It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

"Enemy" account of Iraq War

page: 5
0
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   
The four were assigned to the 1st Marine Expeditionary Force and were killed Friday while conducting security operations in Anbar province, the military said. No further details were provided.

The names of the dead were withheld pending notification of their families.

As of Friday, Sept. 24, 2004, 1,042 members of the US military have died since the beginning of the Iraq war in March 2003, according to the Defense Department.

Of those, 792 died as a result of hostile action. The figures include three military civilians.

www.theage.com.au...




posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I know this might sound callous and harsh but the United States did not make any service man join the military. I was in the service and along with all of my brothers and sisters we VOLUNTEERED for the military. You know all of this propaganda you are pushing Xchengue (I think thats how you spell it) is meaningless. You think you are so intelligent but I ask you, have you ever cared or believed in anything? Have you stood up for something? I have been to Iraq. I just got back from Kirkuk AB, Iraq, which is located about two hours south west of Mosul and 8 hours north of Baghdad. It is right on the edge of the Sunni Triangle. Ignorant people call these insurgents "freedom fighters" and they are the exact opposite. They stategically strike soft civilian targets every day. They strike police stations, resturants and other targets just to strike fear in the infidels who support our men and women. All of these people make their judgements about the war, without actually seeing the whole picture first hand. Ask any OIF veteran if we are doing the right thing in Iraq. They will all agree that what we are doing is right. Civilians like yourself are naive to what is going on. All you see is the bad things which the liberal media wants you to see. Yes we have lost a few men and women over there but FREEDOM IS NOT FREE!!!! Men and women have to die for you to keep your rights. I know this may sound messed up but just think about it, we have only lost approximatly 1,000 troops in Iraq. Tell me in the history of war where the liberators only lost 1,000 troops in 1 year and a half. It has never happened. During vietnam we were losing that many in a week. Granted people might say one loss is enough, but like I said before, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE. I am not cutting you down Xchengue (sorry if I spelled it wrong), but try to look at the big picture of what is going on.



posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SSgt43
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE.

Who's freedom? Ours? Theirs? If ours, what is it about Iraq that was such a threat to us? If theirs, who are we to give them our conept freedom? Your concept of freedom is very disturbed if you mean to say that by going in there, to their soverign nation, bombing them into a powerless third world state even after years of cripling economic sanctions, and installing a government friendly to our energy policy. Look at afghanistan, our idea of freedom there was to appoint a fomer consultant to UNOCAL as their president and build the pipeline they legally backed out of. Our idea of freedom for many African and South American Countries was similar, our ideals are not the righteous democratic wonderful morality we seem to believe they are. Our idea of freedom that we so militantly lay out on the rest of the world is a farce. What we mean to say is that our coporate interests and your government must unite in order not to get the crap bombed out of you. How was Vietnam a threat to American freedom? Korea? Russia? Germany? How did supplying the Sandinista Rebels protect american democracy? I could go on on to include any conflict in american history save the revolutionary war, none of them have ever been in the interests of freedom. All fo them have been in the interests of protecting Interests, Not Freedom.



posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SSgt43
Civilians like yourself are naive to what is going on. All you see is the bad things which the liberal media wants you to see.


the media is not liberal or conservative. it is fascist, and under the control of the almighty corporation. like your brain.
when you are on a battlefield, all you see is the battlefield.
when you are in the world of media, you are through the looking glass, alice.
everything, and i do mean EVERYTHING in politics is a result of OPINION. OPINION is swayed and morphed by INFORMATION. INFORMATION(mainstream media, that is) is conveyed by text, sound and video bytes.
if you can't imagine how such a system is easily corrupted, then you have no imagination.
on the bright side, you don't need one! you need only observe the constant disparity between information streams to realise SOMEBODY IS LYING. in fact, MOST are lying.
to say you 'believe' in something, because a bunch of people you will never know are telling you '...and that's the way it is', is a case of letting the fox guard the henhouse. the henhouse is truth, and the fox is corporate media.

p.s. i have a land in florida for sale.



posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by billybob
the media is not liberal or conservative. it is fascist, and under the control of the almighty corporation. like your brain.
when you are on a battlefield, all you see is the battlefield.
when you are in the world of media, you are through the looking glass, alice.
everything, and i do mean EVERYTHING in politics is a result of OPINION. OPINION is swayed and morphed by INFORMATION. INFORMATION(mainstream media, that is) is conveyed by text, sound and video bytes.
if you can't imagine how such a system is easily corrupted, then you have no imagination.
on the bright side, you don't need one! you need only observe the constant disparity between information streams to realise SOMEBODY IS LYING. in fact, MOST are lying.
to say you 'believe' in something, because a bunch of people you will never know are telling you '...and that's the way it is', is a case of letting the fox guard the henhouse. the henhouse is truth, and the fox is corporate media.



Thats pretty funny, you sound a lot like libertad....A anti-govenment ego maniac. Let me ask you something, when you use big words does it make you feel smart? It obviously does. Remember sounding smart is not the same as being smart. And yes, the media is controlled by the liberals with the exception of fox news and a few newspapers. When you go to college, and you probably will once you finish high school, you will learn to get a degree in journalism you have to go through a LIBERAL ARTS program. If it is not one sided, find me an article in the New York times, Washinton Post or any other liberal based newspaper that supports Bush at all. So no, the newspapers are not fascist, they are liberal, with the exception of a couple of conservative papers out there. Also, if you wanted everyone to think like you and obviously you do by cutting down people who have different ideas, what makes you any different from a fascist?



posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
Who's freedom? Ours? Theirs? If ours, what is it about Iraq that was such a threat to us? If theirs, who are we to give them our conept freedom? Your concept of freedom is very disturbed if you mean to say that by going in there, to their soverign nation, bombing them into a powerless third world state even after years of cripling economic sanctions, and installing a government friendly to our energy policy. Look at afghanistan, our idea of freedom there was to appoint a fomer consultant to UNOCAL as their president and build the pipeline they legally backed out of. Our idea of freedom for many African and South American Countries was similar, our ideals are not the righteous democratic wonderful morality we seem to believe they are. Our idea of freedom that we so militantly lay out on the rest of the world is a farce. What we mean to say is that our coporate interests and your government must unite in order not to get the crap bombed out of you. How was Vietnam a threat to American freedom? Korea? Russia? Germany? How did supplying the Sandinista Rebels protect american democracy? I could go on on to include any conflict in american history save the revolutionary war, none of them have ever been in the interests of freedom. All fo them have been in the interests of protecting Interests, Not Freedom.


Have you ever believed in anything? Why dont you tell that to the thousands of families who lost friends and loved ones defending our freedom in any of the wars. Oh my God, I cant even explain how stupid that post was. All I have to say is, if you dont like the country and you truly dont feel free then why dont you just move to Canada? This is a serious question. And dont come back with some lame excuse like it is my freedom to speak my mind. The answer is simple if you dont feel free or if you hate this country then just leave.



posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SSgt43
Thats pretty funny, you sound a lot like libertad....A anti-govenment ego maniac. Let me ask you something, when you use big words does it make you feel smart? It obviously does. Remember sounding smart is not the same as being smart.


ad hominem. i didn't use any big words. i am not anti-government, i am anti-totalitarianism(that's a pretty big word, but not as big as antidisestablishmentarianism, which is a REALLY big word i learned in grade four.).


Originally posted by SSgt43
And yes, the media is controlled by the liberals with the exception of fox news and a few newspapers. When you go to college, and you probably will once you finish high school, you will learn to get a degree in journalism you have to go through a LIBERAL ARTS program.


i'm middle-aged, going on senior, son. what you are describing is conditioning. only someone with a degree knows truth? if the media was liberal, bush would have been impeached, or at least politically assassinated long ago.
liberal has many meanings. one must use pointella (little dots) to paint truth, ....not a huge roller.


Originally posted by SSgt43
If it is not one sided, find me an article in the New York times, Washinton Post or any other liberal based newspaper that supports Bush at all. So no, the newspapers are not fascist, they are liberal, with the exception of a couple of conservative papers out there. Also, if you wanted everyone to think like you and obviously you do by cutting down people who have different ideas, what makes you any different from a fascist?


so you agree bush is a fascist then. good.
what makes me different from a fascist is that i don't want to FORCE my will on people, i want to ILLUSTRATE the truth as i see it, so that others of like mind may commune (now you will call me a communist), and others of unlike mind may be swayed to seeing life from a more holistic perspective.



posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I have an idea. Why not put Saddam back so he can control HIS own, just as he had for years past???

THEY WERE BETTER OFF.

SO WERE WE.



posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SSgt43
I know this might sound callous and harsh but the United States did not make any service man join the military. I was in the service and along with all of my brothers and sisters we VOLUNTEERED for the military.

I know you and your family members joined the army as VOLUNTEER. Do you know anyone VOLUNTEERED from rich families like the twins of Bush?

Most people I know joined the army because of the benefits that comes with the signup like $10,000, or the opportunity to enter college, since too many of them simply can not afford the tuition. You can called them VOLUNTEERED, but they are FORCED for the army.



You know all of this propaganda you are pushing Xchengue (I think thats how you spell it) is meaningless. You think you are so intelligent but I ask you, have you ever cared or believed in anything? Have you stood up for something? I have been to Iraq. I just got back from Kirkuk AB, Iraq, which is located about two hours south west of Mosul and 8 hours north of Baghdad.


Good for you to come back alive and healthy, do you know how many crippled for life? Anyone in your companied died or wounded? Right now, from some reports, there are over 25000 wounded. I just hope your brothers will not be among them.



It is right on the edge of the Sunni Triangle. Ignorant people call these insurgents "freedom fighters" and they are the exact opposite. They stategically strike soft civilian targets every day. They strike police stations, resturants and other targets just to strike fear in the infidels who support our men and women.


For Iraqi people, those helping you are traitors. They got what they deserve. Do you have any idea what the percentage of people support you? Is it 95% or 5%? For most Iraq people, you are invaders, anyone helping you are traitors.



All of these people make their judgements about the war, without actually seeing the whole picture first hand. Ask any OIF veteran if we are doing the right thing in Iraq. They will all agree that what we are doing is right. Civilians like yourself are naive to what is going on.


Only Iraqi people can tell you whether you are doing right or wrong. Most millitary personnels are so indoctrinated to recognize how wrong it is to occupy Iraq, as Saddam has gone, and NO WMD is found. They will feel more pain when they realize their sacrifices are in vain.



All you see is the bad things which the liberal media wants you to see. Yes we have lost a few men and women over there but FREEDOM IS NOT FREE!!!! Men and women have to die for you to keep your rights. I know this may sound messed up but just think about it, we have only lost approximatly 1,000 troops in Iraq.

Funny, there is no liberal media in US, especially public media. Those that do reporting truth and reality are branded as conspiracy. I got my news from anywhere in the world, and decide what is more believe and what is pure propaganda.



Tell me in the history of war where the liberators only lost 1,000 troops in 1 year and a half. It has never happened. During vietnam we were losing that many in a week. Granted people might say one loss is enough, but like I said before, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE. I am not cutting you down Xchengue (sorry if I spelled it wrong), but try to look at the big picture of what is going on.


US Casuality in Vietnam is smaller even than today. Go look how many died in the first 3 years in Vietnam.

Beside, I think you are quite childish in thinking that US admitted the true loss of US troops in Iraq. It is at least several times more.

I do have doubt on your claimed identity as OIF Veteran, and many member in your family VOLUNTEERED in the army. Is anyone still stationed in Iraq? How are they saying current situation? You are quite likely a troll of US goverment to steer the opinion here.

If you think what you did is so right, when are you going to return to Iraq? We will be thankful for your sacrifice for our freedom.



posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by billybob
so you agree bush is a fascist then. good.
what makes me different from a fascist is that i don't want to FORCE my will on people, i want to ILLUSTRATE the truth as i see it, so that others of like mind may commune (now you will call me a communist), and others of unlike mind may be swayed to seeing life from a more holistic perspective.


You most certianly sound like a communist. If you are as old as you say you are then you were most drafted in during Vietnam. By the way you sound, you were probably a draft dodger who was too busy smoking weed and trying to find a way out, than to do the honorable thing and server your country. The sick thing about it is, you have probably been thinking this way for a while, preaching your ANTI-GOVENMENT rhetoric. Give me a break, your ideas are useless. They are useless because the majority of America thinks you are a mental midget. Ideas mean nothing if people dont want to hear them. So why dont you go back to listening to your Gratefull Dead record, smoke some more ganja and go to sleep.

Oh yeah, when did I say Bush was a fascist? Too much smoke clouds your brain.



posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SSgt43
You most certianly sound like a communist. If you are as old as you say you are then you were most drafted in during Vietnam. By the way you sound, you were probably a draft dodger who was too busy smoking weed and trying to find a way out, than to do the honorable thing and server your country. The sick thing about it is, you have probably been thinking this way for a while, preaching your ANTI-GOVENMENT rhetoric. Give me a break, your ideas are useless. They are useless because the majority of America thinks you are a mental midget. Ideas mean nothing if people dont want to hear them. So why dont you go back to listening to your Gratefull Dead record, smoke some more ganja and go to sleep.

Oh yeah, when did I say Bush was a fascist? Too much smoke clouds your brain.


You better send you comment to either President Bush who avoid Vietnam with help from the mighty Daddy or Vice President Cheney who dodged or defered 6 times.



posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
SSgt43, Please See what US is doing now in Iraq, since people like you are continuing and commiting such atrocity in Iraq.

www.newsgateway.ca...



posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
That was the strike aimed at Al-Zarqawi.(The man responsible for be.ing americans) Those were not civilians but enemy combantants trying to protect Al-Zarqawi. Oh yeah and by insinuating that I am a terrorist makes me laugh. Atrocities, hah. Try to do some research on things before you believe everything you see on the internet.
-What an idiot!



posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SSgt43
Oh yeah, when did I say Bush was a fascist? Too much smoke clouds your brain.


okay, this is where you said(unknowingly to yourself, apparently) that bush is a fascist(which, he is, by the way,IMHFO)....

SSgt43: "....find me an article in the New York times, Washinton Post or any other liberal based newspaper that supports Bush at all. So no, the newspapers are not fascist, they are liberal....."

you see? you indicate that if the newspapers were fascist, they would support bush.

too much smoke does cloud your brain. not sleeping for fourteen days at a time, while trudging through tropical jungles hopped up on methamphetamine clouds your brain even more (army boys should know what i'm refering to).
so, those were the options, stay home, smoke, party and get laid by flower power girls, or go get completely falked up in the jungles of some foreign country half way around the world because some banker's flow isn't just so. tough choice for a thinking man.
luckily for me, i never had to make that choice.

being told when to eat, sleep, crap, and what to think and say, and who to MURDER doesn't cloud your brain, it brings it to a screaming halt.

[edit on 26-9-2004 by billybob]



posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SSgt43
That was the strike aimed at Al-Zarqawi.(The man responsible for be.ing americans) Those were not civilians but enemy combantants trying to protect Al-Zarqawi. Oh yeah and by insinuating that I am a terrorist makes me laugh. Atrocities, hah. Try to do some research on things before you believe everything you see on the internet.
-What an idiot!


So you mean that Al-Zarqawi is dead now? Not a omnipotent figure any more? No more blame from US? When did you claimed to have killed Al-Zarqawi. Al-Zarqawi is a valuable asset of US, and can be blamed for anything gone wrong. What a Childish!



posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   
ZCHENG: Thank you for the posts. I think you should post this information on a daily basis.
Lets count the atrocities together...shall we???



posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I have an idea. Why not put Saddam back so he can control HIS own, just as he had for years past???

THEY WERE BETTER OFF.

SO WERE WE.


Too right. Iraq needs a leader who can control the people, by whatever means necessary and more. There would have been more money to make as well, epecially when the US doesn't have to look after the Iraqi poeple.
I'm all for resturning Saddam, you can't deny he wasn't effective.



posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by zcheng
So you mean that Al-Zarqawi is dead now? Not a omnipotent figure any more? No more blame from US? When did you claimed to have killed Al-Zarqawi. Al-Zarqawi is a valuable asset of US, and can be blamed for anything gone wrong. What a Childish!


I just laugh at most of your posts now, they are so inane. I thought China was behind Al-Zarqawi, that makes as much sense as you do.



posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SSgt43
If it is not one sided, find me an article in the New York times, Washinton Post or any other liberal based newspaper that supports Bush at all.

A liberal Media? Oh you mean the same media that helped the Bush administration lie and mislead us for four years? Calling the media liberal is nothing more that spouting rhetoric, pre-scripted rhetoric. Take a look at the coporate .s of the media, who owns them, and I think you will find yourself talking out of your rear.



posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SSgt43
Have you ever believed in anything? Why dont you tell that to the thousands of families who lost friends and loved ones defending our freedom in any of the wars. Oh my God, I cant even explain how stupid that post was. All I have to say is, if you dont like the country and you truly dont feel free then why dont you just move to Canada? This is a serious question. And dont come back with some lame excuse like it is my freedom to speak my mind. The answer is simple if you dont feel free or if you hate this country then just leave.

Yeah that is a a typical response from from a delusional hard liner. How the hell has anyone died defending my freedom? Maybe in the revolutionary war, and the french indian war, and arguably the american civil war. There hasn't been a nessecary conflict in 140 some odd years. I ask you again, how was veitnam threatening my freedom? Iraq? Was Grenada a threat to my freedom? Lybia? Korea? There is no defense of freedom when a war is fought on foriegn ground, if you think other wise are sadly delusional. Love it or leave it... do you know what a disgusting cliche that is? If you don't like other speaking up for what they believe then why don't you leave, go to say Cuba where hard line government supporters are actually needed and fostered. I would ask you the same question, if you don't like the first ammendment, why don't you leave? What makes you so right and me so wrong? 70,000 Americans died in vietnam because delusional folks like yourself were running around waving flags and spewing rhetoric. Patriotism is one thing, blind patriotism is facism.



new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join