It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Interesting Hearsay About OWS & Our Military

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by idisi
I can confirm this- my fiance is an officer in the Army. You wouldn't believe how many Soldiers support this. I have been told that if they were called upon to quell OWS that a good lot of them would refuse. They're on our side.

I"m the OP of this thread, and I was doing a Google search on a phrase that I used in the OP, and this thread came up. ( In a way, that's kind of scary, and in a way, kind of cool ). I looked at this last page, because I had given up on the thread when it kind of fell off of the list, and I didn't check back. But I was glad to see some of these "newer" responses, especially this one.

Now that some time has passed, I do regret calling Tea Party members "Tea Baggers" in the OP. Someone accused me of "Pre-Trolling", and I have to admit that I was kind of baiting with that, and I was wrong for using the terminology. But my personal experience has been pretty negative with Tea Party members on ATS, and they get nasty quick. In my mind, I was simply "throwing the first stone" because I knew they were about to come my way anyway. I saw some of these comments about OWS being "communist" and "treasonous", and this is simply rediculous. OWS is full of truly patriotic people. They care a lot more about America than a lot of "average citizens" do. I just remember the days before the "Tea Party" were present on ATS, and it was a lot less politically and idealogically polarized then.

It has been interesting to see the police using violence and ramping-up their efforts to quash the movement. Perhaps this thread still has some life in it, and some topical relevance. Only time will tell.

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join