It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Says War on Terror Can't Be Won

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
"We will win war on terrorism" Now who's the flip-flop? I wish all of these politicians would make up their minds.

news.yahoo.com

Bush Now Saying 'We Will Win' Terror War

10 minutes ago
By JENNIFER LOVEN, Associated Press Writer

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - President Bush (news - web sites) said Tuesday "we will win" the war on terror, seeking to quell controversy and Democratic criticism over his earlier remark that victory may not be possible.

In a speech to the national convention of the American Legion, Bush said, "We meet today in a time of war for our country, a war we did not start yet one that we will win.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
See now this is what I call "Purely Political." Now Bush is doing exactly what Kerry has been doing for so long. He's flip flopping the issue. Once again, these two canidates only care about themselves. They don't give a hoot about the American people.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

I'm assuming that as War 'mutates' and changes, as with Time, death, etc., etc. ECK, that the definition of War will also likewise change, as with how War is fought, with whom, why, etc? Using the/a traditional explanation and termage for War implying 'such and such', does not, in NO way and circumstance, allow for "growth and change" of said word, termage, and usage......

In short ECK, war implies more than mere fighting between so-called nation-states......its usage has underwent change, as this world and its cultures continually do. As such, words and their respective usages and meanings change....natural course of events....war is not of the exception nor the exclusion...likewise with the word can't?!

seekerof

[edit on 31-8-2004 by Seekerof]

Yawn. Seekerof, you're far too smart to still be arguing for the corrupt actions of the Bush regime.
It's a sinking ship.

Masked Avatar, the single most intelligent ATS member I've ever read once stated:

"You cannot declare war on an abject noun.

I stand by my post.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by deeprivergal
"We will win war on terrorism" Now who's the flip-flop? I wish all of these politicians would make up their minds.

news.yahoo.com

Bush Now Saying 'We Will Win' Terror War

10 minutes ago
By JENNIFER LOVEN, Associated Press Writer

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - President Bush (news - web sites) said Tuesday "we will win" the war on terror, seeking to quell controversy and Democratic criticism over his earlier remark that victory may not be possible.

In a speech to the national convention of the American Legion, Bush said, "We meet today in a time of war for our country, a war we did not start yet one that we will win.

Yup. Bush's latest flip flop on ATS here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
We didn't want the smoking gun to "come in the form of a mushroom cloud."

What a lying idiot.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
The only terror that bush was fighting is the terror of allowing the people in the Middle East to control their national resource that sad to say is only one.

who controls the oil controls the world. You can not let barbarics to control the world. Right?

Lots of people think that this is not the reason, but it is and it's starting to show and in a very ugly way.

Just a thought.

[edit on 31-8-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Fightin' the war on terra's the only thing Bush has to cling to for re-selection. And that's only because BushCo. through the help of the mainstream media has convinced half the country that he's super man. What a joke. He presided over the worst intelligence failure in U.S. history. Black is white, night is day. REMEMBER THAT, PEOPLE!

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Actually, if anyone had bothered to take the full context, Bush was asked by Matt Lauer if the terror war could be won within the next four years, to which the answer is an obvious no. Just setting the record straight.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
how can the USA fight against a terrorist group that they created and control?
thats just mind-boggling to me!!!

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJAghetto
how can the USA fight against a terrorist group that they created and control?
thats just mind-boggling to me!!!

You have a faction controlling them. The rest are truly trying to do their jobs protecting/defending us. Just look at the espionage investigation going on right now within the Pentagon. All it takes is a few bad apples....

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Saying you are going to have a 'war on terror' is like all the other esoteric political claims we have grown used to. When did we win the 'war on drugs'? 'War on want' is another good one we here from time to time in the UK...

how do you win a war on a concept? Its like saying that you're gonna fight a war on war...

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Exactly. But you know, as long as people have their soma, they will accept anything their providers tell them.

War on drugs.. my a$$.
War on US citizens, more like it.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:24 AM
link   
well it easier to shoot poor people then solve their problems! D'oh!

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
Right now, this can be interpreted one of two ways.

Bush has gone crazy, or there is something going on we shouldn't know about.

He's on freaking anti-depressants!!! He really should go over his speeches before he opens his mouth. He claims that people misinterpreted what he meant by "we can't win the war on terror" Well GBW, people hear what you say not what you mean! As a president you should say what you mean and not what you're thinking and hope the American public can read your mind!

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   
the never ending ultra liberal attack on the Republicans continues......

ho.......hum

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by smokenmirrors

ho.......hum

WOW, you're RIGHT! Afterall, the Republicans NEVER say anything negative about the Democrats! It's all one-sided here. (Insert sarcasm here)

I'm not attacking the Republicans however, I am attacking the President that has done nothing for this country.

If I have said it once, I've said it 1000 times.
Be sure to vote in November's election. Just one vote can make a difference! Unless your brother is the Governor of Florida then it doesn't matter who REALLY won the election.

[edit on 1-9-2004 by WuvLove]

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by smokenmirrors

ho.......hum

So, what is your comment in relation to the subject of this thread? Or is your sole purpose here to distract and disrupt?

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
The War on terrorism cannot be won. Any more than the war on crime can be won. Terrorism is an outcropping of a philosophy, so, unless you ban thought, you cannot defeat terrorism. Bush was merely stating that it is a fight of ideology, not countries, and cannot be won.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
The NEO CONSERVATIVE ideology is every bit as destructive and hate-filled as that of the WAHABBIS.
They should both be destroyed.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Whether Bush is double speaking is one thing, but he has at least told the truth whether he wanted to or not. There is no such thing as defeating terrorism. This war isn't really about fighting "terrorist" anyway. It's about fighting an extreme version of the Muslim faith. How can you defeat a faith? Do you blow up every mosk around so they have no place to gather and pray? Do you burn all the robes and head scarves so they they are defiled in the eyes of their god? Do you burn every Koran in the world so they have no words from Mohamed to guide them? Just how can one destroy something like faith and love for their god? It can't be done. All you can do is try to defend yourselves and help you brother out when he is being persecuted.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join