It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glass Dome Over Crater on Moon

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Lol, it's the "ATS Way."

Post a grainy, low-resolution picture from another planet/moon, and call it something man made! I missed these threads, it's good to see one pop up every now and then for entertainment value alone.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

For the original posting (from March 10, 2011)..
..and some more nice conspiracy.. Read here.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Yeah, sorry, it just looks like an impact crater to me too.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I think the best evidence against any of the moon anomolies being built structures is the context. Where are the landing platforms, solar arrays, vehicles, roadways, mining operations, antennas, radar dishes, construction sites, waste sites, etc. etc. etc.? Someone doesn't just plop something down in the middle of nothingness without other things going on around it. Heck, humanity has spent mere hours on the surface of the moon and left behind all kinds of debris, footprints and tracks in the landing areas that are still visible. Since there is no enviroment on the moon, things left there stay there indefinitely. The footprints from our moon missions are still there as recent photos have shown, and they look unchanged from the day the astronauts left over 4 decades ago. If anomolies like the one in the OP were built structures, there should be a LOT of adjacent evidence of activity and there isn't.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Absco

One night i was looking up at the moon..I caught my attention...The moon was egg shaped and it looked like a huge chunk was missing out of it...LOl....What can we do..God has to handle that one..I kind of felt bad for the moon at that point..I have never seen a egg shaped moon with a chunk out of the side of it...

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
For me this is to easy, Its just a crater, I bend glass, and make glass domes occassionally, and I just dont see it, plus how would one get the dome up there in the first place. Glass weighs a tremendous amount, when constructed, unless the dome was broken up into sections, this could not have been done by Humans, Im not saying its impossibly but we couldnt do it with the technology we have now, and to even consider getting that off the ground would be an accomplishment in itself. Just a crater, which left a weird impact mark

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Very interesting!

Now it is possible this is a natural albeit fantastically weird formation. I would love to see some higher resolution image from LRO.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Glassbender777
For me this is to easy, Its just a crater,

Indeed! It's simply a play on light and shadow. I'm sure most of the people pretending it's not are suspending disbelief because it's way cooler to think there's a domed habitat on the moon.

IRM

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
A dome in a crater is perfectly natural in my opinion. They are upheaval domes.
When a crater is formed, the area of impact acts like a liquid, with concentric rings (waves) that radiate from the center. The center itself rises and falls as the rings radiate outward. The process can be witnessed by a falling drop of water in a pool in slow motion.

Unlike water, in which the process smooths out over time and becomes a flat surface,
within an instant, the liquefaction of rock ceases , and the whole process solidifies like a snapshot in time. Whatever state the rings and central uplift were in becomes cast in stone, literally. Some times one ring, sometimes many, sometimes a huge central uplift, sometimes a deep depression in the middle..... The process is totally dependent on the size of the incoming object, it's speed and the composition of the solid surface. This is the nature of all crater formation.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
It's called an Optical Illusion. Also why in the hell would we or "they" build a dome that could possibly be viewed? If there is anything on the moon it's underground.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Posted here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Why not use the higher quality images which are available?
Here's the crater, recognizable by the three craters to the left.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/495e784585d9.png[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/90eabfe832ac.png[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

That about sizes that up! Great pics.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Here's the crater, recognizable by the three craters to the left.

On this bigger picture those two little craters inside look bit.... artificial

Not that Im arguing over it

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Its a crater. The high resolution pictures prove it.

If you still claim you can see the "glass" then your delusion.

I've never seen any glass with perfect holes in them before.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Definately not, but I guess some people just see what they want to see

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I don't see any glass domes, just normal impact craters, you can stop flagging.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

Hey guys and gals - did a search - but couldn't find any -

That same image, has been attempted before to make the *claim*.

As to ATS Search, well it was rather easy. Typed in "glass dome on moon". All sorts of threads pop up.

Glass dome on the Moon?? From 2006, by mikesingh

Those photos showing an impact crater...a concave depression on the Lunar surface, will sometimes give the illusion of being *domed* and convex. It is a trick of the light, the way our eyes perceive and often due to the contrast levels and angle of the sunlight present in any particular photo.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by GuyverUnit I
Let's change perspective here.
From a different angle ....

Zoomed in and rotated 90 degrees clockwise.

Definitely something different about that crater.
Looks like a drop of liquid actually.

edit on 24-10-2011 by GuyverUnit I because: (no reason given)

How do you rotate 90 degrees on a flat 2 dimensional photo? What tool did you use? I can see if this was in Google Earth and it was a sphere, but a flat pic? How'd you do it?

Folks.. ARE these the most recent pics of this area? They talk about Apollo a lot in this site, , are these pics from Apollo's time?

Wasn't there more recent pics way closer and higher resolution ( I forget the name, famous photo at high res mission done recently) ( need coffee and an e-cig)

Edit: Opps.. I should have read the rest of the thread before I posted LOL. Still wanna know about rotating a flat pic as if it's a 3 d object.
edit on 24-10-2011 by JohnPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I think you guys are missing the greater picture. What's important here is not the glass dome. We've known for a long time that NASA is colonizing other planets in the solar system.
What is important here, is the message contained deep within this picture. It's a warning about our greatest enemies, the deep dwellers of Hollow Earth.
The Reptilians.

Upon closer examination of the original image, a government psy-op is revealed! They are trying to warn us that the world will be caked in fire by the reptilian war that was foretold by the ancient Sumerians.

All is now revealed to you.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
@Phage..... Nice work!!! THAT is the sort of response I prefer to see when an interesting post is made which merits further inquiry. Pats on the back for you. And thanks to the OP for bringing it to the forum for scrutiny. Nice.

Now, that being said, this is obviously a glass dome of alien construct covered by aeons of dust.

Kidding.

The feature at the 11 AM position where the crater in question is greatly enlarged...is interesting. I cannot say it is artificial, of course, but given the event that created the crater, this sort of feature might be somewhat unexpected. Another interesting observation is that mostly all of the other craters in the region do not have bottoms like this one has.

What is a fun pastime, if one has the patience for it, is to download some of the huge new very hi-res lunar imagery NASA has made available over the past few years, then to examine it with whatever software you have that gives you maximum magnification before image breakdown. Before long you start to acquire the eyes of an investigator and things you would have overlooked before are now worthy of more examination. You will, guaranteed, find things that will raise you eyebrow.

Aeons.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join