It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life's purpose is to make you christian.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

You have dropped the topic because you have nothing left to offer in your defence of the wiccan religion, and i have disproven nearly all the claims you have made thus far such as "you can be a christian and wiccan at the same time" amongst other ridiculous claims and falsehoods.

He may have left the field here, but I will not. Having read the book, several times, and researched the Christian religion half to death, I would wager I know a lot more about it than you do.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by darkredfish

Did you know hitler was a christian?

No he wasn't, just show's how much you have really researched these things.

The claim is sometimes made that Hitler was a Christian - a Roman Catholic until the day he died. In fact, Hitler rejected Christianity and was heavily involved with the occult.

Yes he was!!!
He worshipped god and was looking for the spr of desteby

On mh iphone
Shows how much u resercg these things.

If hitlet was nit chridtab. Wgay was he l

Please try harder...

edit on 28-10-2011 by darkredfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkredfish

I am giving up on trying to tell you how you can be a christian and a wiccan at the same time because you refuse to listen. I have even given you an offical link to an expert on the matter, and you still refuse it.

I'm pretty sure RevelationGeneration is getting his/her extremely ignorant and bias view of Wicca and the Occult from a Christian based site.

Kind of sad to be so "blocked" by fear of truth and real facts.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

I am giving up on trying to tell you how you can be a christian and a wiccan at the same time because you refuse to listen. I have even given you an offical link to an expert on the matter, and you still refuse it.

I'm pretty sure RevelationGeneration is getting his/her extremely ignorant and bias view of Wicca and the Occult from a Christian based site.

Kind of sad to be so "blocked" by fear of truth and real facts.

Yes, proly the same site he hot that hitler was not a christian frpm. Yhe prpvlem with fundimentalists os that they have a super narrow point of view and tend to blindly obey wthout thinkimg, they use the bible to free them from self responsability

Stull pn iphkne

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
I challenged him to do a research project on the origins of the Bible and all of it's characters. He is no longer a minister. He even apologized to his church for lying to them for 5 years running. He also explained to be how he was taught how to hypnotize and mesmerize the crowd so they would be more free with the offerings.

Interesting - yep.

Over the years of having these discussions - - I've come across several seminary students who took this challenge for one reason or another.

All of them left the church. Because - basically - it is an out right lie.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

they have a super narrow point of view and tend to blindly obey without thinking, they use the bible to free them from self responsibility

Yes they do.

What I think is really funny is - - - prayer is no different then casting a spell.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Yes they do.

What I think is really funny is - - - prayer is no different then casting a spell.

Absolutely correct. People do not realize they are the power, not some God force directly involved in human affairs. Didn't Jesus say if several came together in prayer they could move a mountain? When a bunch of Christians get together in a church, raise the power within them all to a high degree, and send a thought-form forth, this collected power goes out and does the business, as long as it does not interfere with the natural flow of things. When a group of Wiccans get together in a circle, (the circle contains the power, and keeps out unwanted influences) it is exactly the same as when Christians in a church, again to contain the power, (Most churches even have a steeple to concentrate the power, like a Witch's hat is pointed) Same same. What RevelationGeneration Yeshua is King! is doing here is attempting to get the rest of us to join the Cult he/she belongs to, and this seems to be the norm in here, and in the world. It isn't enough that they have found a thing that makes them happy, they go out and torture other people who are not like them. Ever have a Wiccan come to your door trying to convert you? Christianity is wholly based on faith and fear, and belief in a book. A book they never read though, never research, never look up the root words, and never question. I do not understand how an intelligent human being can do this?

In Wicca we do not have a "King," or a "Lord," or a "Master." RevelationGeneration said earlier that man cold not serve two Master. I wonder if he/she know that if one has a Master, that they are in fact a slave? RevelationGeneration has glaringly never researched Wicca at all, but only sees it from a Christian point of view.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I'm sure many of you who have been reading this thread are put off by the religious rhetoric of certain of our membership. I have noticed a trend of late, not only in this forum, but on TV even, as All Hallows approaches, and ETs are seen more and more every day, and there is talk of the End times, and there are some who are really scared. Scared of the unknown, scared of learning that everything they believe is a lie. Afraid a Saviour will not come to "save" them from this mess we all find ourselves in. There was another time when people were scared too, and at that time the State WAS the Religion, the two were one, and the same. There are some who would like it to be that way in modern America. Is it safe to have Fundamental Christians with End Times Prophecy in control of the White House? Or in power at all in any form of government?

This effort goes way back in history, folks.

Parallels Between The Inquisition and Modern times

The Burning Times The extermination of Witches and other heretics

History:
In 382 the death penalty was decreed against certain Heretics whose doctrines were regarded as dangerous to the State. Under the later Greek Emperors, the Church and the State (Empire) (Reich in German) were regarded as One Institution, and the ecclesiastical canon and the political laws were entered on the same statute books, so that it was often difficult to distinguish one from the other. Some groups here in modern America would like to do the same, and this is common in Middle Eastern Countries. In other words, the chosen religion was the law of the land, and the State, or governing body, was in servitude to the religion. In the eleventh century we find the first examples of Death by Fire as a punishment for heresy in the West; in the East the Emperor Justinian had decreed this penalty against the Manichaeans. The pagan Germans had burned at the stake those found guilty of sorcery or witchcraft. The common people looked upon heretics such as the Cathari, as worse than sorcerers, and insisted on their being delivered to the flames. In 1022 thirteen Cathari were burnt at Orleans by order of King Robert of France. After this there were numerous cases of the execution of heretics, either by burning or hanging, in England, France, Germany, and Italy. Curiously, Fundamentalist and Evangelical leaders often refer to the Albigensians as the true Christians of the Middle Ages who preserved the Word of God while under severe persecution by the Catholic Church. For example, David Cloud, who denounces the Roman Catholic Church and the Pope as the Antichrist, glorifies the Albigensian cult in his book, Rome and the Bible:

"The persecutions which were poured out upon these Bible-believing people beginning in the 7th century caused them to be scattered throughout Europe, everywhere carrying with them the New Testament faith. The Lutheran historian Mosheim, writing in the 17th century, says:...They were later known by many names, including Paterini, Cathari, Bulgarians, Patarins, Gazarians, Turlupins, Runcarians, and Albigenses... The term 'Albigenses' probably derived from a Council which was held in the year 1176 at the town of Lombers near Albi, 'for the purpose of examining certain reputed heretics'." (789:34)
See: The Albigenses and Cathari
watch.pair.com...

As you can see, even Christian sects tortured and killed other Christian sects. They were a bloodthirsty lot, read more about the The Inquisition.

In most any ET/Alien thread you can see them, in any thread that dares mention Wiccans, Witchcraft, Atheism, Buddhism. These threads are attacked incessantly, and some of the weaker members fall under the things some of these people say. I am certain some even feel tortured by this behavior. This trend has escalated in the past year, I guess it is because of people like Harold Camping and Pat Robertson.

The fact is we are a people divided, let's face this, we are divided in one of only four ways. All wars and all conflicts, all fights and all crimes of passion are directly connected to one of four things:
Race
Religion

I have talked about this before.
Mankind and the Great Divide
From the post:
Gender: Man/Wo-man are but two Polarities of the Same Thing. I am not talking about human qualities here, I am talking about Spirit, the Divine Spirit that dwells in each and every one of us, not just in certain religious sects and cults that exist here on Earth today.
(continued next post)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
(continued from previous post)

Race: Think about it. A carbon based, human body, be it male or female, is a container, and that which animates this is the spirit/soul. Right? So there are two parts that together are one, a whole. A carbon based, corporeal human body inhabited by a spirit. Take all the spirits out of the bodies, I think they would all look exactly the same. There may be a small distinction between those are are always female, or male, but I have come to believe that we are both in the many lives we live as we experience third dimensional life here on Terra Firma for a period of 80 years or so, give or take some for long life, accidents, and so on. In the scope of things, 80 odd years is a very short time. This planet is a few million years old...."The generally accepted age for the Earth and the rest of the solar system is about 4.55 billion years (plus or minus about 1%). This value is derived from several different lines of evidence."

The Age of the Earth
www.talkorigins.org...

Religion: This one is always controversial, because certain people in history used politics to make religion what is is today. Especially the "Established," and "Organized" religions, such as Catholicism, Christian, Protestant, Buddhist, Muslim, Taoist, Druid, Wiccan, and yes, even Atheist, you can wager that politics, or one form or other of politics, formed your belief system long ago. Every religion thinks they are the chosen, the ones on the right path, and so on, and the truth is, even though we all walk different paths in life, each and every one of these paths lead to the very same source, doesn't it? We all have encoded DNA, that which is the building blocks of man/womankind, and this DNA contains blueprint not only for the human body you see in the mirror every day, but, even more than that....it also contains the entire consciousness and manifestation of the Universe itself. Who is the CREATOR here? "I AM." (meant in a metaphoric way)

Occult Knowledge, and what is really means:

Elohim (אֱלוֹהִים , אלהים, sometimes transliterated as Aleim[1]) is a Hebrew word which expresses concepts of divinity. It is apparently related to the Hebrew word ēl, though morphologically it consists of the Hebrew word Eloah (אלוה) with a plural suffix. Elohim is the third word in the Hebrew text of Genesis and occurs frequently throughout the Torah, the Jewish Holy Scroll, recognized as the Bible or the Old Testament by other religions. Its exact significance is often disputed
source

Hereinafter follow the names of those angelic leaders who descended with this object: Samayasa, chief among all, Urakabrameel, Azibeel, Tamiel, Ramuel, Danel, Azkeel, Sarakuyal, Asael, Armers, Batraal. They took wives with whom they had intercourse, to whom also they taught Magic, the art of enchantment and the diverse properties of roots and trees. Amazarac gave instruction in all secrets of sorcerers; Barakaial was the master of those who study the stars; Akibeel manifested signs; and Azaradel thought the motions of the moon."
source

This is the so called "occult knowledge" that we are all taught to fear, and is called Satanic, and Sorcery, and Witchcraft. this is simply a scare tactic perpetrated by the church, which was one of the original control factors. The Secret Societies, such as the Knights Templar were the opposite of this coin. The truth is they both use the knowledge to meet their own agendas.

The biggest divisional factor as I can see it is Dogma. Let's have a look at that word, shall we?

1. a system of principles or tenets, as of a church.
2. a specific tenet or doctrine authoritatively laid down, as by a church: the dogma of the Assumption.
3. prescribed doctrine: political dogma.
4. a settled or established opinion, belief, or principle.
Origin: 1590–1600; < L < Gk, equiv. to dok(eîn) to seem, think, seem good + -ma n. suffix Dictionary.com Unabridged
dictionary.reference.com...

Every 24-26,000 years or so, the Earth turns over, hiding and covering up all of mankind's mistakes and trash, all of the beings "die" at one time, the Spiritual Material is collected and captured, John Lear, I believe spoke of a device that was involved in this. As soon as the planet stabilizes, the Spirits are again sent into a new model of human body, the older model being discarded. This is why modern man does not look like Neanderthal man, for one simple example. In this cycle humanity has slowly become mixed to a point, the races have mated together, we are slowly but surely becoming one people. This is what we really are, people, we are ONE PEOPLE.

We need to open up our eyes, and see what the divisions are, and see the distractions we all have, and the beliefs and dogma we have had pounded into our heads since childhood.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
oops i posted in the wrong thread soz lol

edit on 29-10-2011 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

they have a super narrow point of view and tend to blindly obey without thinking, they use the bible to free them from self responsibility

Yes they do.

Except that spells are more likely to work IMO

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join