It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OC's Elenin/Nibiru/2012 Mea Culpa

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by OldCorp

Keep treking

I'll only worry when the planets get pulled out of orbit first.

After all, who ever said you'd see it coming?

I actually have the Gallifrey connection as part of the body of evidence from which I draw, as well as the movies "Melancholia," "Another Earth," "When Worlds Collide," "2012," "Knowing," television shows like "The Event," and music videos as well, particularly Britney Spears "Til the World Ends" as examples of this mythos in popular culture. People are being bombarded with these images, all telling the same basic story. What's that old line, "Repeat a lie often enough and people begin to believe it?" Whether consciously or subconsciously, anyone who watches movies or television at all has seen this theme at least once if not multiple times.

I can say one thing. The research has been very entertaining.

ETA: One question I want to explore is whether Hollywood is influencing discussions and paranoia on the Internet, or if those discussions on the Internet is providing ideas to Hollywood script writers.
edit on 10/25/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

I just don't understand people's denials what is wrong with them fear my guess, niburu does exist and if you try and Google it in Google sky you will see it's covered over with a black oblong card the same goes for Antarctica they've done the same on that too niburu is the planet destroyer aka because of it's gravitational pull and this is why our weather is so messed up around the world and of course other reasons too so keep up the good work and tell us more we need people like you bobby

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Just wondering why those blue eyes are not brown.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

He is being turned down because the subject matter is nonsense. No reputable scientist is going to even entertain any questions regarding this issue.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

I suspect that your friend was having a joke on you. We do NOT NEED NASA TO TELL US THERE IS NOTHING THERE.
We have lots of astronomers who look at the sky all the time. We were never in danger from Elenin. The world does not need another Marshall Applewhite.
And Nibiru ? If the descriptions are correct we would already see this with the naked eye and it would be all the entire planet would be talking about. There would be no secret because you cant hide an elephant in your refrigerator. ( let the peanut butter jokes commence)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Yes all of the answers are right there for us. They are cleverly hidden within pop culture. Right in front of your eyes and ears and all we have to do is figure out what the message is.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by missiongal

Tell me this. If its there and covered by a big black box what do you think they have up there is space covering it? A giant black tarp? If its incoming dont you think it would have moved from where the big black box is? Or does NASA keep moving the box? If its what, four times the size of Jupiter ,and was bearing down on us dont you think you would see it already? Even if it was a year out you would still see it now in the sky. Forget google sky or google earth. Those are images. Your eyes should be your judge and jury. Look at the real sky.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

Hello Bobby, thank you for your reply i am not allowed to pm members yet, but my answer to your question is no I'm 'not a Mormon i chose my user name simply because i too have a voice and want to be heard on my findings i feel it's important that we should tell others what is going on in the world because the people at the top won't tell us, i'm not allowed to start new threads yet either and yesterday i read a brilliant post on www.davidicke.com website regarding a conversation with a pilot who talks about using chemicals chem trails saying they are not dangerous people please go and watch the video it's brilliant you won't believe what comes out of that pilots mouth it's just simply unreal

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
In one of the NASA videos (or it may have been written on David Morrison's "Ask an Astrobiologist" web page, I don't remember) the spokesman acknowledges what I said about people wondering about killing themselves and their children. I would think that any feeling human being would do what they could to dispel any unfounded fears in order to SAVE LIVES.

It's funny, because whenever I state that as the reason I "bother to debunk" when asked by the people spreading these sorts of claims, they just scoff and insist that I must be a "paid disinfo agent" or some such nonsense. I'm sure the astronomer you talked to has encountered the same kind of resistance. That's the kind of thing that makes we want to do exactly what he did, and I can totally see why he treats the subject that way and I cannot fault him for it. In fact, I had a good chuckle when I read your post about it. Most astronomers are going to treat the subject that way if they've encountered it before because the nibiru believers have already been accusing them of being "paid liars" and other offensive garbage.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

They may have heard the subject before, but many ordinary people have not. Youtube is the new media now, and people are making the same mistake that they did with television when it first came out: "If it's on the Internet, then it has to be true."

The reports I've done in the past that I have published to Youtube, mostly related to the Middle East, have garnered hits maybe in the high hundreds to several thousand range, but they have been on there for years. I made $1.84 this month on my videos through Adsense.

A lot of these fearmongers that you find on Youtube will post sensational headlines on their videos - ZOMG!!! We're All Gonna DIE!!!! - and get 80 thousand hits in the first day! So the question has to be asked: Are they in it for the money?

Al I wanted to do was bring some facts to the table; facts that people can check for themselves. And if even one person decided not to kill their child after watching my report, then I would have done my job. I just couldn't be silent when I saw how crazy people were getting. And then people at NASA and JPL weren't helping matters by putting roadblocks in my way everywhere I turned.

I gotta go. I can explain further when I get back if you like.
edit on 10/31/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
First, I want to say I'm glad you got military experience. For when they come for you asking questions, you'll have the training and experience to defend yourself. On another note, I'm glad there's someone out there with a verifyible past in journalism tryin to shun light on whatever it is. Be it something or nothing and I bet you didn't think you be met with this kind of resistence did you; I bet you thought they'd WANT to shed light on the FACTS, ya know like scientists are suppose to. Makes you wonder if they've been asked about Nibiru enough times that they're sick of it. Or does this basically put an end to the argument that amateur astronomers would say something was coming?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by agentofchaos
Or does this basically put an end to the argument that amateur astronomers would say something was coming?

I don't see how you got that out of the story at all. Yes, we would say something if something was coming.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

was meant to say wouldnt...

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Bobby, it takes a real man to admit he failed.
THANK YOU for the explanation.
I'm looking forward to your future episodes.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Failed?

Dude I'm sorry, but your explanation of why you are now apparently somehow 'technically' no longer able to bring the next installment to this story to fruition made me laugh quite heartily.

There are a lot of realities in play...

For starters, you need some 'smoking gun' type of friends.

And... There ain't no such thing as a 'good' anti-virus program. All of the commercial packages have been compromised.

Lastly, going to NASA as a journalist (or any Fed affiliated/funded agencies) for any query other than the vanilla astrophysics they peddle to the public... Well, you already know the results.

Failed? Nah, more like caved... Or?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join