It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA warns europe that it will shoot down Galileo satellites if europe does not turn them off when o

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

With freinds like the USA who needs enemies!

"Some US officials have threatened to shoot down Galileo satellites in the event of a major conflict in which Galileo was used in attacks against American forces.[35] The EU's stance is that Galileo is a neutral technology, available to all countries and everyone. At first, EU officials did not want to change their original plans for Galileo, but have since reached a compromise, that Galileo was to use a different frequency. This allowed the blocking/jamming of one GNSS system without affecting the other, giving the US a greater advantage in conflicts in which it has the electronic warfare upper hand.[36] However, the frequency difference also makes it possible to jam the GPS without affecting the Galileo."

Read more

Europe would need to be out of it's mind to trust the old GPS system when the USA is bent on starting WWIII for it's zionist paymasters and if they shoot just one satalite down then apart from USRael the USA would not a have a friend left in the world and what's real funny is the USA does not have a platform to launch these new satellites into space and thats why Russia is helping europe to launch these news babies into space.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
terradaily and flashinvader.com? Not that I doubt this one bit, but these "sources" look like the joomla websites of children.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Um I just dont believe this article, europe and usa are complete allies, I just do nto believe this article. Maybe your trolling I dont know, wow this is a harsh accusation. If im wrong I will return and apologize, but, I dont believe this right know.
edit on 24-10-2011 by lbndhr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Jeez...the EU are such "wimps"...why isn't there a response such as...

"Go ahead, shoot it down"

Oh and by the way..

"If you shoot ours down, we'll shoot yours down"

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Oh right cool. Well to be fair, the best thing we can all hope for is for NATO to start in-fighting and destroy itself, it'll save us a lot of ammo.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Seriously, find a better source than a crappy blog. Until then, All I can say about this is its absolute rubbish.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Intresting considering that the only countries that have America's back is the EU and without them America would have been destroyed many moons ago.......complete rubbish, find a better source please.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I double dare you yankees!

link   
Well part of the source is wikipedia and i know it's not the best but it's better than Foxnews or the BBC and if anyone is the troll than it's those that are unable to check the facts for themselves using google before putting pen to paper.

Complain to Wiki if you must or lay out your logic if you think it's BS because this was all over the news about six years ago and the bit that nails it home is Russia needed to put the satalites into space because the USA can not compete on price or size and Russia took all the big parts up to the space station, not the USA and yet so many americans think they can take on the world and win but are unable to remind me of the last war the USA won.

I Guess thats upsetting some people here.

link   
Well part of the source is wikipedia and i know it's not the best but it's better than Foxnews or the BBC and if anyone is the troll than it's those that are unable to check the facts for themselves using google before putting pen to paper.

Complain to Wiki if you must or lay out your logic if you think it's BS because this was all over the news about six years ago and the bit that nails it home is Russia needed to put the satalites into space because the USA can not compete on price or size and Russia took all the big parts up to the space station, not the USA and yet so many americans think they can take on the world and win but are unable to remind me of the last war the USA won.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic

Relax. The source is shoddy and I don't believe this for a moment. Think about it logically and you will see that this whole affair is BS.

Originally posted by Master_007

No, I will complain about the OP presenting sensationalized postulations as fact. Show me where this has been reported by a reputable source please.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

Here is the actual source of the shootdown threat, such as it was. The stuff about "Zionist paymasters" comes from another source.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ramcheck
Oh right cool. Well to be fair, the best thing we can all hope for is for NATO to start in-fighting and destroy itself, it'll save us a lot of ammo.

Cast your mind back to the conflict in Georgia which was nothing like the block buster film from Hollywood '5 days in august' pack of lies and you will note that russia stepped in and kicked ass in hours.

The UN was force to accept that Russia did not start the conflict.

Too many people think they get history from Hollywood, it's ran by zionists anyway, hence all the hollycost films we keep getting.

Also not the border dispute in serbia which Russia could step in to.

My guess is NATO will come up against Russia if they keep acting as poodles for the USA and god knows why the USA gave Turkey the green light to go into Iraq to kill the PKK when they could be called freedom fighters just like the terrorists in the NTC who attacked Libya.

For bankers, all wars are good wars

DerbyCityLights

You can argue day is night, i've given a source and i don't have time for people who are unable to do a quick google and are too lazey to look for themselves when it's a matter of public record but i will debate you if you want to talk about the ability of the USA to carryout it's threat.

Maybe you need to argue with Wiki and let me know how you get on or make a thread about why no one should use wiki as a source.

edit on 24-10-2011 by Master_007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerbyCityLights

Originally posted by Jepic

Relax. The source is shoddy and I don't believe this for a moment. Think about it logically and you will see that this whole affair is BS.

Originally posted by Master_007

No, I will complain about the OP presenting sensationalized postulations as fact. Show me where this has been reported by a reputable source please.

exactly what i was saying only you said it better, anyhow something this big would not be a secret.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
On the face of it, this appears to be garbage. However if it were to be correct, the 'source' says "In the event Galileo is used in an attack on the US..." Why wouldn't you EXPECT them to be shot down in such a case? They would be just another weapon used by an enemy.

During the offensive phases of the 'War on Terror', the US entered a programmed 'error' into the GPS system that was automatically corrected by US hardware in order to prevent the system from being used against it's armed forces. I would expect allies to do the same for each other which would mean there would be no reason to destroy the satellites.

But again, if the system is being used in an attack, this makes it a weapon. Proper defense is to destroy those weapons when ever possible.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Jeez, come on.

An amateur blog writing about an article from 2004.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Another link

and another

Global Research a very good site.

I would point out that China shoot down one of it's own satalites and the USA felt the need to do the same within days a few years back but might have trouble finding a source and i also think China pulled out of the galileo project and is going it alone and who can blame them after Isreal joined the project.

Hope that put the argument to bed about the source because six seems enought to me.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Honestly, it seems almost laughable that everyone here ran off on a rant over a 7-year-old article referenced accurately in Wikipedia regarding dialogues over the Galileo GPS system between the UK and the US.

First of all, the Secretary of the Air force was correct at that time in pointing out the system could be used against the US if circumstances arose, and as such, would reasonably represent a legitimate military target. I would want to alert my allies to the fact before they invest time, money, and people's futures on such a long-term project.

Second of all, this discussion occurred 7 years ago, much has changed since then, both militarily, politically, and economically. New methods of securing networks, and satellite communications, have been developed since then, and it is likely this conversation was reported for it's sensationalistic potential, but was more of a conference to discuss the plan going forward.

Lastly, this is not a matter of nationalistic bravado, or a tug of war over who "makes the rules." It is about an issue that arises every time commerce meets government. Will monetary interests outweigh what will be considered national security? ... And we all know after 911 that almost NOTHING trumps whatever they want to label "national security."

Really... are we that eager to allow a divisive article to rile us up? Is this all it takes? Mention Zionism, US "orders" and such? It was a conversation, no one gave orders, made ultimatums, or threats, and no one was even close to making an 'incident' out of it.... except the press....

The correct title of this gem of a report should have been:

USA warned Europe in 2004 that it might have to shoot down Galileo satellites if Europe refuses to turn them off even if it is used against the US

Or better still,

"USA points out pointed out in 2004: EU Galileo system could be used against the US in war, EU representatives reportedly would not shut it down even if that were the case. Among US options: Destroy them."

edit on 24-10-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Master_007

Still not sure why this is so surprising to you.

Why wouldn't you expect a nation to defend itself against attack by destroying the weapons being used against it?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Right "zionist paymasters" is the wrong term.

The Zionist scumbag bastards who run the US and Europe for that matter are blood-sucking con-artists that swindle money from both Europe and the US.

If there is a war you can bet that the Zionist bastards will be behind it. After all, the Zionist bastards conned the US and the UK into the stupid and criminal wars in iraq and Afghanistan.

Maybe Mel Gibson was right. No wonder the Zionist bastards were furious with him.

Originally posted by FurvusRexCaeli
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

Here is the actual source of the shootdown threat, such as it was. The stuff about "Zionist paymasters" comes from another source.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join