It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i found this on the cdc website: Preparedness 101: Zombie Apocalypse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Preparedness 101: Zombie Apocalypse

i was checking to see if anyone else heard the emergency broadcasting alarm during the walking dead(wasn't part of the show) & the cdc website showed so i checked it out & what i found was kind of interesting.

There are all kinds of emergencies out there that we can prepare for. Take a zombie apocalypse for example. That’s right, I said z-o-m-b-i-e a-p-o-c-a-l-y-p-s-e. You may laugh now, but when it happens you’ll be happy you read this, and hey, maybe you’ll even learn a thing or two about how to prepare for a real emergency. Better Safe than Sorry So what do you need to do before zombies…or hurricanes or pandemics for example, actually happen? First of all, you should have an emergency kit in your house. This includes things like water, food, and other supplies to get you through the first couple of days before you can locate a zombie-free refugee camp (or in the event of a natural disaster, it will buy you some time until you are able to make your way to an evacuation shelter or utility lines are restored). Below are a few items you should include in your kit, for a full list visit the CDC Emergency page. Water (1 gallon per person per day)

Food (stock up on non-perishable items that you eat regularly) Medications (this includes prescription and non-prescription meds) Tools and Supplies (utility knife, duct tape, battery powered radio, etc.) Sanitation and Hygiene (household bleach, soap, towels, etc.) Clothing and Bedding (a change of clothes for each family member and blankets) Important documents (copies of your driver’s license, passport, and birth certificate to name a few) First Aid supplies (although you’re a goner if a zombie bites you, you can use these supplies to treat basic cuts and lacerations that you might get during a tornado or hurricane) Once you’ve made your emergency kit, you should sit down with your family and come up with an emergency plan. This includes where you would go and who you would call if zombies started appearing outside your door step. You can also implement this plan if there is a flood, earthquake, or other emergency.
blogs.cdc.gov... 11/05/preparedness-101-zombie-apocalypse/would love to hear your thoughts on this.

edit on 23-10-2011 by joe82 because: link isn't working

if the 1st link isn't working try this one and select cdc.gov.www.google.com... 13661l0l15801l10l10l0l1l1l0l331l1291l2.4.1.1l8l0
edit on 23-10-2011 by joe82 because: giving a link

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Yup.
CDC started the Zombie preparedness thing two years ago as a gag and marketing ploy to grab attention since most all the preparedness measures apply to any regular epidemic scenarios.

Fun stuff.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by joe82

search function: cdc zombie apocalypse

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
"Error 404 - Page Not Found"

Oh my god!

It's already begun...

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
It is no longer listed. Word must have got out and people were hitting their site.

Peace to you.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

thanks.

i think i may have fixed it.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I just viewed a video on youtube.com that talked about a disease that makes your skin feel like it is crawling with bugs. FBI labs can't match the disease with anything else that's out there. This was released back in early May. Here's the video:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by PunchingBag80
I just viewed a video on youtube.com that talked about a disease that makes your skin feel like it is crawling with bugs. FBI labs can't match the disease with anything else that's out there.

My neighbor calls that Meth.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by joe82

Preparedness 101: Zombie Apocalypse

There are all kinds of emergencies out there that we can prepare for. Take a zombie apocalypse for example. That’s right, I said z-o-m-b-i-e a-p-o-c-a-l-y-p-s-e. You may laugh now, but when it happens you’ll be happy you read this, and hey, maybe you’ll even learn a thing or two about how to prepare for a real emergency. Better Safe than Sorry So what do you need to do before zombies…or hurricanes or pandemics for example, actually happen?

First of all, you should have an emergency kit in your house. This includes things like water, food, and other supplies to get you through the first couple of days before you can locate a zombie-free refugee camp]

Sorry, that's the Wrong Emergency Kit. The real zombie apocalypse emergency kit should contain:

one pair of Nike running shoes,

one Magnum 44 pistol with laser sight and case of bullets,

one iron mace (for bashing),

10 "fake brain" close fails proximity mines

and one battery operated DVD player with a copy of Night of the Living Jews, because if all else fails a good flick might just take their mind off of eating your brains. nightofthelivingjews.com...

edit on 24-10-2011 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by PunchingBag80

thanks for the video. i hope everyone sees it, its a very important piece of footage.

top topics

join