It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OC's Elenin/Nibiru/2012 Mea Culpa

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I failed.

There is no other way to explain it. I did everything in my power to bring ATS a story on what is out in space that has everyone in a tizzy and I failed. Nobody at NASA, or JPL will talk to me; they won’t even return my phone calls or emails. Since I wasn’t calling on behalf of a Mainstream Media outlet, just lowly ATS, maybe they didn’t take me seriously; or maybe they really do have something to hide. I don’t know the answer to that.

So many things about this entire Elenin/Nibiru episode were very strange. I hadn’t had a virus for at least seven years, because I have really good AV software and I don’t go poking around in the type of sites where most originate. But I get two in one week? Just before I’m about to render the video for the last time? That’s pretty odd timing to say the least.

Not only that, but besides not allowing my browser to go to any site but one selling some antivirus software, the only program it affected was my Avid video editor. I STILL can’t access any of my editing files (the ones that tell Pinnacle how you have put the video together, like a template of sorts.)

I still have all of the original video that I shot at the observatory, but that’s all useless now. The astronomer I had interviewed the first time was initially very helpful, and promised me telescope time if I came on a night when the scope was open to the public. He was going to let me point it anywhere I wished. They even had a camera mounted on the telescope I could have recorded video from.

But the second I mentioned Comet Elenin and Nibiru, he clammed up. You want to know what he did exactly, that I can prove with video? He went into his office and 30 seconds later came out with a manila envelope with the name Nibiru written on it. Inside the envelope was a printout of the Wikipedia entry on the subject. Really?
THAT is the extent of his input?

Is it the subject matter or is it me? I realize I’m not a good looking network talking head, but I AM a serious, published, journalist; and I have been since 1987. Before I came to ATS, I had never even thought about reporting on a conspiracy theory. I’ve written about Boy Scout spaghetti dinners, covered city council meetings, and murders; normal reporter stuff, we all do it. One story I did as the editor of a weekly Scripps Howard paper in Florida, which resulted in an innocent boy being freed from prison and the Asst. District attorney that withheld evidence losing his job, earned me the nomination for the AP’s “Best Investigative Reporting” award. (I didn’t win
)

As the entertainment editor for a Tribune daily paper, I interviewed music stars from Arlo Guthrie to ZZ Top. I’ve interviewed Senators, Representatives, and Governors over the last 25 years, mostly for my coverage of the Gulf War for CBS Radio as the evening news anchor at KVOR in Colorado Springs. So why won’t these scientists talk to me? It’s not like I’m just some schmuck in off the street; I’ve worked as a serious journalist my entire adult life, and there is absolutely no reason why they shouldn’t return a phone call. Elenin was obviously, in retrospect, not a threat (Disinfo?) but maybe there is something out there and they don’t want anyone poking around.

In recent years, two NASA scientists have put out videos telling us that there is “no danger” from anything Nibiru or 2012 related. I sent these to Dr. David Matsumoto, one of two experts in the country on microexpressions (as on the Fox show “Lie to Me.”) His secretary told me he’d be happy to watch the videos, and I was elated. Finally, I could tell with some degree of accuracy if these guys were lying even if they wouldn’t speak with me. If they were telling the truth (according to Matsumoto) then I could just chalk up everything that has happened to coincidence and serious scientists not wanting to put their reputations on the line by getting involved in “pseudoscience.”

The next day I was told “Dr. Matsumoto has no comment to make about those videos Bobby.” Of course he has no comment; as I’ve discovered, most of his contracts come from the U.S. government. He makes a living teaching Federal law enforcement officers and the military how to spot a liar during conversations and interrogations. So take from that what you will.

Via Skype video chat, I’ve interviewed a few of the personalities on Youtube that have gained a following for their theories on Elenin, Nibiru, and 2012. Nancy Lieder and Donny Gilson (ursuadams) are both very nice people, but baby… their theories are OUT THERE. As a serious journalist, there is absolutely no way that I’m going to put out a report with nothing to balance it. I need some science, from reputable people – facts that I can double check and independently verify – before I can put my name on something and tell you as Walter Cronkite once did “That’s the way it is.” (Walter and Edward R Murrow are my role models.)

One of the main reasons I started working on this story was because I saw comments on some of Nancy Lieders videos from people who were crapping themselves after listening to her, wondering if they should kill their children before the arrival of Nibiru to spare them from an E.L.E. Back in 2003, Lieder was telling people they should kill their pets and claimed she had already killed hers. The thought of people being so frightened that they were even asking this question so disturbed me that I wanted to bring some facts, and some sanity, to the discussion.

And so that is where we stand. I’ve run into a brick wall of silence from the scientific community on the subject of Elenin, Nibiru, and 2012. I’m sorry, but I’m not a History Channel writer. I’m not going to get on camera and say, “Some believe that the end of days is fast approaching” or “Speculation is that…” because that is just not my style. If I publish something under MY name, you can bet your ass that I have verifiable facts to back it up.

I haven’t given up yet though. You guys know me by now; I’m a Jarhead through and through. After “Semper Fi,” our motto is “Improvise, Adapt, and Overcome.” If there is any way that I can find out what it is that they don’t want to talk about (and I’m convinced that there is something that is coming; I mean come on, we ALL feel it) I promise that I will bring it to you. There will be no speculation, there will be no pseudoscience, and I will not rely on Youtube for all of my information. When I publish something, you can take the facts in my report to the bank.

A few of you will be pissed at me. I’m sorry, but there’s nothing I can do about that. I apologize for letting you down, but I just can’t go to press with what I have. I tried as hard as I could to give you something – anything – but I’ve failed. So far.

The Truth Is Viral is still going to be shown on Abovetopsecret. In fact, beginning this week it will be a weekly feature on the site. The first two episodes, on Herman Cain and the assassination of Anwar al-Awlaki will be released shortly. Next week, the subject will be the overthrow of Moamar Gadaffi and the Drumbeats of War being directed at Iran. Now THIS is my cup of tea, and there has been no shortage of official spokesmen that have been willing to speak with me.

I’ve really enjoyed producing this show for ATS, and I hope that you will enjoy watching it as well.

Cheers ATS,
Bobby

edit on 10/24/2011 by OldCorp because: Thought this vid added a bit to the post.

edit on 10/24/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Keep up the good work. If it was easy, it wouldn't be worth it. Besides, I would think all the smoke and mirrors you're getting is proof that there is something to be found.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Never give up the good fight sir. All of it has meaning. I personally enjoy what you say and post.
edit on 24-10-2011 by Absco because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
wikipedia says comet elenin has disintegrated and is no longer visible, even on large telescopes.

is it your theory that it's a lie, that's why you were denied access to search for it.

but then it would be a world wide coverup, involving every country on earth and every astronomer with a telescope, amateur or otherwise.

if a comet where about to hit earth, it would be impossible to hide from the public. there are good people out in the world who wouldn't be part of something like that, especially if they were going to die.

and you can be sure ahmadenijad would love to go on cnn with proof that the u.s. is covering up a comet about to impact earth.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Thank you for all the work, even without balance to complete the project.
I know all too well how it is to work on a project that for all the effort and trying, it frustratingly never works out.

Still, thank you!

Have you considered interviewing some of the astronauts, and more reputable people involved with the Disclosure project in an attempt to get a less skewed viewpoint than interviews already seen, with perhaps more information?
Some of those stories are a little far out.
Questions to tie ins with other rumors like moon missions beyond Apollo 17 would be quite interesting heard from more credible sources.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
SnF

Keep up the good work, Getting the facts and the truth ain't going to be easy my friend.
Then again, nothing good ever comes easy.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by nineix
reply to post by OldCorp

Thank you for all the work, even without balance to complete the project.
I know all too well how it is to work on a project that for all the effort and trying, it frustratingly never works out.

Still, thank you!

Have you considered interviewing some of the astronauts, and more reputable people involved with the Disclosure project in an attempt to get a less skewed viewpoint than interviews already seen, with perhaps more information?
Some of those stories are a little far out.
Questions to tie ins with other rumors like moon missions beyond Apollo 17 would be quite interesting heard from more credible sources.

That's a thought. Thanks for the idea for a new show!

As I said, when it comes to conspiracy theories, UFO's, and the like, I'm a bit outside of my comfort zone. With the exception of the gig editing the entertainment section, I've always covered hard news. But an interview with astronauts? HELL YEAH! Those are people I would consider to be VERY credible sources, and NASA would have but two possible responses: that they were crazy or that they were liars.

:evilgrin:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
In whatever way you can - keep going.

The evidence by omission is astounding and only adds to disinformation - only it would appear that saying nothing is an option now. By not commenting it could imply that the cabal/illuminati/whatever do not know how to adequately keep controlling the minds of the public.

Could people like yourself be wearing the disinformation crusade down - to the point they will say nothing rather than make a fatal mistake? Sooooooo many people all over the globe are awake and aware it would be foolish for the cabal/illuminati/whatever to ignore that fact. In my personal experience people - who when questioned - cannot or will not answer a question/request - is because they are afraid. The fear stems from not knowing how to handle the situation so that they don't undo the lies propagated previously.

Maintain your investigation skills and keep moving forward it is obvious that the cabal/illuminati/whatever are treading water because they are unsure of which way to swim towards safety.

Much Peace...

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
wikipedia says comet elenin has disintegrated and is no longer visible, even on large telescopes.

is it your theory that it's a lie, that's why you were denied access to search for it.

but then it would be a world wide coverup, involving every country on earth and every astronomer with a telescope, amateur or otherwise.

if a comet where about to hit earth, it would be impossible to hide from the public. there are good people out in the world who wouldn't be part of something like that, especially if they were going to die.

and you can be sure ahmadenijad would love to go on cnn with proof that the u.s. is covering up a comet about to impact earth.

My theory is that they don't want some nosey reporter checking into anything. Astronomers are busy doing their own thing, and very few actually work on NEOs. Most astronomers spend their entire lives watching the skies, yet many never find anything they can put their name on. The number of new discoveries made, considering the thousands of astronomers spending thousand of hours gazing into the heavens is very small. You have to remember that space is huge!

I don't know what is out there, but I'm sure that something this way comes.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by cassandranova

reply to post by Absco

reply to post by Dembow

reply to post by Amanda5

Thank you all. Your encouragement is a great motivator.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Keep up the good work! You've on the right track me thinks.

We have this one saying here: silence is a good case. Maybe you can adopt it to your matter?

I feel the tension around me for years now, my guts are always prepared for something that I do not understand.
And well.. I was a bit skeptical about ELE-stuff and 11:11 events until recent days. I didn't see any 11:11 or second sun or second moon or whatever sort of this things.

But recently I got missed a call which was on 11:11 time. I called back and there was and old lady, which said that she didn't call anywhere. Coincidence? Might be.

But as far as I can tell you the whole life of mine had a really interesting things: there were no coincidences - I can explain all the events which were happened to me. most of them are happened in such way that they helped to shape myself into person which I AM.

So therefore I feel that: it is obvious from watching NASA stuff videos about - oh no worries you gonna die (NOT) that those still / hypnotic's faces are hiding some truth. They look not so natural or with big tension. Some frames looks like edited or computer generated output or even hologram.

You can't believe what you see in TV, you have to meet in person to see how it reacts.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by amfis
You can't believe what you see in TV, you have to meet in person to see how it reacts.

That is very true. It's much harder to lie to someone when you're looking them in the face. Of course some people are skilled at it. They're called sociopaths.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Personally I don't believe there's anything resembling Nibiru out there; although I do believe there are plenty of potential dangers from space.

But getting at the truth is the most important thing. I'm always happy to change my mind (though it's sometimes a little embarrassing). I always believe that it's a searcher's duty and obligation to attempt to debunk BOTH sides of every conspiracy theory. It's the only way to deny ignorance....

P.S. Please message me if you need help with this virus or with salvaging files. I believe this is the same virus I've been fighting off-and-on at work (in my job in IT) and for private clients for the past year.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2
Personally I don't believe there's anything resembling Nibiru out there; although I do believe there are plenty of potential dangers from space.

But getting at the truth is the most important thing. I'm always happy to change my mind (though it's sometimes a little embarrassing). I always believe that it's a searcher's duty and obligation to attempt to debunk BOTH sides of every conspiracy theory. It's the only way to deny ignorance....

P.S. Please message me if you need help with this virus or with salvaging files. I believe this is the same virus I've been fighting off-and-on at work (in my job in IT) and for private clients for the past year.

I know what you mean about embarrassing. This is the first time I've ever not brought home the bacon, and this thread was difficult to author.

As far as the virus goes, a reboot to factory specs did wonders.

But it irreparably damaged the .stx files that Pinnacle relies on, so that dog is dead. New ones work fine, but the old ones are toast. But thank you for the offer anyway.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
It won't be long now. TTIV will be up very soon. I have to admit I'm very excited.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Been thinking alot about nibiru lately,But on the paranormal side,could it be a manifestation,just show itself right before the big show

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Star and a flag for manning up. The fundamental problem with your investigation was that you kept getting things backwards. Since Dr. Matsumoto clearly has a conflict of interest screening government employees, what you should have done is sent him videos of people like Richard Hoagland, the ones making the ridiculous claims. If Dr. Matsumoto could show that they are the ones who were lying, everything falls neatly into place.

As for astronomers being unwilling to discuss Nibiru, imagine the reaction you would get if you started pestering a marine biologist with questions about mermaids.
edit on 24-10-2011 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Ty for your hard work and determination devil doggy.
Your time is most appreciated

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Is it the subject matter or is it me?

And there is your answer, but I suspect you already know that. The subject matter is a killer every time especially when it's nonsense. What exactly is wrong with the wiki answer anyway? Just because you don't like the answers you are getting means they are wrong. Of course you are going to be snubbed wasting the time of serious professional with utter rubbish.
Maybe instead of following the flights of fantasy of a whack job conspiracy site you should take a cold hard look at yourself and see where it all went wrong. Who knows maybe you can be a respected journalist again because it aint going to happen associating with ATS.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Thanks for being so candid with us. Your efforts are appreciated and I know if anyone can get to the truth of the matter it will be you!
I've enjoyed the videos you made on ATS. Please keep up your search for the truth about Nibiru, I also find it strange that you hit a brick wall at every turn. If it wasn't true, you would have found that!
xoxo S&F

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join