It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The absolute mess were in!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Hey guys and gals, heres a little something i came across on our old friend facebook!

im removing the name in respect for the person who said it!

R.I..P ( name ) passed away in a car accident about an hour ago. If you saw this and wouldnt care (IGNORE] , If you saw this and you would be sad or cry (LIKE] , If you would come to my funeral (COMMENT] with a ( ♥ ]. Change the name and post this as your status and see who your real friends are...

Now ill get to the point, ill found this quite disturbing and chilling! Are we as a race at this point really? why do we crave the approval, acceptance and adoration of other people!?

Weve reached a very wierd place in our evolution and it cant possibly end well!

Given current social issues, we are gonna either destroy ourselves or change ourselves but the sad fact is that people are probably gonna die in this process?

Why are we doing this you may ask?

Well i think we will always want change and that change is to gain the aformentioned Aprroval etc.
We seemed to have become a world of needers, always gotta have better things, always craving something! Its almosdt like were being conditioned in such a slow way that we have never noticed until now, hence OWS plus egypt and the likes of revolutions!

I hope this made sense !

Me you will find doing exactly this >>>>

edit on 24-10-2011 by Free4Ever2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-10-2011 by Free4Ever2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I think it's just a matter of time before people realize that Facebook is a tool to feed our attention-deprived egos rather than for genuine social interaction. And it has also conditioned us to judge acquaintances based on the quantity of "likes" on said person's status update. It's nice for keeping in touch with old friends but honestly, when I had a facebook most of the time I scrolled down my news feed thinking, "Don't care." "Your life sucks." "Needs therapy."

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
The sad fact of the matter is that people dont care unless the changes directly affect them. People are so wrapped ip in x factor etc on tv that they have no time left to think for themselves. If people just spent one night researching or thinking where humanity is going they would wake up.

Unless a change made by tptb comes and disrupts thier lives in a big way they couldnt give a s**t. This is he sad fact of the matter and it really p**ses me off. Sometimes i wish for a fundemental change that causes an uproar instantly, but tptb are too smart for that, they salami slice a little at a time as so not to cause a problem.

TPTB are a facist regeim, all we can do is tell everyone and hope they get thier heads out of thier backsides.

join