It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BUSTED! Libya’s Revolution EXPOSED – MSM Photoshopped "mass celebrations" at Liberation day!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I see the "everything is a lie from the west except what I know in my head to be true" brigade are in full flow again. psychologists will be having a field day with this stuff.
edit on 23/10/11 by malcr because: missed "the"

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
The simple fact, that they didn't declare Libya liberated from Tripoli, the country's capital, speaks volumes.

You can not call a country liberated while you are still dropping cruise missiles on it, simple logic tells you its far from liberated.

If the country's truly Liberated, then why hasn't the NTC moved camp to the capital ?

Just like when Clinton, when to Tripoli a about a week ago, she took a bloody army with her, in her C-17 Globemaster III military plane, if its so safe and peaceful in Tripoli, why take a giant (USAF) plane.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by malcr

Originally posted by malcr
I see the "everything is a lie from the west except what I know in my head to be true" brigade are in full flow again. psychologists will be having a field day with this stuff.

Why do we have to get psychologists involved when we are merely showing the blatant truth which is largely being ignored and censored by the mainstream media?

It seems to me people like YOU need to see psychologists for not being able to think for yourselves and believing whatever tosh comes out the TV and newspapers. I think psychologists may diagnose your condition as "being in denial" as your unconscious defense mechanism refuses to acknowledge painful realities, thoughts and feelings?

Let me know when you want to book an appointment.

edit on 23-10-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
reply to post by blueorder

Freedom is the only thing on Earth worth fighting for.

Any dream is meaningless and hopeless without it.... So are we to condemn the Libyan people for daring to dream of freedom and actually fighting for it?

Libyans can do what they want, and with their "freedom" if the "choose" to bring in Sharia Law, then I think that is a delicious irony- the problem is not ME telling the Libyans what to do, that is up to them, the problem is outsiders getting involved in the conflict, so stop being careless with the truth as if I am interfering with Libyan "freedom"

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

I'm pretty sure the victory celebration was held in Benghazi as that is the city where the uprising began and was until recently the centre of the rebel movement and the location of the interim government.

edit on 23-10-2011 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
OK so what's wrong with people waving Syrian flags in Libya

They're either libyans showing solidarity with the people of Syria or more likely syrians living/working there...

Still confused OP?? You're a time waster

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I'm trying to give this post the benefit of the doubt, but I don't see how a single photo (that itself is not Photoshopped, per OP) can be used to claim all other photos are Photoshopped.

If I take one photo of a tea party rally that shows only a couple dozen attendees, does that then mean all other tea party rallies where thousands have attended were photoshopped? Does this help illustrate the fallacy of the OP?

Besides, Photoshop works on still images, it's not the tool to use for video fakery - that would be Adobe After Effects - assuming you want to stay with the Adobe product line

Like it or not, the Libyan people did rise up and overthrow Gaddafi. Some guy sitting in a CNN video editing booth didn't fabricate a revolution from Photoshop - seriously, what brush or filter in Photoshop would you use for that? Let's see, grunge, accented edges, crackule - ah, "Libyan rioters", now let's add some Gaussian blur...

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
reply to post by malcr

Originally posted by malcr

Why do we have to get psychologists involved when we are merely showing the blatant truth which is largely being ignored and censored by the mainstream media?

It seems to me people like YOU need to see psychologists for not being able to think for yourselves and believing whatever tosh comes out the TV and newspapers. I think psychologists may diagnose your condition as "being in denial" as your unconscious defense mechanism refuses to acknowledge painful realities, thoughts and feelings?

Let me know when you want to book an appointment.

edit on 23-10-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

Yet you have posted video after video from RT.... Why is RT trustworthy? Do you hang out at their studio and personally verify what information they feed you? Do they not have access to photo editors? Is RT the last bastion of truth on the planet and you their mouthpiece?

Also that gaussian blur post made me laugh.
edit on 23-10-2011 by xFiDgetx because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMaverick
Great find, also to note, that NATO conducted 70 Air Sorties today alone in Sirte and Bani Walid, and 12 of them were cruise missile strikes, so much for a liberated Libya, because they are still striking them pretty hard, the fighting is far from over.

Hey Maverick, can you link me to that info ? I haven't been able to find it via news search. It would go a long way towards supporting my personal belief that as you say...the fighting is far from over.

TIA

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by OBE1

www.nato.int...

Air OperationsOperation UNIFIED PROTECTOR air assets continue monitoring missions over Libya.Since the beginning of the NATO operation (31 March 2011, 06.00GMT) a total of 26,281 sorties, including 9,646 strike sorties*, have been conducted. Sorties conducted 22 OCTOBER: 58 Strike sorties conducted 22 OCTOBER: 12

edit on 23-10-2011 by TheMaverick because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

Thank you sir

OBE1

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

"seek freedom, and you will become the slave of your desires,
seek self-discipline and you will achieve Liberty"

Bene Gesserit aphorism

edit on 23-10-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by dimburg

OP did not put a gun to your head and force you to waste your time.

but thanks for bumping the thread anyways

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
The one that amused me was the BBC's "live feed from Green Square in Tripoli" on 24/08/11.

It is of course India. They are waving Indian flags.

Although I didn't follow the story, I think a friend said the BBC made the excuse - It's all too easy to mix up live streams, and we apologise for getting it wrong.

Link to the video (if you missed it)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Yay for our governments - actively setting up empires of Allah for our children's children to fight endlessly.

Thanks. We appreciate your good works.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
Yay for our governments - actively setting up empires of Allah for our children's children to fight endlessly.

Careful, your bigotry and hatred is leaking all over the place here.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

For all we know that's photo of the line to the loo. Care to provide some more shots before making these assumptions? Since it was only a few hundred as you claim and there was a camera there as you have proven then there has to be more shots of this "tiny" crowd.

reply to post by zigguratvertigo

Yes because when they fake footage they do it by using something that any 1st grader knows is wrong. They are so clever at bbc.
edit on 23/10/2011 by PsykoOps because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
~

All of this is no different than the "Salt-March"
en.wikipedia.org...
Instead of the british salt tax, its a monopoly war on oil,
propped up by the useless american dollar.
Anyone that mentions going back to the gold-standard
becomes a "terrorist"
We need another "Salt March !

edit on 23/10/11 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Originally posted by Aeons

Careful, your bigotry and hatred is leaking all over the place here.

Of what?

You think that it is bigotry that Islamists have been trying to take over Northern Africa for a decade, and we helped make their dreams come true? That I notice that they hate our guts, think we are dirty jungle cultures, and hope to convert or annihilate us? And we're helping them in that quest?

If anything, what we are doing is the opposite of bigotry. In the name of corporate progress.

Do I recognize that people like you would GLADLY throw every woman under the bus in the name of your ideologies? Why yes - I notice and I ask you....why do you hate women so much?

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
You take the Royal Wedding for example, thousands camped out for days before the event. Surely Gaddafi's death and this "Liberation Day" would be a cause for immense celebration?

Why you aren't seeing Royal Wedding sized crowds:

Populaton of Metropolitan London: 13,945,000
Population of Libya: 6,600,00

1 million people came out to the wedding route. Outside of Tripoli, there isn't a city in Libya with that many people.

Sirte has a population of 48,000. That's a Yankees game.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join