It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free Speech ~ the Democrat Party Way

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 08:12 AM
link   
This is why I would never vote for Kerry. His party is a reflection of him, and this is how he wants to keep those who oppose him.

www.vulnwatch.org...
www.wired.com...
www.truthout.org...

Is it any wonder, that he wants to shut down the swifties, the Catholics, anyone who has the conads to question him. Kerry wants to appease France while stiffle Americans right to protest. I saw something like this before, when I was stationed in Germany. It was at Daucau. I guess Micheal Moore will never make a movie about this.

[edit on 31/8/04 by jrsdls]

[edit on 31/8/04 by jrsdls]

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrsdls
Is it any wonder, that he wants to shut down the swifties, the Catholics, anyone who has the conads to question him. Kerry wants to appease France while stiffle Americans right to protest. I saw something like this before, when I was stationed in Germany. It was at Daucau. I guess Micheal Moore will never make a movie about this.

- Daucau!? Oh. My. God.

Is there no limit to the degree of absurd and insulting exaggeration and depth-pumbing lows the conservatively minded in America today won't stoop to?

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Dachau?

You know jrsdls, you are aither an impersonator or lost your marbles. This is freaking sacriledge, to compare Dachau to DNC.

Please seek medical help.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Aelita, I stood with a group of russian and american Jews and wept as they pointed out where they lived at Daucau and what they had to go through. I do not think the DNC are nazi's. I just see the fenses, the concentina wire, the armed guards and the only reason for those were to keep Americans who wanted to protest at the DNC. Likewise, I saw the fenses, the concentina wire, the guard shacks, and the place where people were imprisoned because of thier thought. Daucau was for political prisioners as well as Jews. If you talked against Hitler, you went there to be re-educated. did you look at the pictures. or did you just read what I said. do ask me to seek medical help while you bash Bush and call him Hitler.

GD

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey

- Daucau!? Oh. My. God.

Is there no limit to the degree of absurd and insulting exaggeration and depth-pumbing lows the conservatively minded in America today won't stoop to?

You mean like condemming 527's when 80% of the money they spend goes to you. Oh wait. That was JOHN KERRY

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   

do ask me to seek medical help while you bash Bush and call him Hitler.

I actually bash people making that comparison because it trivializes Hitler.

Likewise, comparing Dachau to DNC is trivializing Dachau. Members of my family fought and died in WWII, and such comparisons are way overboard IMHO.

I see concertina wire on top of fences around parking lots in NYC all the time. It does look ugly. I still won't compare the lot owner to Hitler.

Oh God, DNC=Dachau... Will take me some time to chew on this one.

Seriously, you need to chill.

[edit on 31-8-2004 by Aelita]

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
You think the democrats came up with the free speech zones, George W. Bush is the man responsible for that one. Here is part of the story below to read the whole thing go to www.amconmag.com...

When Bush came to the Pittsburgh area on Labor Day 2002, 65-year-old retired steel worker Bill Neel was there to greet him with a sign proclaiming, “The Bush family must surely love the poor, they made so many of us.” The local police, at the Secret Service’s behest, set up a “designated free-speech zone” on a baseball field surrounded by a chain-link fence a third of a mile from the location of Bush’s speech. The police cleared the path of the motorcade of all critical signs, though folks with pro-Bush signs were permitted to line the president’s path. Neel refused to go to the designated area and was arrested for disorderly conduct; the police also confiscated his sign. Neel later commented, “As far as I’m concerned, the whole country is a free speech zone. If the Bush administration has its way, anyone who criticizes them will be out of sight and out of mind.”

At Neel’s trial, police detective John Ianachione testified that the Secret Service told local police to confine “people that were there making a statement pretty much against the president and his views” in a so-called free speech area. Paul Wolf, one of the top officials in the Allegheny County Police Department, told Salon that the Secret Service “come in and do a site survey, and say, ‘Here’s a place where the people can be, and we’d like to have any protesters put in a place that is able to be secured.’” Pennsylvania district judge Shirley Rowe Trkula threw out the disorderly conduct charge against Neel, declaring, “I believe this is America. Whatever happened to ‘I don’t agree with you, but I’ll defend to the death your right to say it’?”

Similar suppressions have occurred during Bush visits to Florida. A recent St. Petersburg Times editorial noted, “At a Bush rally at Legends Field in 2001, three demonstrators—two of whom were grandmothers—were arrested for holding up small handwritten protest signs outside the designated zone. And last year, seven protesters were arrested when Bush came to a rally at the USF Sun Dome. They had refused to be cordoned off into a protest zone hundreds of yards from the entrance to the Dome.” One of the arrested protesters was a 62-year-old man holding up a sign, “War is good business. Invest your sons.” The seven were charged with trespassing, “obstructing without violence and disorderly conduct.”

Police have repressed protesters during several Bush visits to the St. Louis area as well. When Bush visited on Jan. 22, 2003, 150 people carrying signs were shunted far away from the main action and effectively quarantined. Denise Lieberman of the ACLU of Eastern Missouri commented, “No one could see them from the street. In addition, the media were not allowed to talk to them. The police would not allow any media inside the protest area and wouldn’t allow any of the protesters out of the protest zone to talk to the media.” When Bush stopped by a Boeing plant to talk to workers, Christine Mains and her five-year-old daughter disobeyed orders to move to a small protest area far from the action. Police arrested Mains and took her and her crying daughter away in separate squad cars.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita
I actually bash people making that comparison because it trivializes Hitler.

Likewise, comparing Dachau to DNC is trivializing Dachau. Members of my family fought and died in WWII, and such comparisons are way overboard IMHO.

- Nice to see someone who actually gets this. More power to you Aelita.

new topics

top topics

join