It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone want to be a MASTER MASON.....?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Well check this out you can buy your own ceritficate here

Master mason certificate

Pretty wild huh, you could show it off to your friends, or use it to get into meetings haha

It is interesting to note that it is only 10 USD, I might get one just to hang on the wall...
Kinda makes being a mason not so special

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by KingAtlas

Master mason certificate

Pretty wild huh, you could show it off to your friends, or use it to get into meetings haha

It is interesting to note that it is only 10 USD, I might get one just to hang on the wall...

How does it make it any less special?

You can buy fake medals of honor
You can buy eagle scout patches
You can buy 4th degree Koc certificates
You can buy fake sport trophies

Its what you did to earn it, and other people knowing that you earned it that matters.

The reward is usually, a peice of paper or a chunk of iron.
Not much value there...

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
no thanks, I have a life. lol

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Well how is it special in any way.

Although I understand your defensive reaction to my statement, I still maintain it on the grounds that if evryone one bought one, then seeing one would make it that much less special.

I will put it this way for you, if you have a fake trophy and you tell someone you got it for an achievement, then it becomes real, because of what it represents. The meaning you desribe is an emotional attachement to it, which has no value to anyone other than the owner.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by spw184

Master mason certificate

How does it make it any less special?

You can buy fake medals of honor
You can buy eagle scout patches
You can buy 4th degree Koc certificates
You can buy fake sport trophies

Its what you did to earn it, and other people knowing that you earned it that matters.

The reward is usually, a peice of paper or a chunk of iron.
Not much value there...

quoted for truth. You can give a million examples such as college degrees, recognition awards, etc but the reward is never the piece of paper. The reward is inside your mind always.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure that they dont accept that certificate.
If you gave me monopoly money to pay for something I wouldn't take it.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

what if we were playing monopoly....

This thread was kind of meant as humourous, but apparently this is such a serious subject...
I am so sorry for making light of your guys is love for this stuff....

Also what kind of garbage is that,"the reward is in the earning of it"
seriously, that is something you tell children like santa is real....

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by KingAtlas

I'm pretty sure that wouldn't work once you got through the lodge doorway. They'd notice right away once they saw you fumbling through the official handshake and I'm sure some of the non-masters would have lots of questions for you and they would figure it out pretty quick when you couldn't come up with coherent answers.

Masonry isn't just a bunch of plaques and crests you put on your car to get out of tickets. There are a lot of secret hand signs and other stuff they use to identify each other and I bet they can spot a faker from a mile away.

Can't wait 'till some real Masons show up in this thread to put in their two cents worth.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Also what kind of garbage is that,"the reward is in the earning of it"
seriously, that is something you tell children like santa is real....
Because Freemasonry isn't a destination, it's a path. There are people who actually go to the trouble to get the degrees who then, once they have them, stop coming thinking they've learned all there is to know. They're selling themselves short. The piece of paper is meaningless—the life lessons you learn are the value of Masonry.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

This thread was kind of meant as humourous

Humourous threads belong in the jokes forum that's how I know they are humourous.
Your thread is in the secret societies forum so I thought you was being serious.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem
I'm pretty sure that wouldn't work once you got through the lodge doorway. They'd notice right away once they saw you fumbling through the official handshake and I'm sure some of the non-masters would have lots of questions for you and they would figure it out pretty quick when you couldn't come up with coherent answers.
And all that happens before you even get into the room...

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Cosma
Humourous threads belong in the jokes forum that's how I know they are humourous.
Your thread is in the secret societies forum so I thought you was being serious.
Well, to be fair, I'd wager more than half of the threads in the Secret Societies forum really belong in the joke forum…

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

Okay I obviously touched a nerve. What i meant by the humorous was, it was lighthearted.
I wanted to show how easy it was to attain a certificate for Master masonry.

The humourous part being that you could walk into a lodge with it, obviously I UNDERSTAND you cannot do that.

If you wanted to flasify masonic credentials you would have to have alot of other things, including the knowledge that is passed on by them.

edit to add* Also Cosmo, did you seriously think that by clicking on the link you would become a master mason?
edit on 24-10-2011 by KingAtlas because: edit to add

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Master mason certificate

As it is a USA one it won't be valid over here, it isn't recognised by UGLE. Besides you only get a certificate when you pass your first degree. But if your gullible enough, as they say one born every minute.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Actually Master mason certificates have been handed out since 1819...

The Master Mason Certificate, approved and adopted by the Most Worshipful Grand Lodge of Ancient Free and Accepted Masons of British Columbia and Yukon, is a close copy of the Certificate designed and approved by the United Grand Lodge of England in 1819, and is sometimes referred to as the “Pillars Certificate” or “Grand Lodge Certificate”.
reply to post by lucifuge

source

So.. maybe just not over there?
edit on 24-10-2011 by KingAtlas because: S&G

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I am from the UK and don't understand why people would want to be a MASON ? i though it was just young college kids useing it like fraternity. I thought it is just looked up on like a joke now am i wrung ?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Except you would have to fill in information that can easily be identified as forgery if you don't know what you are doing. Plus, you wouldn't necessarily bring your certificate to Lodge to prove membership.

I mean if you want to show it off you could.

Being a Mason is much more than a piece of paper hanging on the wall, it's the experience, the brotherhood.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton
Because Freemasonry isn't a destination, it's a path. There are people who actually go to the trouble to get the degrees who then, once they have them, stop coming thinking they've learned all there is to know. They're selling themselves short. The piece of paper is meaningless—the life lessons you learn are the value of Masonry.

This is Quoted For Truth.

Dude there are lot more sites than that supply Masonic items such as certificates.

reply to post by lucifuge

In Idaho we only get a dues card when we attain Master Mason and certificates are for proficiency as Warden & Master.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I didn't receive a certificate, I must not be an official Master Mason. I did get my membership card that says my dues are paid. Guess that will have to do.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
i doubt you can get into a high level mason meeting without knowing the mason ooga booga code
no piece of paper would get you in
edit on 24-10-2011 by xPico because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3  4 >>

join