It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists, working on curing Death, before curing Taxes, are dooming us all to be Taxed FOREVER!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Explanation: I believe the title of this threads topic is self evident!

It's this simple ...

1] Scientist cure death.

2] TPTB mandatorily forces immortality or sudden death upon everybody else.

3] The immortal survivors are taxed forever!

Where as if the scientist cured us all of being taxed FIRST they would in fact be ALSO curing us of TPTB at the same time.

Personal Disclosure: So, are the scientist efforts currently and wrongly misplaced?

What would you prefer they cure 1st ... Death or Taxes?

edit on 24-10-2011 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to swap the placement of two words for reasons of context.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Since my extensive research into '___' I no longer believe in death, so I'd like to see taxes cured.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Then that would mean that Justin Timberlake's new movie is a possibility when it comes to regulate our time of immortality.

edit on 24-10-2011 by Absco because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos
1] Scientist cure death.

1] I do not believe that scientists will ever be able to cure death. They are currently looking for cures for diseases, and while some of them may be trying to find something to cause immortality, they will never find it. Immortality does not exist, not in the physical world at least.

2] How the hell would they enforce that? I don't think anyone, even the people who are all for immortality, would condone the instant killing of anyone who didn't become immortal. So even if scientists did cure death, I do not think this would be the next logical step in the process...

Also, I do not think taxes are evil. Excessive taxes are wrong, but taxes in general are not evil. So I would prefer that scientists continue to work to cure DISEASES so that we can all live more fruitful and flourishing lives.
edit on 10/24/2011 by spacekc929 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Reply to post by OmegaLogos

Well while I dont personally believe there is a group of people who plan to rule the world forever i've read enough about TPTB on here to get a feel for what people think they are. From my understanding of this I dont believe your theory makes sense. Why? Firstly, they couldnt profit as much from making people immortal because im assuming if science cured death they also cured all disease. Treating diseases generates more revenue so a money hungry force wouldnt allow this. Secondly if people lived forever TPTB would lose its control over the population. Living for that long would almost definetly enabled people to be more aware of how the world works.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Taxes.
Death is so permanent and as an aquarius I like to mix things up from time to time.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Explanation: Thanks for all the replies! Starred!

reply to post by spacekc929

1] So you think their efforts as regards life extension are a waste of time! Ok!

2] It comes down to TPTB saying that immortality is good for you and then declaring war on useless and TEMPORARY eaters that are both a drain and a waste on the new immortal society.

Personal Disclosure: I said nothing about scientist curing MORBITITY which is whether we get sick or not and morbitity, although connected, has nothing to do with this thread ... imagine being sick and uneducated FOREVER and then being Taxed on top of that!

Please get back on topic [although I fully agree that morbitity should also be cured .. just 2nd or 3rd & not 1st]

Less Taxes = More Money = Better LifeStyle = Less morbidity [generally speaking].

Curing Taxes would actually help out the disease situation and so I think you are either , like the scientist placing your efforts in the wrong area OR you are trying to derail this thread with off topic issues.

Which is it?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by spacekc929

Im not so quick to think that immortality is not a possibility if we are thinking in physicality through genetic manipulation using organisms like viruses and cancer and star fish and some other sea creatures that have physically lived for hundreds of years blended with new technologies like even if you got your head cut off they can some how suspend your body and have a new one made for you or stranger yet intimatley blend the two and make cyborgs, I don't think impossible maybe improbable.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I think, "give me liberty or give me death."P. Henry

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I totally thought this was going to be an Onion headline before clicking.
I don't know what I'd think if scientists, of all professions, dropped everything they were working on to focus on solving taxes.

edit on 24-10-2011 by Angelaisaac because: typo

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Angelaisaac

I have an idea, they would probably tax us longer and more to fund the research, and then they would tax us forever

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
you'll see a cure for death when eli lilly can bottle it, and sell it as a one pill per day treatment that costs 2.5 million a year.

most likely the side effects will include coma and death.

either way you'll never afford it. unless you work and have healthcare and become an eternal slave that can never quit because you'll die.

edit on 24-10-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Interestingly enough scientists aren't qualified to cure taxes. In fact there are probably tax dollars being spent to pay them to cure death!

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
if there is a tree of life,i would look in the genetic gaps scientist found when they were decoding the plant genome.for example marijuana and strawberries are closely related but there is a gap of plants that are extinct we have no clue what they are.i say we should try to create all the extinct plants and see if there is something missing from the human diet.or new medicines we hadnt thought of.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos
Explanation: I believe the title of this threads topic is self evident!

It's this simple ...

1] Scientist cure death.

3] The immortal survivors are taxed forever!

Where as if the scientist cured us all of being taxed FIRST they would in fact be ALSO curing us of TPTB at the same time.

Personal Disclosure: So, are the scientist efforts currently and wrongly misplaced?

What would you prefer they cure 1st ... Death or Taxes?

edit on 24-10-2011 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to swap the placement of two words for reasons of context.

Once taxes are cured how do you get funding for the cure for death? Also roads, railways, firefighters, teachers, cops .. ya know taxes arent looking so bad anymore.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Explanation: Bumped to help generate ad revenue!

Personal Disclosure: Enjoy!

new topics

top topics

join