It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul wants to phase out federal student loans.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThaLoccster

I'm not necessarily for or against Ron Paul. I think he has many ideas I agree with and many I don't, this being one I'm not sure I agree with.

I currently attend college, and federal financial aid is virtually the only reason I am able to. Just the fact I am enrolled in college has given me the opportunity to gain entry-level employment in a field related to the one I am hoping to earn a degree in. Even though I am not scheduled to begin repaying on my loans until 2014, I hope to start working on them next year to keep the overall interest down.

Son, I'm a college graduate, and you'll learn in a few years it's not all that it's cracked up to be. I did the whole college thing a few years ago and graduated. Now I'm $40,000 in debt. While college was fun, what has my degree earned me? Nothing. I could not find a job anywhere. No matter how qualified you are, in a bad economy, jobs simply aren't available.

I do own my own business now, and am making a lot of money, more than anyone my age could probably dream of. But I could have done that on my own without getting a degree. You don't need one to start a business.

I fully support Ron Paul. Federal student loans are a drain on the economy. You can still get student loan from banks. Don't need to drain other taxpayers, which just in turn makes less jobs, making your degree worthless. Ron Paul is an intelligent man.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
www.usatoday.com...

before any of you resort to kneejerk reactions

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

The republican party is not just greedy, they are the root of evil!!!!

Ugh.. very narrow minded. Stop thinking in terms of parties. That doesn't mean anything. Just because a candidate runs as Republican or Democrat doesn't make them a hive-mind. Ron Paul only runs as republican because he believe in what Republicans like Abe Lincoln traditionally stood for (not what MOST republicans stand for now), and because you can't be considered for PoTUS without being in either the Republican Party or Democratic Party... it's a two party system.
edit on 31-10-2011 by WP4YT because: (no reason given)

<< 16  17  18   >>

join