It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Commonwealth vs USA

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Ok so I have been having a discussion about the power of the US versus the power of the Commonwealth. My argument is that the US government know full well the potential for annihilation if it ever considered going to war with a member state of the Commonwealth. I know it maybe hard for most of you to consider but being a republic you are pretty much left to your own devices in a war like scenario, where as with the Commonwealth it is one big group of allies serving only the interests of the monarchy. it has been a fruitful discussion but its come to a point where I feel I need to explain this to the many I feel aren't educated on this subject.

The Commonwealth is made up of 54 member states (countries) that are aligned ethically and militarily

Here is the list....

Antigua and Barbuda
Australia
The Bahamas
Bangladesh
Barbados
Belize
Botswana
Brunei Darussalam
Cameroon
Canada
Cyprus
Dominica
Fiji Islands
The Gambia
Ghana
Grenada
Guyana
India
Jamaica
Kenya
Kiribati
Lesotho
Malawi
Malaysia
Maldives
Malta
Mauritius
Mozambique
Namibia
Nauru
New Zealand
Nigeria
Pakistan
Papua New Guinea
Rwanda
St Kitts and Nevis
St Lucia
St Vincent and the Grenadines
Samoa
Seychelles
Sierra Leone
Singapore
Solomon Islands
South Africa
Sri Lanka
Swaziland
Tanzania
Tonga
Trinidad and Tobago
Tuvalu
Uganda
United Kingdom
Vanuatu
Zambia
Source: www.thecommonwealth.org

Now granted the US are allies with many, but my point is you have to be, because being against them would be the worst thing the US could ever do. Forget China, Russia and Iran. If you ever went to war with the Commonwealth it would be the end of America as we know it.

I hope this has been useful tool of enlightenment

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by OzTruth

The Commonwealth nations especially Britain, Scotland, Australia, NZ and Canada fought more wars than the Americans; our Commonwealth soldiers are far more experienced, better trained and far better desciplined. Our SAS is the world's very best (coming in 2nd are the Israeli special units). Any of the American special forces/units are no match for the SAS out on the field.

The IAF have the very best pilots although the USA have better aircrafts.

What the USA have on their side is the world's best military technology. Without America's technology, the Americans are no match for the 5 main Commonwealth nations.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by OzTruth

Where do you people come up with these ideas to write about. It's like cheap science fiction with no beginning or plot!! Read a book or watch television but please find another tale to tell and tell it to your Queen..

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Don't forget India!!!! 1.2 billion people and as for technology the US aren't that far advanced. I'm sure we have alot of tricks up our sleeve too. as for the SAS(Aus) being superior I know that for a fact. My uncle is British Army and he says the same thing. He mentioned that its well known in the field and its the reputation they possess, that they are the best. Coming from him a veteran he said it's the desert training and selection process. soldiers get hand picked to try out and still 97% of them fail. amazing.
edit on 24-10-2011 by OzTruth because: no reason lol

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

We have a problem with that reasoning though, we only have 250 or so SAS members (UK). So if it comes to fire power, we lose every time.

To put this in perspective, the Spetznaz in Russia (their equivalent, not as good though) have over 40,000.

I prefer to think that we would win as we would threaten to cut off the oil, gas, rubber, earth minerals, etc, from these areas if it came to conflict

Hope it never would though, despite disagreements they are our "cousins and friends". And ,frankly, could also possibly be welcomed into the Commonwealth (as junior, on probation members!)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby
reply to post by OzTruth

Where do you people come up with these ideas to write about. It's like cheap science fiction with no beginning or plot!! Read a book or watch television but please find another tale to tell and tell it to your Queen..

Great example of why I made this thread.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
America has a bigger military than all those countries combined and then some. It wouldn't even be a contest. The commonwealth would be destroyed. Lets just be friends, there are enough enemies out there.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I agree with having the better troops (US troops have all the gear and no idea) but scotland are part of the British army and although they have scottish only regiments like blackwatch you can't separate them from the whole.

It would also be severly difficult for the commonwealth to pull together a coherent force to challenge the US. It wouldn't be easy for the US, but i just can't see the commonwealth having anywhere near enough co-ordination to counter the US.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
America has a bigger military than all those countries combined and then some. It wouldn't even be a contest. The commonwealth would be destroyed. Lets just be friends, there are enough enemies out there.

In a commonwealth vs US scenario the US military would be so strung out and overwhelmed it wouldn't know where to start. 54 countries worth of military vs one country I don't think so kid. But thanks for proving why I needed to start a thread like this.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

Careful!!!! You'll hurt someones' feelers and get your post deleted! This is the after school special hour so just put up with it.

There is absolutely no concern of a shooting war developing between the Commonwealth and the USA. There will not be a war between the Commonwealth and the USA in the near future. If a war were to start between the commonwealth and the USA, it will be so far in the future that current weapons/capabilities will have absolutely no bearing on the conflict.

This thread is just another pointless 'Yay me! Booooo you!' thread of which there appears to be a plethora today. Is school out or something?

But just in case, I will be sooooo worried about those frighteningly fierce sunscreen shooters from the Maldives!!!

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

I would be interested to see the figures to back this up. I knew the US forces were big but that's crazy.. please provide some links.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by OzTruth

Good example that you have an inferiority complex cause you thread a subject about a country that is not provoking your fantasy conclusions

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by OzTruth

Yes thats correct. The SAS from Britain, Scotland, NZ and Australia truely are a marvel. That's why the Americans use them in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The chances of the Queen's countries going to war against America is nil due to the very close ties

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I'm from the UK but I've got to say that you could never bring the Commonwealth together, militarily. It's hard enough getting Pakistan, for example, to fight on the same side in the Afghan war.

Unless you count Korea, the last time the Commonwealth fought more or less as a body was World War 2, and that was a severe strain. The Australians never really forgave us for losing the battle of Singapore (as if we had a choice) and decided that an American alliance was more helpful.

Anyway, why think in terms of war with the U.S? We're like Tyre and Carthage. The reason why the Persian monarchs could not go to war with Carthage was the unwillingness of the Tyrian fleets to attack their kith and kin.An English-speaking alliance against the English-speaking Americans is very implausible. Instead, think in terms of common alliance with them against people speaking odd languages, like French or Russian or Chinese.
edit on 24-10-2011 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

The USA may have more man power but they are undesciplined, ill-trained and not a very bright lot; sorry guys but it's true.

All Australian soldiers are trained to equal that of America's Delta forces, thats how good our Aussie boys are.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Montana

It's only a hypothetical debate, we know Britain/Scotland/Australia/NZ & Canada won't be going to war against the USA!

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Montana
reply to post by CherubBaby

Careful!!!! You'll hurt someones' feelers and get your post deleted! This is the after school special hour so just put up with it.

There is absolutely no concern of a shooting war developing between the Commonwealth and the USA. There will not be a war between the Commonwealth and the USA in the near future. If a war were to start between the commonwealth and the USA, it will be so far in the future that current weapons/capabilities will have absolutely no bearing on the conflict.

This thread is just another pointless 'Yay me! Booooo you!' thread of which there appears to be a plethora today. Is school out or something?

But just in case, I will be sooooo worried about those frighteningly fierce sunscreen shooters from the Maldives!!!

missing the point much, this is all just friendly discussion on the power of the two, and yes there isn't going to be a war between the two because the US know they don't want to get their butts kicked.

as for schools out, can I ask you what feelers are?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzTruth

missing the point much, this is all just friendly discussion on the power of the two, and yes there isn't going to be a war between the two because the US know they don't want to get their butts kicked.

as for schools out, can I ask you what feelers are?

'Feelers' are what my daughter used to call feelings when she was about 5 years old. It fit.

By all means, enjoy your 'friendly discussion'. But what could possibly make you think that any of us are informed well enough to have any authoritative opinion on the subject?

I stand by my statement that this is just another 'yay me, boo you' thread. What could possibly be the point otherwise?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Montana

it fit or it fits? I understand it's hard for you to comprehend friendly discussion especially when it seems like you might not be number one.

Just remember if you dont know. Australia SAS are called on to do the US favours.

Hmmmm let's see, they were in Iraq doing the recon on Baghdad airport months before the invasion. They cleared the mines from Basra harbour and the Australian Navy paved the way for the landing of US troops. and now we provide back up in Afghanistan. Tell me can the US fight a war by itself or do you often need help???

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join