It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian website tells kids they are going to die??

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
And your "societies declining" thing is complete and utter nonsense given that China experienced record growth while being largely full of atheists. Hell, take Scandinavia for example: High % of atheists, and they're doing better than many more religious countries like the US.

But whatever, who cares about facts, right?

Look, I have two great historians backing me up. Toynbee and Spengler. I didn't study enough of Jared Diamond to know whether he dabbles into the reasons behind atheism, but the other two do. Don't talk to me about facts. Some of us have actually studied the patterns of rise and fall of civilizations, and those do not include you.

Also, atheism is not "on the rise'. The proportion of Christians in the world has been stable for almost a century. It fluctuates about a third of Earth's population. Muslim population is increasing faster than world's population and is projected to cross the 25% mark of Earth's population by 2025. Even Hindu population is growing faster than world's population.

Asia and Africa are seeing explosive growth of religion, specially China, whose growth is described by many as "stunning".

Your "atheism on the rise" is restricted only to some portions of USA and Europe, but you forget that the whole world is not only USA and Europe.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

sounds like a well thought out article, but common sense will tell you otherwise. read any proverb by the ancients and not much has changed. if you lie, there will be negative consequences....etc

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

i was being sarcastic. on this site you have to have a sense of humor when it comes to blasphemy because of the anger you feel when you proclaim that you believe in the holy god and that christ has died for my sins, and 95% of the response that you get is people who dont believe in anything, telling you that you are stupid sheeple. yet they have compassion for an op who feels alienated because he is a satanist! as far as the op writing about someone other than the childs parents, breaking the news that they are going to die, put parental controls on your computer, and participate in your childs online education.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Frira

you will die sometime during your lifetime. afterlife you will exist as a spirit, and will return to your father in heaven or your father in hell. the default settings are hell unless you choose the harder less traveled road, and follow the guidelines for this life. you will be judged for your actions and rewarded for them, or punished for your sinful ways. if you have never heard it before, you heard it here! pick up a bible and read john 3:16....then keep on reading. you didnt create anything in this world, so your opinion doesnt count. these instructions were left for you to follow. you should at least read them before you throw them away.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TylerDurden2U
reply to post by Frira

you will die sometime during your lifetime. afterlife you will exist as a spirit, and will return to your father in heaven or your father in hell. the default settings are hell unless you choose the harder less traveled road, and follow the guidelines for this life. you will be judged for your actions and rewarded for them, or punished for your sinful ways. if you have never heard it before, you heard it here! pick up a bible and read john 3:16....then keep on reading. you didnt create anything in this world, so your opinion doesnt count. these instructions were left for you to follow. you should at least read them before you throw them away.

You realize that your interpretation is your opinion?

You go read Matthew 25, and keep reading.

You faith was not given to lord it over others. It was given you as a gift to be used for the benefit of others-- it has nothing to do with your self-worth-- and, certainly, it does not speak to your presumed infallibility.

The Gospel is Good News-- not a threat of Hell. The Gospel reveals God's exultation of mankind, intended by God since before the foundation of the world-- it is not a decree of law. The purpose of man is, at least in part, finding God or being found by God, not living to worldly perfection-- or expecting others to do so.

What you have expressed is an ancient heresy (Pelagianism) resoundingly condemned by the Church and trounced by Saint Augustin. Heresy is a mistake-- an mere error-- not damnation. That is true for any theological errors I make, that you make, and that non-Christians make.

This life is not a test. It is best lived boldly by a reasonable and holy hope, not in fear of making an error which will forever damn a soul to Hell. The Gospel is spread by sharing that reasonable and holy hope in the midst of this present darkness-- not by declaring damnation to those who do not agree with you.

Come up higher.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Leahn

Both of the authors you mentioned based a large majority of their findings on MYTHS and METAPHORS...NOT facts

If you care about facts, you might wanna look for a better source

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Frira

potatow potato ...tomatow....tomato

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

reply to post by Leahn

Both of the authors you mentioned based a large majority of their findings on MYTHS and METAPHORS...NOT facts

Don't be ridiculous. They're both well renowed historians that worked their entire lives on this subject. It is both works of a lifetime for them. Your ad hominem attack is just that, an ad hominem.

You don't have any facts supporting your assertion. You have only your opinion. I have the works of two prominent historians back me up. You have nothing.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leahn

reply to post by Leahn

Don't be ridiculous. They're both well renowed historians that worked their entire lives on this subject. It is both works of a lifetime for them. Your ad hominem attack is just that, an ad hominem.

You don't have any facts supporting your assertion. You have only your opinion. I have the works of two prominent historians back me up. You have nothing.

Still doesn't change the fact that historians are criticizing BOTH OF THEM for using myths and metaphors to "prove their point" without presenting hard facts as backup. But who cares about facts, right?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

If you believe that they don't present any hard facts as backup for their arguments, then you are merely a fool. You have never read any of their works, so how do you opinionate on something you are completely ignorant about with such certainty?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join