It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is mysterious translucent jelly found in Cumbrian Fells from outer space?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

The Lake District fells have been invaded by 'The Blob', a translucent jelly which is said in folklore to be from outer space. Within the past week the mysterious translucent jelly has materialised in and around the fells of Patterdale, Cumbria.

He said: 'At the time I put some of the material under the microscope. I was trying to determine if it contained algae. I discovered a few very small algae cells, but came to the conclusion these had entered the jelly via contamination with plant matter. 'I did discover that the jelly is made up almost entirely of water, but was not able to find out exactly what it was.

Daily Mail

Strange... personally i think if it coincides with rutting season maybe there is the logical answer.

but who knows?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Deer semen?

Second

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Well it was found in Cumbrain.

But srsly from space? Highly unlikely

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

Probably KY...

Bloody doggers!

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

it looks more like something gave birth there.....

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
Deer semen?

Second

proof? or just your opinion?

second

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
Deer semen?

Second

proof? or just your opinion?

second

It had a question mark after it. What kind of proof could I possibly have, it's not the kind of thing I generally have in my photo album.

That leaves my opinion.

Third

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I'll reserve judgement until a scientific analysis is performed.

But I'll bet it's of Earth origin and nothing from space..

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
It's not uncommon. I saw some in the Brecon Beacons in Nov 2005

img.photobucket.com...

I forget exactly what it is though

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
This happened in Washington state a while back and everyone got sick. That story disappeared rather quickly as I'm sure this one will.

PS

"2nd"

Isn't that stupid? Lets type "2nd" because we have pushed our intellect to far to type anything else.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

well just writing 2 words comes across like you know what it is (great contribution btw)... if it was deer seamen, then i doubt it would be a mystery, im sure there are many people out there that know what deer seamen is like and maybe even some with it in there photo album..

fourth..

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by pilgore
Well it was found in Cumbrain.

But srsly from space? Highly unlikely

it was the title from the original article i used... if you read it you will get an explanation as to why it was used..

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ludshed
This happened in Washington state a while back and everyone got sick. That story disappeared rather quickly as I'm sure this one will.

interesting, i will have to look it up..

do you have any links?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ludshed

PS

"2nd"

Isn't that stupid? Lets type "2nd" because we have pushed our intellect to far to type anything else.

Just for the record, I did that with a note of sarcasm. I don't actually see any point in putting '2nd'

I genuinely do think that it is more than likely dear semen. It looks like it could be and coincides with rutting season so it seems the most likely explanation. A bit like the guy that found an alien artefact with his metal detector. Turns out it was a sex accessory for people who like strange things in their unmentionables. I beleive that was also reported in the same or similar paper. Just trying to sell papers.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Just for the record, I did that with a note of sarcasm. I don't actually see any point in putting '2nd'

how was that sarcastic? and more importantly why do it? what was the point?

i found a story posted it because it fits the subject matter here.. and you come along with little to no contribution and on top of that admittedly leave sarcastic comments...

seeing as you are a member for 5 years, im sure i dont have to explain to you the type of people that do things like that.. (and to be honest you really should know better)

please dont derail the thread any further with your sarcasm or snide comments... if you have something relevant to say then please do.. if not goodbye and good day to you sir..

edit on 24/10/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Lighten up will you. I had an opinion of what it could be and the fact it was two words (and I never reply with two words normally) made me think to put 'second' not really a big deal in the scheme of things. If you can't take a bit of humour be it good, bad or inappropriate then you are not the kind of OP who's threads I wish to contribute anyway.

Thank you and goodbye.

EDIT - perhaps you should move on to CrimsonMoon now with this completely irrelevant reply...

"Probably KY...

Bloody doggers! "

edit on 24-10-2011 by fiftyfifty because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I would assume most likely chemical discharge from within the earth's surface and chemical reaction with the surroundings (soil, bacteria, water, air in that specific region).

The image reminds me of the jelly like substance found on certain types of eels which is not visible until it feels threatened or when you attempt to touch/pick them up and it releases certain chemical from its skin pores which turns into jelly upon reacting with water or upto certain degree of moisture in the air.

Just a thought.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I'm going with slime molds.

This one Enteridium lycoperdon

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
This has been discussed many times on here and other sites , i think even Discovery or Nat Geo did a show on it called `star jelly` .

i think the general consensus was that it was from either Sheep or Deer. i will try to find the link.

snoopyuk

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

op you said:

"Strange... personally i think if it coincides with rutting season maybe there is the logical answer."

then he said:

"Deer semen?"

and you gave him a hard time for asking if you were suggesting that it was dear spunk... weird... maybe you shouldn't start threads if that's the way you run them.

on topic, who cares

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join