It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA warns europe that it will shoot down Galileo satellites if europe does not turn them off when o

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Master_007

DerbyCityLights

You can argue day is night, i've given a source and i don't have time for people who are unable to do a quick google and are too lazey to look for themselves when it's a matter of public record but i will debate you if you want to talk about the ability of the USA to carryout it's threat.

Maybe you need to argue with Wiki and let me know how you get on or make a thread about why no one should use wiki as a source.

edit on 24-10-2011 by Master_007 because: (no reason given)

How about a GOOD source be posted with the OP? I didn't start this thread. I didn't research this thread. It is not my responsibility to provide validity to anything in the OP. That is what the OP is for. Post good sources or don't post at all.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Montana

No i'm not suprised the USA warns Europe over what it can and cannot do and if it's all about logic then maybe Europe should warn the USA about shooting it's GPS system down.

Only brought this up due to the launch of two satalites by Russia the other day and to me it looks like Russia is getting very tired of the USA with it's missile shield and phony wars and trying to fight a war without GPS is fighting blind and it's nice to see the USA will no longer have europe by the balls when it comes to a navigation system.

Down the road this technoligy will be used against the people in the form of pay as you drive and tracking our movements and the world will have ten rival systems to keep us in virtual prisons.

DerbyCityLights

I gave a source, lots of them so please go and argue with Wiki, AFP or the sheep in Derbyshire because i can do no more than anyone else but report the news, have a say about it and post a few links

"Post good sources or don't post at all"

When they make you a mod then i'm sure they will tell us all.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
M7, your sources are contradicting your own OP.

The United States could attack Europe's planned network of global positioning satellites if it was used by a hostile power such as China, The Business weekly reported Sunday.

This is the first paragraph of the link you provided as an alternative to that crappy blog. It clearly states IF IT WAS USED BY A HOSTILE POWER SUCH AS CHINA!

You are sensationalizing something that doesn't deserve to be. OF COURSE they would down any threat if it was controlled by a hostile country engaged in a hostile act towards America.

If this is the best you can do with your sources, I will not bother with the rest.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

"M7, your sources are contradicting your own OP. "

Wot you mean one source that has 200 lines contradicts one of the others

Never and i thought they would all be word for word perfect but they all carry the same theme about the USA telling Europe it might shoot the system down so why don't you tell us your real motive for trying to thrash this thread or go and argue with wiki like i sugested.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
First off, if you can't use wiki as a source for college, you shouldn't use it here. To many tards can edit it.

Secondly, you are trying to make this sound like the US Government told the Europe that they will shoot down the Galileo network just because we are mean and tyranical. This is a lie. Your whole position has been based on personal feelings and clouded judgment not to mention shoddy research. Tell the truth of the matter please. The US said they would take out this network ONLY if compromised by hostile countries in an act of aggression towards the US. Please tell me why this is wrong. Please tell me why we shouldn't do this if the mentioned criteria for the destruction of this network is met.
edit on 24-10-2011 by DerbyCityLights because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

"First off, if you can't use wiki as a source for college, you shouldn't use it here. To many tards can edit it."

You had better write to the owners of the site then or start a thread giving a list of valid sources but don't think we can include the Isralitimes in the list.

"Secondly, you are trying to make this sound like the US Government told the Europe that they will shoot down the Galileo network"

Yep says that in the title, i'm guilty

"just because we are mean and tyranical."

Nope, But since you ask i will say the USA is under the control of Zionist bankers myself, Mostly jewish but not all however you are free not to agree but will need to go back and argue with AFP and Wiki if you don't agree with the quotes i provided.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Forget the source, it doesn't matter. Let's assume the text, as written, is completely accurate. This is still a non-story.

Yes, the US and Europe are allies. However, obviously if Galileo was used against US troops, that relationship would be severed, even if temporarily, and I would fully expect and support retaliation for such a maneuver.

If any country, current ally or not, attacked US troops using any weapon, including but not limited to Galileo, I would expect the US to respond in similar fashion. This is hardly a new mantra, or a new threat, and has nothing to do with WW3, current global tensions, Israel, OWS or any other connections people are trying to make.

You attack us using a satellite and we are going to then blow it out of the sky. Sounds about right to me.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

Exactly. It is really quite simple which is why I'm having difficulty understanding why M7 is trying to divert this thread into an "America is evil and will even attack its friends" thread. Unless of course he/she is deliberately trying to spread disinformation...

Not only that, but have you noticed that M7 has repeatedly ignored the parts of his sources where it is clearly defined as hostile countries in control of Galileo? This thread just reeks of pure anti Americanism using half truths and subjective opinion for a basis.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Well, soon EU, Russia, China and USA has separate navigational gear. So, blocking GPS-signals for military use backfired, it was a faulty plan. It's the same principle of antibiotics. The effect wears off over time. The only thing you accomplish today is training your people to handle navigational black-outs. And pissing off the local population where you are doing the exercise. Do a search on Naval GPS Scotland, and you'll see what I'm talking about. The civilian society depends on GPS. And when I say depends, I mean they will drive into a lake if the GPS tells them to do that, that is a story you also can find on the net.

This is something I would do if somebody tried to jam my navigation gear:

if (being jammed(self)) then
new_navigational_reference(jamming_equipment);

Basically, just navigate after the jamming-signal if you're being jammed. Using a local high-energy source of navigation is actually far better then satellites. Jamming navigational gear is a kind of an oxymoron. I laugh at those who are stupid enough to over-use their jamming capability. It's the same as stealth. You get the Stealth-planes by using low-frequency radars. That's why the F117 fleet is on the ground. There are software and hardware-upgrades available today for radars.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by nidstav

Couldn't you just use a map?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by nidstav

The people that drive into a lake because their GPS system says so are called "sheeple". These are the same people that will stare blankly at the TV unsure of what to do with themselves if American Idol doesn't appear on schedule. These are also the same people that would starve to death if McDonalds goes out of business or if they pick up the phone and their pizza doesn't get delivered.

So what? Rise above. Get a map. Turn off your TV. Find your way home without the GPS.

Then, you have nothing to worry about.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by nidstav
Well, soon EU, Russia, China and USA has separate navigational gear. So, blocking GPS-signals for military use backfired, it was a faulty plan. It's the same principle of antibiotics..

Yep i think we will have ten systems in the end and what costs $7bn today will only cost $1bn in time to come.

You can understand the USA providing a free service to stop others building their own but i think the cat came out the bag and the way they tried to push europe around over this shows the real intent.

Europe and the USA could fall out again and the USA and Britain have been at war before and many in europe feel closer to Russia today then they do to the USA, Germany excluded of course.

They need to re-sync the clocks on these things twice a day because clocks go slower in space then they do on earth and it's carried out as if they are handing over keys to the red button when they do it.

No way would I want Israel and it's stuntnex virus anywhere near the system unless they were footing most of the bill so i can understand China building it's own system even if designers in europe felt the system was complete safe from deactivation.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I reflect the views that the OP referenced websites are questionable. I also think that the OP author going off on an anti-US tirade does himself no favours when trying to make a serious point...

...when the USA is bent on starting WWIII for it's zionist paymasters and if they shoot just one satalite...

It is a matter of historical record that the US and the EU have had “robust” discussions about Galileo. The EU has worked to allay concerns. I have no doubt that the EU can (and would) turn off Galileo if there were serious threats to any nation, especially the US.

Regards

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
@DerbyCityLights
They could use a map, but what I am talking about is having robust military systems where the operators will hardly notice if somebody tries to disable their navigational systems. A technological advanced military will have systems that handles primitive attempts to jam them.

@Ipowerll0627
I see your point, but the smart people also dislike their GPS being disabled. The fishermen of Scotland were right to not accept the naval exercise, because it compromised their security at their workplace. Fishing is not a safe profession. Same applies to rescue-services. And companies who deliver stuff fast. They make money on being fast, so they buy an aid to read their maps. Then the military comes up and disturbs them in the workplace. I don't know about you, but I usually will let people know if they are disturbing me while I try to work. There are good arguments why navigations equipment should not be tampered with.

@Master_007
Yes, they tried and failed to control this technology. And there are geo-political differences along with people with ill-intent towards each other in this world. Trust has to be mutual. Perhaps if they never disabled GPS that they could have used it more efficiently.

@paraphi:
Your observations are correct, it is a fact of historical records. We can guess that the US pressured and the EU responded by making sure there were leaks to China and Russia. So, next round is now when there are four navigational systems. EU used wits to combat coercion.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
It was the EU that said in the first place that it wouldn't mess with or shut down the satellites if they were used against the US. The US response was entirely reasonable. They don't need permission to act in self defence.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
I double dare you yankees!

Grow up and learn to research crap claimed here before getting your panties in a wad.

I swear... for a bunch of "awake" people some of you sure flip your lids over and believe every damned thing someone writes on here.
Look, just because something has a link doesnt mean its fact. Good god....think just a tad past your own nose.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi
I reflect the views that the OP referenced websites are questionable. I also think that the OP author going off on an anti-US tirade does himself no favours when trying to make a serious point...

...when the USA is bent on starting WWIII for it's zionist paymasters and if they shoot just one satalite...

You are free to think the worlds banking system is not inter connected or under zionist control but many hear agree with the view and you can question Wikipeda and AFP all you like as i question Fox news and the BBC but i don't think these two have been caught lieing or pushing propaganda quite as much as Fox and Co.

Think i will start a new thread so we can investigate if zionists control the western banking system so we are all clear about just what we are talking about or would that make ATS 'questionable' if used as a source in other forums, well lets see because the truth needs little defence.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Master_007

Good thing Ron Paul is going to be the next President. R.P. doesn't like the Idea of the U.S. having to rely on Russia or China to get our boys into space or our technology. So don't go counting us out of any space programs anytime soon.

Personally i don't care if we don't have any friends in the world. If it were up to me the U.S. would recede back into Isolationism and let the rest of the worlds economy collapse. We give you people billions and billions of dollars a year just so you can piss in our faces. That will come to an end and sooner than you think.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
But, for those who didn't get it: This is a historical discussion. USA said that they wanted to be tough. China, Russia and EU said OK. Then some years went by and suddenly there were 4 satellite navigations system. USA has to blow up or jam 3 systems. And, I do not think that USA wants to piss off China, EU and Russia at the same time. So, for those saying that US could just blow up a satellite, you really missed the point completely.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
I double dare you yankees!

I think there is a policy against one line remarks however only one word comes to mind, Instigator.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join