It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Re: We

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Socrates suggests that the soul is immortal, and repeatedly incarnated; knowledge is actually in the soul from eternity, but each time the soul is incarnated its knowledge is forgotten in the shock of birth. What one perceives to be learning, then, is actually the recovery of what one has forgotten.

So if this Matrix is kNOwTHING more than a Experiment to answer a question about Chaos (control) and WE the Souls, the True Children of Zion/God/Source, rerun it over and over, changing something at the End (the question), then your Soul is dew'n kNOwTHING more than animating a person that has existed before, thus . . . . .

There is kNOw try, there's only re-try.

There is kNOw dew, there's only re-dew.

There is kNOw move, there's only re-move.

There is kNOw play, there's only re-play.

There is kNOw match, there's only re-match.

There is kNOw question, there's only re-question.

There is kNOw invent, there's only re-invent.

There is kNOw learning, there's only re-learning.

There is kNOw imagine, there's only re-imagine.

There is kNOw quest, there's only re-quest.

There is kNOw search, there's only re-search.

There is kNOw failure, there's only success.

There is kNOw now, there's only the past.

There is kNOw future, there's only the past.

So there is kNOw you, there is kNOw I, there is kNOw me, there only IS and WE IS.

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
However, your post makes little sense. Still not completely sure what i just read actually meant.

Never heard of the Socrates(!) myself, but it seems as if they are just not right in the head. Its best if you do not take their words to heart.
edit on 24-10-2011 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
However, your post makes little sense. Still not completely sure what i just read actually meant.

Never heard of the Socrates(!) myself, but it seems as if they are just not right in the head. Its best if you do not take their words to heart.
edit on 24-10-2011 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

Socrates played with the likes of Aristotle and Plato, so compared to most, he has more credibility and the fact you weren't able to discern my werds and don't kNow who Socrates is, that says more than I could possibly say.

As to me taking his werds to heart, I don't, I take the truth to heart and it just so happens Socrates said something that goes hand-in-hand with actuallity, the true reality.

Ribbit

edit on 24-10-2011 by ButtUglyToad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

As to me takinghis werds to heart, I don't, I take the truth to heart and it just so happens Socrates said something that goes hand-in-hand with actuallity, the true reality.

I'll take your word for it then. Good luck with all of... this.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

As to me takinghis werds to heart, I don't, I take the truth to heart and it just so happens Socrates said something that goes hand-in-hand with actuallity, the true reality.

I'll take your word for it then. Good luck with all of... this.

There is no luck, no bad luck, there only IS and WE IS.

I made this thread just to go ahead and stick the truth out so soon, you will realize just how closed minded you all really are.

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   

If you feel the need to prove something, you are only trying to convince yourself.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad
I made this thread just to go ahead and stick the truth out so soon, you will realize just how closed minded you all really are.

Ribbit

there is no truth

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull

Ribbit

there is no truth

The truth is everywhere and the truth is, there is kNOw you!

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Though I think the OP is really just a pretty play on words, anyone whose taken an Intro to Philosophy class should be familiar with Socrates' teachings. He believed that wisdom was innate in everyone.

Though I have no personal belief invested in it, I find the idea of reincarnation fascinating. The idea that a single soul could come back to this world in another body, another point in time. How awesome would it be that every act of love or hate you caused another, you were actually doing to yourself? You live out all these lives and then in your final act, you get to come back as someone like Gandhi or Jesus, with all previous forgotten knowledge having become more accessible.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   

The truth is everywhere and the truth is, there is kNOw you!

Ribbit

all truths are but half truths

every truth is half false

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkKnight21
Though I think the OP is really just a pretty play on words, anyone whose taken an Intro to Philosophy class should be familiar with Socrates' teachings. He believed that wisdom was innate in everyone.

Though I have no personal belief invested in it, I find the idea of reincarnation fascinating. The idea that a single soul could come back to this world in another body, another point in time. How awesome would it be that every act of love or hate you caused another, you were actually doing to yourself? You live out all these lives and then in your final act, you get to come back as someone like Gandhi or Jesus, with all previous forgotten knowledge having become more accessible.

What's the old saying . . .

Dew unto others as you'd have them dew unto you?

To dew and be done, that is the question.

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Everything is being done.
There is nothing you can do as you are being done.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Everything is being done.
There is nothing you can do as you are being done.

You are dumb!

In the OP, I said:

"There is kNOw dew, there's only re-dew."

In your case:

"There is kNOw tard, there's only re-tard!

You are a retard.

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   

I know what you wrote in the OP but it is not the truth.
Retarded people can't spell. Do is spelt do, not dew. And no is spelt no, not kNow.
I hope i have helped.
edit on 24-10-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

I know what you wrote in the OP but it is not the truth.
Retarded people can't spell. Do is spelt do, not dew. And no is spelt no, not kNow.
I hope i have helped.

Peeps with a sense of humor, will make a play on werds to add character to their werds.

You have kNOw character!

If you want to be stupid, please be stupid elsewhere's, your stupidity is kNot welcome here. If you want to openly discuss the subject matter of this thread, then by all means but you clearly lack the necessary intelligence factor to argue your way our of a wet noddle factory, so your idiotic banter isn't surprising.

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
[more

You are not clever or funny.
And everything is welcome here.
However, One is amused.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Again it is you who loves to argue.
I am only ever exploring myself.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Di asterium per totem tro persium.

Galtlo pin norteis gai freferes is no to plias de totem. Di verium is nero bon aritum carniper frhaht man.

Gerroto de serotium purla.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
Di asterium per totem tro persium.

Galtlo pin norteis gai freferes is no to plias de totem. Di verium is nero bon aritum carniper frhaht man.

Gerroto de serotium purla.

Excellent!

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
To anyone claiming that Toad is in any way stupid, unintelligent, or a fool, you are indicting your own ignorance. There is a pattern to his INTENTIONAL misspellings. You have to be able to look past the medium of delivery to find the meaning of what he is truly saying. There is wisdom in his "werds", and he knows his Western Philosophy. I was skeptical at first, because emoticons annoy the piss out of me, (But that is of no consequence, what bothers me is totally irrelevant, which I forget from time and time), and what I felt was a bit too much obfuscation in his posts. We had an exchange on another thread, and I got a little caddie and d***head-ish because I allowed his method of delivery to irritate me. You have to look past that.

The reason Toad's initial post is brilliant is the way in which he incorporates multiple layers of Socratic philosophy into the thread. He succinctly explains a few metaphysical ideas of Socrates, and via his method of expression draws some fairly striking conclusions. This starts a dialogue on the thread. However, here is where I am impressed. Socrates, as a Philosopher and Debater, ALWAYS played the fool initially. Socrates wanted to people to think he was a fool, and when he had them believing this he would dissect their entire belief system with surgical precision through ostensibly simple yet sub-textually complex questions.

Toad is employing a form of Socratic irony in these posts, and if you can look past the delivery you could learn something.

Toad, I know that I wrote that you appropriated one of your ideas from Berkeley, but that was out of line and upon further reflection not true.. I think our conceptions of Time might have more in common than I originally thought, after re-reading and thinking about some of your claims. I had some weird stuff happen to me a couple of years ago that shattered my ontological position., but prior to that I was a devout worshiper in the church of "Scientific Orthodoxy and Scientific Truth", so when arguing about the "Structure of the Universe", I will sometimes revert to my old brainwashed ways and rule something out immediately because it does not meet the arbitrary and flawed measure of "truth" set forth by the puppet scientists. I now truly do not know what to believe, but I no longer deny the existence of the spiritual, for lack of better term. So consider this a bit of a mea culpa, and maybe we can discuss your metaphysics at some other point in the future if you have the "time".

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join