It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this flag?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I watched this movie yesterday called "Diary of the Dead" made in 2007 by George A Romero and seen this flag hanging on the hospital in one of the scenes, the reason why I am asking is just a few weeks ago I watched the movie "Nightmare on Elm Street 2010", not the awesome old one but the horrible new one and noticed that exact flag hanging on the high school flag pole, which is the reason it caught my attention when I seen it yesterday in the other movie, it only shows in each scene for about 2 to 3 seconds. I was wondering what flag is this, anyone know?

Thanks

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by hapablab

About how many minutes exactly is this into the film? And do you have a screen capture from "Nightmare on Elm Street 2010"?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Looks kind of like the flag of Ohio:

Maybe?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Replikant
Looks kind of like the flag of Ohio:

Maybe?

Thats the one for sure , here is another link zebratigerfish.blogspot.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Hmm, I didn't count, its on comcast on demand and it's time ran out to watch it over, I would say around 10-15 minutes in, its the footage of the news the college kids were watching in one of the scenes, Also I am so sorry I don't have a screen grab of the Nightmare on elm street one because I couldn't find my camera, I actually looked everywhere for it because the flag was sitting above the American flag in the movie which pissed me off so I wanted to upload it on here and tell everyone lol, and now its gone off of comcast on demand, I'm going to rent it tomorrow at blockbuster, I really want to get a shot of that.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Ah I got beat to it. It looks like Ohio to me. Even though George Romero likes his movies based in good ol Pennsylvania. (though this is the remake)
edit on 24-10-2011 by Absco because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Oh so awesome, I knew I can find the answer on this website, I love you guys!!, I wonder why these two movies used the flag of Ohio, since diary of the dead was filmed in PA and Nightmare on elm street was filmed in Illinois.

*Edit*, a quick google search tells me Diary of the Dead was filmed in Toronto, but based in PA, which is still odd to have the Ohio flag.

Thank you guys :-)
edit on 24-10-2011 by hapablab because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
One observation I noticed is that the ohio flag has a red dot in the center and the picture the op provided doesn't have the red dot....

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by agentblue

Good point, i took a closer look thanks to the quick awesome links provided and notice a couple things a little off, like those white things in the corner as well, thats also not on the Ohio flag, also wanted to add sorry the pic is not of good quality, took a pic of my TV screen.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Looks similar but not the same flag imo. Two white stars/dots in the top corners and it's flat on the bottom.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by hapablab

I was wondering what flag is this, anyone know?

It looks similar to, but not exactly like the "Ministry of Information" Flag brother

edit on 24-10-2011 by InformationAccount because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Looks like the "eye" of the Illuminati

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
It does sort of look like the Ohio flag, i'm not too familiar with it being from the UK.

Another consideration could be that it looks like in the Diary of the Dead (I have this on DVD), it looks more of a poster. As when making film sets, things like this are usual of a stock of items, like posters, leaflets, newspapers etc and other everyday stuff. It's like here in the UK some of the old TV shows have been using newspaper props of which there is say a dozen, which they cycle through, and you can see in new episodes the same papers they read 20 years ago. Keep an eye out as if it is one of these it might pop up elsewhere.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Okandetre

It does sort of look like the Ohio flag,

i'm not too familiar with it being from the UK.

That cracked me up. Not laughing at you, but laughing at myself.

Thank you

Ohio isn't very far from me. I have been in that state many many times. As far as I can recall, I have never seen that flag before. I'm not even sure how well I know my own state's flag. I have somewhat of an idea about it. I could probably pick it out of a lineup, but I couldn't give all of the details, just from memory alone.

Screenshots from around 17:55-18:00, of 'A Nightmare On Elm Street (2010)'

I agree with others. The flag in 'Nightmare.....' is the Ohio State Flag, but the other image is not.

edit on 10/24/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
its the NWO flag

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

wow awesome, you got the screen shot from Nightmare, thank you, when I seen the one in diary of the dead I thought wow, its the same thing, but again I don't see the red dot in that one but yeah in nightmare its clearly the Ohio flag, thanks for the screen shot!!

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Okandetre
It does sort of look like the Ohio flag, i'm not too familiar with it being from the UK.

Another consideration could be that it looks like in the Diary of the Dead (I have this on DVD), it looks more of a poster. As when making film sets, things like this are usual of a stock of items, like posters, leaflets, newspapers etc and other everyday stuff. It's like here in the UK some of the old TV shows have been using newspaper props of which there is say a dozen, which they cycle through, and you can see in new episodes the same papers they read 20 years ago. Keep an eye out as if it is one of these it might pop up elsewhere.

you are right it does look like a poster, when I seen the nightmare on elm street flag, and then this one I really thought it was the same thing, very similar but no it may just be that a poster, I will now look around and see if I see it in other films as well, its fun when you start to spot these things lol, but it sorta makes me crazy, when i seen that in diary of the dead I screamed wheres my camera!! I seen that flag before!! lol.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Hey for giggles I typed "free mason flag" in the bing search and came up with this in the images tab, maybe they are a society of free masons and they put the flag or something that looks closely like it in their movies for fun lmao.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
reply to post by Okandetre

It does sort of look like the Ohio flag,

i'm not too familiar with it being from the UK.

That cracked me up. Not laughing at you, but laughing at myself.

Thank you

I think I missed a comma which made it sound like I meant something else

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
lol, I didn't notice anything off with your post, but isn't it amazing what a missing coma can do to change a meaning to a sentence lol.

also can i ask you all a favor, that is if you come back to this thread, can you flag it so others can see it as well, I really want to know more about this and see if others may have noticed this as well. Thanks all :-).

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2 >>

join