It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul on Meet The Press, NBC Sunday AM

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Ron Paul on Meet The Press, NBC Sunday AM

I thought this was a very good interview
The only thing I would have added is when they keep focusing on the loss of govt. jobs in his economic limited govt. plan he should respond by discussing how the elimination of these jobs will in fact create more jobs.
Because of cutting there will be less taxes and therefore more buying power, also because of less regulation and govt. departments the free market will have faith in feeling comfortable in create new companies.

more companies + a strong buying power in the market = a much more stable self-powering economy.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
seemed like the guy was totally trying to change the subject when ron paul was trying to address the bigger issues that are not getting the focus like they should and how romney and other candidates are the same ol same ol as prior presidents not out to change anything for the people. Least not to work for the peoples interests.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Good interview. I'm a pre-med student, actually, working my way through college and soon enough will be going to med school, or at least trying to. While I worry about his ideas of cutting the FAFSA since there's no way I can afford to work through med school (200-500k for 4 years...). But, he is right, in his day people worked through school because it was cheaper. If we can get back to a place like that, I may actually accomplish my goal. But frankly, my personal goals of becoming a doctor don't outweigh the general population's needs. It remains to be seen whether or not cutting this would be a boon or a disaster, but I'm willing to give it a shot.

As far as humanitarian conflicts: We absolutely don't have the authority. But besides that, we don't even actually DO that. We use it as an excuse to enter a country, but look at North Korea and the African warlords! No, we don't care about humanitarian interests beyond an excuse to war with a country we can profit from.

And finally the stupidity of debates I wholeheartedly agree with. It's pandering to the least common denominator and just putting on a good show these days. It's hardly a debate with any significance. Simply awful.

I won't even get into the ridiculous No Child Left Behind and our horrible public education system. It speaks for itself.

Thanks for posting the interview.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
great interview his final statements about the occupiers almost reflects my words exactly. to quote myself;

"there are many at theses protests and many complaints some are the same as others some are unique. it is a movement not a specific ideal that people are marching on. the entire system is a mess, we all know it and want it dealt with post haste.

there are many i have joined that are marching with goals that i find distasteful. we all agree with one thing though, this has got to stop.

vote Ron Paul 2012!! "

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
i like how he mentioned that this all started in 1913...lol the federal reserve act almost got mentioned on a national broadcast!!

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer
i like how he mentioned that this all started in 1913...lol the federal reserve act almost got mentioned on a national broadcast!!

The titanic sank in 1912, interestingly it had a few bankers in there with high connections that were against centralized banking

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Better quality and slightly longer

top topics

join