It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glass Dome Over Crater on Moon

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

agreed!!! I see as it as plain as day ...and was just about to post to the others : what are you blind??

also perhaps some people don't know that glass domes were discovered on the moon by hoagland & others long ago. UFOTV on youtube just upload a couple new films about it.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Very good pics. There is something cool and shiny in that crater. Thanks for sharing

edit on 24-10-2011 by greenCo because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-10-2011 by greenCo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Hi there,

Dont know if any of you have read Dark Mission (the enhanced version), but you should. Very powerfull stuff in there including clear pictures of actual glass domes.

I hate saying "ya check this book out" because it doesnt really leave a good taste in the mouth but trust me, its VERY worth it. I tried to find the pictures but to no avail.

And the face on mars? It doesnt exist........plus the entire Cydonia site......move along

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
It should be pretty easy for most people to comprehend this: IMPACT craters are formed from meteorite strikes. It would be almost unheard of for an object striking the moon to impact it straight on, and the vast majority would come in at an angle and cause elongated craters with ejecta thrown over the area, thus showing clearly how it hit.

Also, impact craters CANNOT end up with bulbous round elevated forms at the bottom, unless there was a shell of super hard material showing that was not affected by the strike.The excuses one reads are laughable when they attempt to explain away what is seen.Lack of visible ejecta, land forms in the bottoms of craters and the massive " anomalous" artifacts can only add up to so many possibilities.

Imagine that the moon is a construct, with a super hard shell covered by a thick layer of geological matter,such as those elements needed for mining and maintenance over the eons. When an impact occurs, the deepest craters expose the very top level of the shell, which is of course rounded, thus explaining what is seen at crater bottoms. How else to explain the many raised rounded areas in deep craters? Debris blasting outward from a strike could not form a round hard lump at the bottom, and lack of ejecta around craters is a dead giveaway.

Remember that the moon has vast internal hollow areas, already proven, and that fact alone elimiates the possibility of the moon being a hard core entity. How many " inexplicable anomalies" does one need to encounter before beginning to accept reailty? How many photo's of obvious tampering does one need to see before one accepts the coverup? Some people are just bound and determined to ignore the mounatin of facts and keep on wishing that there is nothing on the moon and it is just a dead ball of rock?

It is like 9-11 and any other event wherein people are asked to simply look at the evidence and not have preconceived notions; some people would just be unable to handle a new paradigm and it frightens them to death to think of aliens so close with a base of operations, so they deny the obvious with no shame.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mthgs602

Sorry, but people can save their time and money...by just stopping to first realize that "Dark Mission" was written by *hoaxist extraordinaire* Richard Hoagland.

His nonsense is laughed at by learned people, and of course scientists and astronomers.

Bad Astronomy -- "Richard Hoagland's Nonsense"

"I have considered Hoagland to be a fringe pseudoscientist, not really worth debunking. Sometimes, claims are so silly that they aren't worth bothering. But things have changed recently. Hoagland has been given lots of airtime on the late-night "Coast to Coast AM" radio show, which has millions of listeners. His most recent antics involve the new Mars missions. He is claiming that, among other things, NASA is covering up evidence of alien life on Mars. He says the evidence is in the images returned from Mars by the probes, and the "real" data are being hidden from view."

^ ^ ^ Just a tidbit revealing his antics and self-promotion as relates to Mars, and his yarns.

He enjoys marketing himself amongst the fringe, and is truly a joke in the minds of educated people.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

Wheres the glass dome? All i see is a crater. If it was smudged or pixilated i might suspect something but it looks like you have discovered....a crater!

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by mthgs602
Dont know if any of you have read Dark Mission (the enhanced version), but you should. Very powerfull stuff in there including clear pictures of actual glass domes.
I hate saying "ya check this book out" because it doesnt really leave a good taste in the mouth but trust me, its VERY worth it. I tried to find the pictures but to no avail.

Dark Mission was written by Richard C. Hoagland..all the pictures you want are at his website
www.enterprisemission.com...

And the face on mars? It doesnt exist........plus the entire Cydonia site......move along

Odd that you are pushing his book than say the face and Cydonia site don't exist... you can't have it both ways

edit on 24-10-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird
His nonsense is laughed at by learned people, and of course scientists and astronomers.

Bad Astronomy -- "Richard Hoagland's Nonsense"

I bought his book it's a great read... I also pay to buy sci-fi books and movies...

but what I think is laughable is that YOU promote Bad Astronomy run by a guy who couldn't make it as an astronomer so makes his living selling books and speaking tours using the same techniques that Hoagland does.

What a joke, seriously. Phil wouldn't have an income if there was no one to debunk

Phil Plait - Don't Be A Dick
"How we practice the Art of Skepticism

So the whole thing is a game.. both sides are in it for the money

And the truth is somewhere in the middle

PS Phil also debunks God

As he says in his effort to peddle his wares

"No Magic
No Afterlife
No God
No security
no happy ever after"

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
Still wanna know about rotating a flat pic as if it's a 3 d object.
edit on 24-10-2011 by JohnPhoenix because: (no reason given)

It was pretty basic. I didn't even need Photoshop for this one, just the basic Windows 7 features of Windows Photo Viewer and Snipping Tool.

I used nothing else.
Well, except my own powers of perception. You see, before I did all the above, I noticed something about the second pic provided in the OP, so I tipped my head to the left while I looked at the pic.

What I had noticed was that it appeared the shadows in the craters on the far ends of the pic were oblong and offset as opposed to the shadows of the craters in the middle which were perfect circles and centered. The rims of the craters were also eliptic and circular respectively. This suggests foreshortening at the edges of a sphere and therefore 3 dimensions. Naturally if you look at a sphere the center will appear 2d while the edges 3d.

Tipping my head began to hurt my neck, so I did as follows:

I saved that second pic down provided in the OP to my desktop, then opened it in Windows Photo Viewer. Using the "rotate picture 90 degrees clockwise" button I did just that. Then, using the "zoom" feature, I zoomed in on the crater in question to my satisfaction . Lastly, I used the Snipping Tool to snip a small screen capture of the crater as seen on my screen, and now yours.

That's it.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Well that about settles it for me.
Where did you get these pics, they weren't offered in the op.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

Yeah....and left of it is huge face-monuments of Moon-alien,although it looks like Leonardo Da Vinci

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow

Originally posted by thepupils
Cool find! Very odd shape in the crater. I find it hard that N.A.S.A would release pics. these days without mandatory airbrushing of anomalies. The left side of the crater is what caught my eye. The levels that stack up like a step pyramid, look like there is mining being done. Looks as if dirt or ore is being dumped down the levels and it's going down the path toward the crater that has something odd in the center. Reminds me of that book by George H. Lenord "Somebody Else Is On The Moon" where he talks about mining going on. Very odd.

I like this observation and the book is a must read - pity you have to track down only old copies off amazon...like the one I bought a few years ago - a few of the picture plates were missing too which was a bummer - but you can find most of his work online here:
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Good looking out.
I enjoy that site, been going there for years. I just read Moongate, good read but
I found alot of contradictions in it, especially the first part about the 1/6 gravity on the moon. Recently they discovered silica volcano's on the moon. Is silica worth mining or any importance in weapons/material construction?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

PS Phil also debunks God

That's another reason to elevate his status, in my book.

Along with James Randi.

...and many others.

But, you nailed it by calling Hoagland's books and claims "science" fiction. I'd consider them more heavy on fantasy instead, and very light on any actual science.

(But, if Phil Plait isn't *good enough* just enter "richard hoagland fraud" into an Internet search engine).

edit on Mon 24 October 2011 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Glass can also be made from nuclear detonation. www.minresco.com... Fulgrites and atomic glass are different. I think this is a pretty cool pic!

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

Underground telescopes? But that'd only seem likely if someone or something wanted to observe us. Since the eerie moon itself likes to defy physics with it's lack of a rotation this could be possible. I unno. If I was the states. I'd situate something up there to watch my brethern. And with japan trying to combat it with their telescopes to see what the states did up there, it seems even more plausable! THEY HAVE SCOPES ON THE MOOON! No no no... There goes my brainwashed mind again trying to fill in the blanks
sorry, the education system I wen't through caused these dilusions.. I often think I know everything, at times I even insist on sharing my blind beliefs with others. The doctor tells me it's normal, and that it happens with a lot of people. did you know it can start as early as your childhood?? and usually doesn't go away unless you experience some near death event or hit a crisis. And I don't want either of those!
So I'd much rather sit on my parents capital and have them guide me to their fortunes
. While I read a book that explains IN DETAIL what life is all about, ahhhh, the lust of not having to contribute to the people because my great grandpa mistakenly passed his company to my family. We can essentially change any aspect secretly to our benefit and still be a part of the picture he created!!!! OUUUU, I hit a jackpot this lifetime
. Now to disinfo, mislead, judge, spread hate, and so on without consequence!

But what is this?
The people are becoming restless, they don't want to work for me.. I simply don't understand? Perhaps a new statue of someone they like to keep them in line, OU, OR I KNOW! We'll just let them have racial wars and conflict instead! The government sure taught me well!

And that they did. Because if you can't beat em, join em, or have them join you.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by richierich
Remember that the moon has vast internal hollow areas, already proven, and that fact alone elimiates the possibility of the moon being a hard core entity.

Can you give some references to this claim?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Absco

Oh there's a face as well

If GLASS DOMES ON THE MOON wasn't sensational enough for ya'

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow
scottcwaring.blogspot.com...

edit on 24-10-2011 by freelance_zenarchist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
No matter what, it is not a dome, well it could be, but would have to be a concave and the light would be centred...well it wouldn't be centred at all. In other words if you want the pic in its context to be a dome okay, but it it wouldn't be over you it would be underneath you, and serve no better purpose than to pee in.
edit on 24-10-2011 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by knightsofcydonia

Sorry if this has been mentioned before. The moon has no atmosphere, and therefore no real atmospheric protection against asteroids. How can a substance constructed there be "stronger" than anything constructed on earth, and how does anyone suppose it's actually going to be anything, anyway, any-times "stronger" when there is the added danger of asteroid impacts to calculate into it's construction???

Go underground, sure. Burrow into the sub-lunar surface, but don't try to tell me it's "safer" or "stronger" than on earth when exposed.

Are you sure you're not buying into some pseudo-scientific hype? Two and two is just not adding up to ten here.
edit on 24-10-2011 by Northwarden because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Northwarden

science.nasa.gov...

It would probably be purer, from whatever it's constructed from, and likely stronger too.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join