It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glass Dome Over Crater on Moon

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Hey guys and gals - did a search - but couldn't find any - so here we go...

Nice find by Scott C Warring (site linked) where he has found what looks like a nice shiny clear (glass?) dome!

Not just once - but twice - pretty cool huh!?

www.lpi.usra.edu...

www.lpi.usra.edu...

scottcwaring.blogspot.com...

Carry on!

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Interesting find S&F! Wonder who is behind it..

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
glass on the moon is 10X's stronger than steel on earth. thats why the monuments there where constructed of it. All of the Apollo missions to the Moon captured stills using super ektachrome film.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
It's certainly odd, but i don't see why it's a glass dome. I wouldn't be surprised if it was just how the crater came about.

I think you guys looking for anomalies on the moon are trying a bit too hard to see things, sometimes.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

Looks like an impact crater to me.
But maybe thats what they want me to think.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Vinterskogen

It's like when people saw the "face" on mars.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Really? A glass dome? Hmm, I know the ol eyes aint what they used to be but I just dont see it
Why would they use a transparent dome as opposed to say a moon colored cover? Im sorry, Im not wasting anymore time on this subject.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Cool find! Very odd shape in the crater. I find it hard that N.A.S.A would release pics. these days without mandatory airbrushing of anomalies. The left side of the crater is what caught my eye. The levels that stack up like a step pyramid, look like there is mining being done. Looks as if dirt or ore is being dumped down the levels and it's going down the path toward the crater that has something odd in the center. Reminds me of that book by George H. Lenord "Somebody Else Is On The Moon" where he talks about mining going on. Very odd.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Also if there ever WAS something to see on the moon, you would not see it and tptb would assure that, trust me please.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

How could you see outside the crater dome if it was not transparent?

Glass or perspex would be a better solution for open views

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepupils
Cool find! Very odd shape in the crater. I find it hard that N.A.S.A would release pics. these days without mandatory airbrushing of anomalies. The left side of the crater is what caught my eye. The levels that stack up like a step pyramid, look like there is mining being done. Looks as if dirt or ore is being dumped down the levels and it's going down the path toward the crater that has something odd in the center. Reminds me of that book by George H. Lenord "Somebody Else Is On The Moon" where he talks about mining going on. Very odd.

I like this observation and the book is a must read - pity you have to track down only old copies off amazon...like the one I bought a few years ago - a few of the picture plates were missing too which was a bummer - but you can find most of his work online here:
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
As far as I know, impacts can create so much intense heat that the sand around the immediate area can actually turn to glass (impactites). Might this be a reflection of that glass?
geology.com...

Since impactites consist primarily of deformed terrestrial material (sometimes containing small preserved remnants of the original meteorite) they are predominantly a product of the target rock present at the time of impact. Sand can melt into impact glasses such as Libyan Desert Glass and Darwin Glass; rocks may be shattered and compressed into breccias such as suevite that contain minerals formed at high pressure

edit on 23-10-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow
reply to post by AllUrChips

How could you see outside the crater dome if it was not transparent?

Glass or perspex would be a better solution for open views

What would you need to see outside of the dome?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Yeah,I'm not seeing it.I kinda figured while watching the video what he was going to point at...Talk about grasping at straws. Some interesting photos,but that's about it. Thanks for posting though op.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Absco
It's like when people saw the "face" on mars.
Maybe for you, but not for me.

I saw the "face" on Mars, or at least I did until they showed a higher resolution view under different lighting conditions.

But I'm not seeing any glass dome here, sorry.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join