It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The principled consistency of Ron Paul by James Picht, Washington Times

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

NATCHITOCHES, La., October 23, 2011—Ron Paul is a consistent man. He's been preaching the same economic gospel for two generations, a gospel based on the teachings of economists Friedrich Hayek and Ludwig von Mises, leavened by the objectivism of Ayn Rand. He's been convinced for decades of the dangers of fiat money (money backed only by confidence in the government that creates it), the supreme importance of the individual, the primacy of personal liberty as a political principle, and a laissez faire approach to the economy.

Paul believes and says the same things now that he said 40 years ago, but that's a minor type of consistency. People learn and change over the decades, and that's usually praiseworthy, not a sign of moral weakness. If Paul came to political and economic principles 40 years ago that are as true and bright to him today as they were then, that's fine, but that's not what's admirable or important about his consistency.

Article Source Link

Over all James Picht crafted a flattering piece of analysis of Paul that is of course right up to the bitter ending.

Spoiler Alert!

Ron Paul won't win the GOP nomination, nor will he ever be president, but he deserves a loud voice in our public life. Our national politics is better for his participation.

You knew that was coming if you have been reading any main stream articles on Ron Paul at any point in history. Still even though he spoiled it at the end as could be predicted he still crafted some material that others might want to examine when describing Paul the elder in their blog posts or what have you.

He does explain why Ron Paul is so remarkable and that is good press for Paul's ideas.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
How can people know someone isn't going to win or cannot win?

Do they know who will win than?

If they don't know who will win, than how can they possibly know who cannot win?

It's a logical inconsistency.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Star for you. Hey you know what really grinds my gears, Presstitutes that present their own opinions as facts at the obvious bidding of their corporatist overlords. It is just rude to write what comes on like a great piece on someone who is a great political figure then shoots them down at the end with their Corporatist Prestitute conclusions that are really just sniping hurtful comments.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
His consistency is probably his downfall - he doesn't pander to the special interests. He doesn't flip flop to be popular - so he's not.

The problem is not Ron Paul's inability to convey his message - it's the problem of the "dumbed down" american people to be able to understand his message.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maluhia
His consistency is probably his downfall - he doesn't pander to the special interests. He doesn't flip flop to be popular

...like Herman Cain. Believe me when I tell you that by tomorrow evening, Herman Cain is going to be a LOT less popular.

*I know something you don't know.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
OC really....you can't do that, man.

2nd

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by netwarrior
OC really....you can't do that, man.

2nd

Brother, believe me, I'm chomping at the bit to say it... but I can't; not for a few more hours. Patience my friend.

In the meantime, enjoy this.

edit on 10/24/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Oh alright I suppose I can wait a little while longer. This day has already been great (I may actually survive trigonometry after all!) so I can afford to be a little antsy.

If it does come out and I miss it, make a thread. I'm in $chool all day today so I won't have access to ATS at all times.

P.S. You oughta get a flash hider for that SKS. Just don't forget to make it 922(r) compliant if you change it. You can bust loose the silver solder holding that barrel nut on with a MAPP torch.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by netwarrior

Thanks for the thread dump but what the heck are you guys talking about and how does it address the OP? Just wondering since this chatter is cold now and did not seem to go anywhere.

new topics

top topics

join