It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA warns europe that it will shoot down Galileo satellites if europe does not turn them off when o

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by nidstav

There are several satellite navigation systems in use, or planned.

Who – What – Where - When

+ US – GPS – Global coverage – In place
+ Russia – GLONASS – Global coverage – In place
+ EU and a few others (shock horror, Israel is a partner which must mean there are malevolent forces involved and China joined for a bit and left with (we can assume) all the tech to build their own COMPASS system which has overlapping frequencies – Galileo – Global coverage – Being built
+ China – Beidou #1 - Asia Pacific – In place
+ China – Beidou #2 aka COMPASS - Global coverage – Being built
+ Japan – QZSS to enhance GPS – Japan and down to Australia – Being built
+ India – IRNSS – Indian subcontinent and Indian Ocean – Being built

Hope this helps

Regards

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Master_007

"Some US officials have threatened to shoot down Galileo satellites in the event of a major conflict in which Galileo was used in attacks against American forces.[35]

Whats unusual about that?

If it is used against the US, it would be considered a fair target. I would think any nation would follow those rules of engagement.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
it's no big deal. they changed the frequency from earth and they can always change it back with a couple of keystrokes on a computer if the u.s. starts warmongering again.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Can we not wait to 2020 to discuss this, after last friday there are another 14 launches? (30 craft in total) to go before the system is useful, and they have yet to get the dibs for that. Forgot to mention the launch was ESA courtesy of a Russian rocket.

www.electronicsweekly.com...
edit on 24-10-2011 by smurfy because: Link.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Does anybody even think before they believe this stuff? Sure, we'll blow up a bunch of satellites and send debris whipping around near our satellites. Makes sense to me, it's not like it will cause us any problems such as damaging our systems will it?. It ain't Battlestar Galactica or the Star Wars movies. Anyways the military will use it's weather machines (what, you didn't know we had them?) to make storms to block their signals.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I looked for quit a while for some independent reporting of any said Official release from the U.S government relating to this story, there are actually several US engineers that had to crack the satellites "open" source code so they could develop technology for sale produced by US markets... that is about it, so other than product development and money issues that have plagued this project, nothing of any type of threat was ever made.

You could take a leap of logic and see the US govt giving that command in a war situation but as a direct US international policy, nothing of the sort can be found.

why even print this stuff is beyond me. And even if something this ridiculous had been handed down, it wouldn't be the citizens of the US it would be people in places that have nothing to do with the wage slave at home...

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
I double dare you yankees!

Oh yeah? Well, I triple dog dare you euro types.

Wait... What are we daring each other about?

That source looks like an amateur BS website made by 13 year olds.... I highly doubt anything being said on that site is even remotely legit.

edit on 24-10-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
@paraphi:
Very nice list. I gave up after I got to four when I researched it. Seems like the time for one nation to dominate the navigation-satellites is over. It is clearly getting crowded up there, so anybody who wants to prevent navigational satellites from orbiting over a territory will have huge problems doing so.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
Can we not wait to 2020 to discuss this, after last friday there are another 14 launches? (30 craft in total) to go before the system is useful, and they have yet to get the dibs for that. Forgot to mention the launch was ESA courtesy of a Russian rocket.

www.electronicsweekly.com...
edit on 24-10-2011 by smurfy because: Link.

I think they were going to send up 28 satelites but reduced it to 22 and i think you only need 4 sats say over europe to get a fix on location.

looks like we are going to have so many systems up in space that pulling the plug will no longer be a viable option for anyone but it's OK if/when a computer system becomes self aware we can pull it's plug

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Master_007

Maybe the US cut NASA because they dont need it anymore. We've been launching rockets since the 58 Im pretty sure we have something new up our sleeve.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Master_007

Fair play.. im sure other nations could blow the European and American system clean out the sky....

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by underdogradio
Does anybody even think before they believe this stuff? Sure, we'll blow up a bunch of satellites and send debris whipping around near our satellites. Makes sense to me, it's not like it will cause us any problems such as damaging our systems will it?.

Yes you make a very good point

Lets call it a dirty bomb for space

Maybe the day of big sat systems will end before it's began but who to stop hundreds of mini sats being launched that work in a network and before you answer that one let me point out that you would had been sent to a nut house if you said that someone could put 2gb of memory on a pen drive 20 years ago and it would be so cheap that they could give these drives out free with a copy of the Danndy.

knowing the military i wonder if they are not already ahead of the game

LanternOfDiogenes

Maybe you need to look further than foxnews for a source for after all we don't want the wage slaves to pick up on the news do we now and i did give six links to sites that reported the same story incase you thought i plucked it from my a$$ like some of the stories we get here.
edit on 24-10-2011 by Master_007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Is it just me , or is everything about this Galileo thing a bit odd ? The U.S is gonna have a "drill" on the 9th of NOV right ? Get your bug out packs ready just incase ....

After all , in physics, Galileo is remembered for discovering the laws of falling bodies and motions of projectiles.

And Kinetic Bombardment doesnt seem impossible at all, theyve already got the tech..

Just a little bit off putting to think something like that could be pointing at your house

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Well, as someone who suffers from Narcolepsy I'll probably be a sleep when the govt shuts it down and kills us all. Actually I'm more concerned with the crackheads down the street killing us. But if I wake up dead I'm gonna be very upset.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
The U.S. has plenty of options to launch satellites.... where did you get your terrible information? The space shuttle was not the primary means of launching satellites

ATLAS V
TAURUS
Delta

those are but a few of the major U.S. players in rockets that carry both government, and non government satellites to space.....

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by EleninPfft
Is it just me , or is everything about this Galileo thing a bit odd ? The U.S is gonna have a "drill" on the 9th of NOV right ? Get your bug out packs ready just incase ....

The connections people are trying to make in order to make this "article" somehow important are laughable in my opinion.

Yes, the Government is testing the nationwide emergency broadcast system on November 9th....for a total of 3 minutes. Imagine the conspiracy...testing a nationwide system on a national scale. Ohhh....the horror.

A bug out bag? For what three minutes of down time? What does that entail...one cracker?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join