It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the CIA keeping Climate Change a secret ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Apparently the CIA must know something about "climate change" and it's future impact on the environment coupled with global politics, declining agricultural yields, security implications, population growth forecasts, etc that it feels is NOT in our best interests to be privy to. If they've taken such steps to bury their findings and conclusions, this certainly does not bode well, in my opinion.

This cover up by the CIA was revealed recently when a National Security Archive historian asked the CIA for a copy of any impact studies or reports the center has done in March 2010. But the CIA responded in September that

such material is quote "currently and properly classified and must be denied in its entirety."

Source: Scientific American

Here's the CIA's official response to the FOI request in which they refuse the request ...

So ... should we be worried or at the very least concerned ?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

I have heard they do not want to release it because they found that the globe is warming but its not due to man and we have no control over the factors behind global warming. It makes the government seem impotent and so they keep that classified.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by tHEpROGRESSIVE

Your absouloutely right!!! The CIA has another job now as well as the many others they secretly perform and it's in Charge of all climate change data. It has deemed this data a National Security Secret and Not Subject to The Freedom of Information Act!!! Launched in 2009 and would not address climate change!!! But rather The National Security impact of Phenomena!!
Read the story below.
www.themoralliberal.com...
ps notice this statement from the bottom of the artical,

Interestingly, when the CIA global warming center opened the agency said it would coordinate with intelligence community partners on the review and declassification of imagery and other data that could be of use to scientists in their own climate-related research.

The words imagery and data .. That means pictures from space as well and data meaning information maybe tied to those images? Space rocks even? Who knows ? s/f op thx
edit on 24-10-2011 by CherubBaby because: added quote

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
total bugger and bowl movements!

The general public will never know. If they find out cap and trade can be boxed and burnt so maybe that's the agenda behind their findings.

Cap and trade supposed to be the tax that will bring us all under one umbrella. To activate the NWO.

I am sooooooo sick of this luny way TPTB runs this circus show. I wanna get offf of this bus. No, rather, I want to tell the driver to take a hike!

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
This has been posted several times, and what people keep forgetting is that this in no way, shape or form corroborates the claims that mankind is the cause of Climate Change.

Climate Changes have caused riots, food and water shortages, and political change as well as entire civilizations have had to move to new locations due to Climate Change, and these reports could very well be about this possibility.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
We're probably being terraformed.

Or whatever you would call it when you insert another planet's name.

Khar

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Well the CIA aren't likely to tell us how many scientists and their families they have threatened if they don't agree man causes global warming..

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

might be chemtrail info in those files as well

hey, somebody had to say it, i'm being serious,though .

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Wow! The CIA will not release the information on what steps we should take or what risks are present and what we should look for in the event climate change causes tensions with other countries. Now that's a bombshell worth getting worked up over (again). As a citizen why would I want that to be public knowledge? Of course there is no way any of our possible enemies could get or would want that information if it was made public is there? Or did I misunderstand the issue.

My first reaction to the title was, climate change is a secret?

I think you are all part of a grand conspiracy since no one will post their bank account info and other information. What are you all hiding????

There are some things the public does not need to know. Why aren't you throwing a fit about the blacked out area of the letter?? Somebody is hiding something.

new topics

top topics

join