It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So Your Soon Not Going To Be Allowed To By Anything Second Hand With Cash?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
How the hell is this going to work? Tptb want to stop people purchasing stuff from thier neighbours, etc..?

So what are people going to trade with if not money? I think tptb are are so in control but at the same time so out of control, I am a little frightened peeps. Not for myself but for my kids. What in gods name is going on with the world?

I kid you not, the only way to stop this is by removing and putting in prison these criminals. God we are in so much trouble and the longer it goes in the deeper the human race will get into trouble. We are being buried deeper as each day passes, unless something happens we are going to be buried so deep we will never be able to get out of this hole.

We have been told that the human race will be physically, emotionally and spiritually destroyed but I didnt realise what this actually meant at the time, now I understand what tptb are doing, its as plain as day. We must stop this madness or we are seriously gonna be toast, I kid you not.

edit on 24-10-2011 by TheMindWar because: Typo

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Do you have a source to link? Or anything to back up your claim?
edit on 24-10-2011 by randomtangentsrme because: added more

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

On my iphone, not good at putting up links
but there has been a bill passed in the US just last week that makes it illegal in some state(s) not to purchase second hand goods with cash! Sorry, if you can find a link it would be greatly appreciated

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
circa Nov 5, ATMs and Banking Systems may FAIL

money will be useless

that is a circulating theory on FB

www.reddit.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
The first thought that came to my mind:

Where are all the hipster kids going to shop for clothes and ironic items now?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

It is my understanding....that the state of Louisiana is the one state that has passed a law on not paying cash for second-hand goods. They say that the reason for this law is to catch criminals who are buying or selling stolen goods.

Here is link: www.klfy.com...

edit on 24-10-2011 by caladonea because: add more

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
LA Second hand cash Illegal
Louisiana has done it..

They are LITERALLY TRYING TO MAKE YOU KEEP MONEY IN THE BANKS SO THEY WONT FAIL.
IF cash is USELESS on seconhand things. You must keep money in the bank to write checks and such
How big of an industry is trading and selling on craigslist? Goodbye to that.
edit on 24-10-2011 by ThetaNuRucka because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
damn beat me to it lol

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
there is no way at all that this could be implemented, policed or enforced. inorder for that to happen they would have to know about every single cash transaction taking place. maybe you missunderstood, and they are actually planning to implement this in second hand shops, ebay ect

just a possability

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
They can bite me . . . in the grand scheme of things, if they want to send out the FBI, CIA, NSA, or just a BFJ or whatever organization to hunt me down for buying a carwash pail for $1, I hope they spend a cajillion dollars doing it.

And, if they do catch me, I'll be standing before some judge saying it ain't used, it's experienced.

With everything that's going on in this country, you'd figure they have better things to do. Tax dollars hard at work.

Go figure.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
It was mentioned last night by George Knapp on Coast to Coast AM, and on the Thursday edition of the Infowars podcast. Here is the link to an actual newpaper:

www.youtube.com...

I sent that douche bag an e-mail telling it was a horrible idea. I also mentioned the logic, that you can't make a law based a small, small, minor problem that will affect law-abiding Americans.

You see, in my city of New Orleans, there are many shops that law abiding citizens open that buy and sell used goods. It is up to the store owners to determine if the goods are stolen property or not.

I wrote the author of the bill Ricky Hardy an e-mail, telling him that it was bad legislation and then I finished the e-mail asking, "Who do you think you are?"

I'll be call his office tomorrow and tell him (or his office personnel) what I think about this bill. But if you watch the video it says that he co-authored it. I will find out the other authors and tell them what I think.

My fear is that it will extend to garage sales or situations where an American citizen is down on their luck and are forced to sell some of their belongings. If you set up on a sidewalk, or a garage sale, people make spontaneous purchases with cash, they don't go to the post office, purchase a money order for $2.00 to buy a salt and pepper shaker. That day is coming. It's already here.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Absco
The first thought that came to my mind:

Where are all the hipster kids going to shop for clothes and ironic items now?

Heh, my hipster kid (now a young adult) loves the second hand clothing stores. And to think she used to hate my ratty old retro t-shirts, multi-coloured hippy wear, knitted ponchos, funky hats, and sandals... Go figure.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DaveNorris

They print the money, there is nothing to stop them printing money, hence, no one has any.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
And who didn't see this coming?

It's been known for decades that cash is a dying tool.
That's why credit was invented/implemented.
Then credit cards were handed out like candy.
Do you use a debit or credit card?
Then...you already fit in their pre-existing plan.

You see, this is a baby step in the times to come.
Eventually, ALL transactions will be cash-less.
Electronic currency is the ultimate, easily manipulated tool.
It will be the next "fad" or "cool idea"....
It will be sold to its users as "the only way to pay".

Doesn't anyone else see the future of the credit card system here?
It's pretty obvious which direction this is heading.

And all the sheep will blindly obey and consume like normal.

Cause everyone knows.
You can't survive without money! [/sarcasm]

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
You got to wonder how this is possible, it seems like some sort of legal contradiction...

Legal Tender is Legal Tender. I'm no expert on the laws of commerce (who is) that rule our lives, but I thought that it is illegal to turn down cash, or something like that..

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThetaNuRucka
LA Second hand cash Illegal
Louisiana has done it..

They are LITERALLY TRYING TO MAKE YOU KEEP MONEY IN THE BANKS SO THEY WONT FAIL.
IF cash is USELESS on seconhand things. You must keep money in the bank to write checks and such
How big of an industry is trading and selling on craigslist? Goodbye to that.
edit on 24-10-2011 by ThetaNuRucka because: (no reason given)

I do not think this is about keeping money in the banks. I actually believe this is about tracking people's income.

I live here in Louisiana and ever since this law passed I began getting a notice on my door every week reminding me of something new going into effect as policy for my apartment. The notice reads as follows..

"Due to advice from the **editted** Parish Sheriff's Department, we will no longer accept cash for your rent and water payment each month."

The rest goes on to explain who to write checks or money orders to. Now I have lived here for 3 years and I have always paid my rent in cash. I discussed this with the apartment manager when I moved in and at that point she let me know that she actually preferred cash payments. So since this law passed it seems to me that this is now being attached to rent as well. Technically when you are renting you are purchasing a good owned by another so that would technically make it second hand. So I believe this to be linked, and it would seem to me that by forcing people to buy money orders or write checks, you are forcing people to leave a paper trail.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
It's actually aimed at traders so quit with the bs fearmongering that you can't buy something from your neighbour for cash.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I'm in the UK but everything I sell in my shop is at least second hand and 95% of sales are in cash - I don;t even accept credit or debit cards

Seems a totally bizarre law - though maybe we don;t have all the details? You go into a second hand bookshop and find a old tatty paperback by John Grishm for 50 cents and you have to pay by card or cheque? Can't see that being very popular nor even workable?
edit on 24-10-2011 by Essan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
This does not affect us here in the UK...... just yet!
However, I watched this news report/vid last week
www.davidicke.com...
I used to live not to far from a wonderfully progressive and 'out of the box' thinking town called Totnes. They already run a system like this and they call it the Acorn. I believe the Isle of White has one and a few other places in the UK.
Personally, although barter can have limitations, hence the reason money came into being, it is only limited by our thinking and application.
For the last few months I have been doing car boots here in the UK. I have found a really lovely one which is indoors...a disused garden centre greenhouse! The stall holders are really lovely people as are the people who come in search of a bargain. I was going to put up a sign on my stand last Sunday saying 'Barter accepted here', but I never really had the guts to if the truth be known. So I have shaken off the 'limiting' of my thinking and I am going to 'apply' it this Sunday.....I'll let you know how it works out!
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
This is a terrible law!! If you hold a garage sale at your home more than once a month, you cannot accept cash as a form of payment AND you have to keep a log of everyone who purchased something from you. This is almost certain to be stricken down once it is challenged in court. Hopefully these morons will be voted out of office for this.

new topics

top topics

join