It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Million Norwegian-American Votes - Norway PM Admit He's Obama's Photo Prop

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Norway's Prime Ministers informs reporters that he agreed to visit the White House for a photo opportunity that can be used for President Barack Obama's re-election campaign efforts that would help him win over the 5 million Norwegian-American vote, where they are particularly prevalent in swing Midwestern states.

I don't what to say about this other than, wow. And, why am I shocked?

It has been eight years since a Norwegian prime minister was invited to the White House, and a big group of Norwegian press had gathered to cover the event. But as Stoltenberg said to Norwegian reporters after the show was over: “I think Obama spends more time on his 2012 campaign than on thinking of Norway.”

It's shocking (and refreshing) to hear a politician be honest about what these visitations really mean and not just lay on the praise and mutual-inflation that we usually see.

And so sad to see my President puppet dancing to the same old tune.

Story here
edit on 23-10-2011 by kalunom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
really? a politician using dirty tricks to get votes.. who would have thought it...

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

To be quite honest, I don't know why you're so shocked either. There is nothing out of the ordinary going on here, as far as I can tell. It's not at all uncommon for politicians to strive to be seen in photo ops with important foreign dignitaries in order to further their political career and this is true for both sides of the political spectrum. Just try naming a past POTUS that didn't appear in photo ops with Israel's prime minister of the time.

Furthermore, I'd just bet that Norway's prime minister spends more time thinking about his own re-election than he does thinking about the U.S. too, so that goes both ways.

Sorry, but I don't see that much wrong with it. Of course, that's just my opinion too.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Me thinks Stoltenberg's photo op invitation may have the opposite effect of what Oblabla wanted.. I can always hope.

I'm glad to see our Potus' veneer is wearing thin, and that others can see through him too.

Our Founding Fathers would be saddened to see the White House has become nothing more than a stage for photo ops, and vote/money gathering.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
really? a politician using dirty tricks to get votes.. who would have thought it...

Everyone is thinking it, it is just not often a politician voices it bluntly AND participates in it at the same time.

Also, I am a Norwegian-American and this handshake does nothing to win me over. It's really a sad waste of time. I wish the President would better spend his time.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I'm fifty percent Norwegian. However,the chances of me not voting for Obama are one hundred percent.
edit on 23-10-2011 by JMech because: grammer

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Our Founding Fathers would be saddened to see the White House has become nothing more than a stage for photo ops, and vote/money gathering

Bush did that for 8 years, but I guess that's not important?

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Isn't that how he got elected in the first place lol.. Dirty tricks and lies to get votes. It's sad some Americans cant see or smell bs even when they are standing right in it lol.
edit on 23-10-2011 by TopElite because: misspelling .

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalunom

Everyone is thinking it, it is just not often a politician voices it bluntly AND participates in it at the same time.

Also, I am a Norwegian-American and this handshake does nothing to win me over. It's really a sad waste of time. I wish the President would better spend his time.

I look at it this was. He got a free trip to the White House, visits with friends, and gets to make fun of Oblabla, all on the White house dime.

Just the fact that his observations made it to the press, is well worth it in my book

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TopElite

Isn't that how he got elected in the first place lol.. Dirty tricks and lies to get votes. It's sad some Americans cant see or smell bs even when they are standing right in it lol.
edit on 23-10-2011 by TopElite because: misspelling .

Are you talking about Bush or Obama

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
All the worlds a stage and we are merely the players or stage props if your "never missed a photo op" obama.

The only thing that dude gives a crap about is his own political ambitions.

All hail the most glorious leader of the serfs may the sun never fade from his most glorious visage.

Hip Hip Horrahhhhhhhhhhhh.

ok not really there's some acting too.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Honestly its not a big deal to me, I understand most of what goes into voting for a president is popularity.

I'm not an Obama fan at all but this 'tactic' isn't anything out of the ordinary for winning. He can't win on substance because he has none, never did, never will, so I see him going this route as completely necessary to win.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

Living in a 'burb of Seattle... I'm surrounded by Norwegians (and a few Swedes.) The very few that weren't already planning on voting for Obama, are virulently anti-Democrat, to the pointwhere if a Democrat says "It's a sunny day today," they'll go "nuh uh!"

Neither group really gives a good goddamn what goes on over in Scandahoovia.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

Meh why bother of stealing the votes? the elections are fixed anyway

top topics

join