format.
for instance edicat says the format is JPGE and the size is 600 pixils bye 450 pixils as an example even though this site mite want less like 250 by 320.

[edit on 31-8-2004 by Simcity4Rushour]

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
If you post the image I will resize it for you.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   
well I don't know if it's the best way to do it , but I usually open pictures in paint and then click on image at the top of the page and then click on stretch/skew to get it to whatever size I want.
If you need any help, please feel free to U2U me. I can't promise to get things right but I'll have a go

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   
You'll get better advice than mine - but this is how I get the results you're looking for - without premium software like Photoshop or PaintShop Pro.

I use a small free proggie called Irfanview - www.irfanview.com - & if you open your picture filr in IrfanView, it will automatically show all the dimensions as well as the picture itself. Then you can edit the size with Irfanview, or convert the image to another format if you wish.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Open the picture in Paint.

Go to Image.

Then Attributes.

Look at Size on Disk.

By the way, you can do Edit, Select All, and then Stretch/Skew to resize it...

It's simple, easy, and everyone has it...

BTW, I did my avatar in Paint, hehe...

[edit on 31-8-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   

- without premium software like Photoshop or PaintShop Pro.

What the heck is PREMIUM about a 10 year old copy of photoshop??
I is just a po' artist with hand me downs.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   
thanks guys, I really appreciate the feedback. Like I said I'm a bit of a computer retard. Before this site I wouldnt even know what an avatar was if it wlked up and bit me on the bottom!

thanks again

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   
right click mouse button on file, and then properties. To make it smaller open paint and use the stretch/skew feature.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
IT WORKED!!!! IT WORKED!!! THanks sooooo much guys, I heartily appreciate it!

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Nice avatar, Seeking Soul. Congrats on gettng it working. Which program/method did you use to re-size it?

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
well that was worth the effort you put into sorting it out. Very nice avatar

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Excellent avatar - & I've learned something new as well. I had no idea that MS Paint could be used for this! but I still like IrfanViow, it's so versatile with all its plugins.

new topics

top topics

join