It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA deploys to Tennessee highway

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

TSA deploys to Tennessee highway

www.tgdaily.com

hitting the Tennessee interstate highways to search for terrorists under the auspices of the Visible Intermodal Prevention and Response (VIPR) program.

According to Nashville NewsChannel5, the TSA personnel will be divided into "viper" teams. Personally, I think it’s a rather fitting name.

Also - and this is just conjecture - I think it’s easier to convince the prototypical goon to actively violate people’s Constitutional rights when the team they’re on sounds cool.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I came to ATS today to see what others are saying about this significant escalation in the war against the People by the Federal Government and was surprised when I found nothing. So, I figured it was up to me.

This is a very sinister development. I have not flown on any airplane since the TSA instituted its body scanners as a protest of my own against these unconstitutional acts. But I do HAVE TO drive!

www.tgdaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
This is just a bullcrap way to arbitrarily pull Americans over and fine/arrest them for everything possible.

The OP makes a great point in his/her follow-up post.. TSA apologists, what are you going to change your "well you CHOOSE to fly" arguments to now?

Another step toward a police state. Privacy and your right to it is dwindling to the point of nonexistence.

Didn't some famous guy say something once about those willing to trade liberty for security deserve neither? I know it's a cliche quote, but it's just so poignant and prophetic.

ETA: @the OP - I hope some people come along and star/flag this and it doesn't get buried under a bunch of reptilian alien rubbish or whatever. Important actual news here people, give it a read.
edit on 23-10-2011 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Electrum

You might want to check out this ATS thread already discuusing the topic.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1SawSomeThings

You might want to check out this ATS thread already discuusing the topic.

Thanks, I did look as best I knew how to find it elsewhere. But I am still learning how to navigate this site. It's pretty big!

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I think it deserves a spot in the breaking news section. Pretty big development if you ask me.

And I don't often look through some of the other forums..I might have missed it if this were not put in the breaking news section as I check it the most.

Thanks for posting this OP, S&F

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Maybe the state government is so broke that they can’t pay for anything anymore.

This sounds like a real reason, plus I bet the state gets some kind of grant/subsidy from Homeland Security or the gov for doing this. First the terrorists were in the airport, now there on the highway, where is the next location, neighborhood entrances and Home Depot parking lots?

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
This is isolated to strictly commercial vehicles and buses...

There are very real reasons why they should be doing this, nationwide at all weigh-stations and commercial vehicle checkpoints... In my opinion.

Trucks and buses have to go through random inspections anyway... This only adds a small level to that.

Again, this is ATS where the truth is usually irrelevant... So, carry on and enjoy.

edit on 23-10-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Someone might want to tell TSA the only terrorists are in the whitehouse and have infatuated the US government.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

You do understand the TSA is The Transportation Security Administration right? Deploying TSA to the "highways" is not new nor is it illegal nor is it an over reach. They can only search tractor trailers / vehicles that are subject to ICC.

Those vehicles (ones who are required to go through weigh stations) fall under a different set of guidelines when it comes to requirements. Law Enforcement does not need any reasons to stop a semi to check its driver / cargo / manifest etc etc etc. TSA doing this job is more their jurisdiction than it is the states jurisdiction.

Law Enforcement at the local level already does, and since semis are still the dominant form of moving goods from one place to the next there is more than enough trucks to go around.

Anything beyond tractor trailers and I would have serious objections, however everything I am seeing to date revolves around semis. As far as local law enforcement checking semis several states have motor vehicle enforcement (not cars) officers whose sole job is to check semis coming through their area. They are not empowered to intiate a traffic stop on regular motor vehicles (although some states do to cut backs have metrged them in with their comissioned officer training).

Everything I am seeing for the TSA still does not make them commissioned law enforcement. If anyone has more info post it please..

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I agree this is a bit over reacting, however i believe security should be privatized which is why I support Ron Paul =].

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

" There are very real reasons why they should be doing this, nationwide at all weigh-stations and commercial vehicle checkpoints... In my opinion.

Trucks and buses have to go through random inspections anyway... This only adds a small level to that. "

You know , your Right ! There are Alot of Terrorists hiding out on Buses , Trains, and Trucks these days , I just Hope I read about the TSA Capturing one or two of them in the Next 50 Years........

edit on 24-10-2011 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Houser
I agree this is a bit over reacting, however i believe security should be privatized which is why I support Ron Paul =].

I dunno about private security. Is Mr. Paul referring to TSA or something else?

A private security agency verses public law enforcement is a slippery slope. As annoying as I find the TSA I would rather deal with a public agency than private.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
LOL nm.
edit on 24-10-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: Mondays suck

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

VIPR, interesting name....

Rev 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

..Prolly just a coincidence.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

I am going to take a wild guess and write that you have never heard of "camel nose under the tent?"

You think they start with the end that they have (already) in mind?

Google: "boiling the frog" ..... and this ends our kindergarten lesson for today.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DissentFromDayOne

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

I am going to take a wild guess and write that you have never heard of "camel nose under the tent?"

You think they start with the end that they have (already) in mind?

Google: "boiling the frog" ..... and this ends our kindergarten lesson for today.

I agree with fractured facade. People seem to be seeing conspiracies in everything lately. While I get your point about the frog, the other term is citizen resposability as well as due dilligence. If people arent comfortable with the TSA doing commercial vehicle inspections and fear it might go beyond that, contact your representatives in local / state AND federal government and let them know what you think.

People have no problems coming into these forums and giving us their opinion. Its not hard to copy / paste the post and email your rep with the same info.

Get involved people...

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I'm sure my state representatives have my email address blacklisted I write so much. I try to snail mail them as much as possible, because I believe it to be more effective, but you can't really tell either way.

I agree with you 100% though, absolutely voice your concerns to your representatives. Also, thank you for clarifying the TSA's authority, because I was not fully aware.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus
reply to post by Xcathdra

I'm sure my state representatives have my email address blacklisted I write so much. I try to snail mail them as much as possible, because I believe it to be more effective, but you can't really tell either way.

I agree with you 100% though, absolutely voice your concerns to your representatives. Also, thank you for clarifying the TSA's authority, because I was not fully aware.

lol at blacklisted.. I never let that stop me.. I figure I will keep poking and proding until im served with a cease and desist or restraining order

At the very least, they know where I stand and what my opinion is, which is something.

Props to you for not just giving up and walking away. We need more people to be more persistent. If the politicians know they can get you to back off by ignoring you, they will. When they realize you arent going away, they tend to listen, and when you stick around for the long haul where you can effect their position by demonstrating to others with your attempts to make change, only to be ignored, can mean the difference between reelection and losing that election.

People MUST step up and get involved.
edit on 25-10-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
this is getting scary

I hope they completely dismantle the TSA

top topics

<<   2 >>

join