It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks Call to Press

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
At 12.45pm Monday 24 October 2011, WikiLeaks will be holding a press conference at Frontline Club, 13 Norfolk Place, London, W2 1QJ.

At the press conference Julian Assange and Kristinn Hrafnsson of WikiLeaks will speak two separate matters:

1) In relation to WikiLeaks Vs. U.S. banks
2) A separate important announcement

www.frontlineclub.com...

The event will be live streamed at: www.ustream.tv...

thought some folk might be intersted.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
*pulls up seat*

I'm camping out in front of my screen so I can be there to see this

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
12:45 PM London time, I guess?

Hmm, I need to get to bed though. It's 4:45 am here. I guess I can come back to the thread tomorrow to find out what the separate important announcement is about.

Thanks for the heads up
edit on 24-10-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

I think I can go to bed and read this tomorrow..
Too many times these announcements are a let down.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
is there any information about what will be said?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Its probably going to be Assange talking about nothing while asking people to send him money.

Anyone have updates on his extradition case to Sweden? I know they were suppose to have a ruling coming up sometime soon.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
does anybody else have no sound on this?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
what a # stream

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by WiZKiD111

I have sound through ustream.. Right now he is discussing Bank of America, noting it used to be called VISA, and now he is referring to them "smearing" wikileaks.

Sounds like his typical whining.

** accusing US government of hacking media organizations in the US.

Wikileaks is now forced to temporary suspend all publishing operations in order to direct all resources to fighting the blocakade and raising funds (

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by WiZKiD111
what a # stream

works well for me the ustream link

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by WiZKiD111

I have sound through ustream.. Right now he is discussing Bank of America, noting it used to be called VISA, and now he is referring to them "smearing" wikileaks.

Sounds like his typical whining.

** accusing US government of hacking media organizations in the US.

Same BS -
Evil US...... Assange running out of money......... send us more........ blah blah blah.
edit on 24-10-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

he is not attacking US government.

what the hell are you listening too??

his attack is aimed squarely at the financial institutions. particularly VISA and mastercard and bank of america. he was explaining the muscle these guys have across the planet. he also explained how much information these organistaions control and how countries now rely on these organisations and how it puts the countries very sovereignity at risk.

its a very public attack of visa and mastercard. i hope he has good security team around him and buys a bullet proof vest.

your commets are either very silly or for the purpose of spreading disinfo.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

When he states it was because of US government pressure, how exactly is that supposed to come across? Financial institutions were pressured by the US government to stop doing anything related to wikileaks.

Its the same BS over and over and over again.

It gets old listening to this tool complain about funding.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

When he states it was because of US government pressure, how exactly is that supposed to come across? Financial institutions were rpessured by the US government to stop doing anything related to wikileaks.

you are not listening. it all came from the financial institutes. they used their muscle within the government departments.

he is telling you the financial organisations are running all our countries.

he clearly states timothy geither came out and said that they was no reason for any financial blockade against wikileaks

its disturbing how you are trying to make this some anti-US talk. IT is not. your are trying to turn americans off this. WHY???

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Financial institutions were pressured by the US government to stop doing anything related to wikileaks.

/editby]

you have got this back to front you numpty. its the other way around.

total disinfo your are spreading sir.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
its disturbing how you are trying to make this some anti-US talk. IT is not. your are trying to turn americans off this. WHY???

What the hell have you been smoking the last few years? Assange hates the US government and has gone on record many times going off on the US government.

This press conference is nothing but Assange complaining about actions that private bussinesses, and they are private businesses and he needs to learn the difference, have taken against him.

Being a private business they can chose who they do business with and who they dont, as well as who they want as a cusomter and who they dont.

He sure does like to fearmonger though... Stating if donations dont get fixed they go lights out in January. I liked how the reporter asked Assange why he waited 10 months to take action, and instead of answering passed the mic over to the older guy who saiud they were exploring legal options.

This is such a BS sham its not even funny. Complaining about banks being corrupt and dishonest while at the same time being in possession of stolen classified information should be the story here.

I also like how Assange changed his story on what information was destroyed by their roguree employee.. Thats changed a few times now as well. The banks piss me off as well, but all Assange is doing is attempting to get some more milk out of his cash cow.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull

Financial institutions were pressured by the US government to stop doing anything related to wikileaks.

/editby]

you have got this back to front you numpty. its the other way around.

total disinfo your are spreading sir.

uhm ok corky... Here is an idea, go read his interviews and other press conferences he has held. Then get back to us about dis information. Do you not do any research at all before chastising others? Even the people in the stream chat made the same comments I did about blaming the US government.

Assange and his crying about fairness is like clockwork. Whine to the media after getting them to a press conference by issuing vague statements about the topics, then beg for money. Every so many months after he falls out of the news cycle he pops back in.

I wish the media would jsut stop covering him all together.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

When he states it was because of US government pressure, how exactly is that supposed to come across? Financial institutions were pressured by the US government to stop doing anything related to wikileaks.

Its the same BS over and over and over again.

It gets old listening to this tool complain about funding.

It's getting old listening to your BS actually..
Yes the US Government did pressure the financial institutions..
It's legally Wikileaks money and the US is forcing the withholding of it..

What charges have the US laid against Assange to justify this action???

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Got to say, it's a bit boring at the moment.

It's mostly about donations and Wikileaks survival, Julian soapboxing various issues. But nothing jaw dropping or shocking.

And no mention of secret UFO/alien videos/disclosure, which is all I relaly care about. And as such, I'm losing interest rapidly....

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Sorry man you get to whine on your own today. Not really in a mood to deal with your political baiting and trolling in a thread you know nothing about. You really need to learn US law, or at least find someone capable of reading it to you, so you dont continually ask the same dumb questions over and over. Look this term up - Statute of Limitations.

good luck

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

reply to post by backinblack

Sorry man you get to whine on your own today. Not really in a mood to deal with your political baiting and trolling in a thread you know nothing about.

good lucl

So your not going to tell us the charges the US have laid against Assange??

I think members will draw their own conclusions as to who is the troll and who is political baiting without your assistance..

OK then, keep up the lies, I'm sure some fool will believe you without the links/proof you SCREAM at others to show.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join