It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sidewalk Prophets - You Love Me Anyway

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
There are songs, and then there are SONGS! I was thinking about this song from Sidewalk Prophets and the thought came to my mind that this could be one of the most meaningful and touching songs ever written. Sure there's Amazing Grace and many other great hymns and songs that we can't discount, but do they reach down and rip your heart out, make you feel worthless, and yet so loved at the same time?

The song cuts right to the heart of the message of Jesus and is the core of what Christianity is. It tells of the frailness of our faith, or imperfections, and speaks of the streak of evil that we might have in our life when it tells of the man who laughed at Jesus' death... but He loves us anyway. So powerful. If I could embed a video in the Bible right after John 3:16 it would be this one.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by dbates

That is an awesome song and one of my favorites too! Praise God that He loves us anyway! If we had to earn our salvation none of us would ever make it to heaven! Jesus has already paid the price for us!

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I'm a huge fan of songs like this because not everyone responds to simply reading the scriptures. Everyone has different doorways to their heart. It could be art, nature, or songs like this one. Seeing the Bible explained so simply and yet so beautifully is a wonderful thing. Even as Christians we have moments of doubt, selfishness, and sin in our lives. Hearing this message might be just what someone needs to make it through the day.

Saw these guys in concert last year. They're really good in person as well.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Reminds me of a boyfriend I had in college who always told me how beautiful he thought I was right after he told me how ignorant and disgusting he found me to be. Oh well, teenage confusion, 'eh?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Wow, that is pretty special. Good band too.

I used to scoff when folk talked about a "personal" relationship with Jesus. What did that mean I fumed?

And then I came up against that sweet, sweet love like no other and I knew.

Peace and thanks for turning me on to this band.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Lostprophets is a better band by far.

I dig this song sooooooo much!

top topics

join