It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Yahoo's page supposed to be?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Hey fellow ATSer's

Would someone please tell me what Yahoo is trying to impart or imply on their log-on page that says:
"Bring your words to life"

Say what?

What I see is "I miss you" to the right that looks like it's made out of roots.

Then I see what looks like to me, a toaster with an image within in?

And over to the left, it looks like the ground is burrowed (grave?) with a treasure chest to the right of that.....

But wait, there's more. Below that we have what looks like a boy raveling up yard?...and a sheepdog next to it?....then a sewer pipe or periscope!

What is their point?
I know Halloween is right around the corner and we're all feeling very buried under the weight of the world but for the life of me, I can't make sense out of this.
Anyone?
edit on 23-10-2011 by Human_Alien because: typo

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
No clue, but seriously, taken individually that is kinda messed up.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by pointr97
No clue, but seriously, taken individually that is kinda messed up.

Man, I'm glad I'm not alone.

But take a stab at it. What do you see (within that madness)? I'm curious.
Thanks

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Sorry tried to find what you are speaking of. No luck. Went to my login page and saw houses stacked on each other with a really nice video imbedded about their email system be #1.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Yahoo is planting some seriously weird roots, I guess.

There was another thread on the yahoo login page that this particular person took to be the Norway Spiral. That thread here.

Ya-hoo knows?

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
It almost seems they're implying someone's death. Like the little boy and his dog. That's 'treasure chest' could be a casket. And the "I miss you" would certainly fit.

Or (what I originally thought) this is the boy's imagination. But what is it inferring? What is he imagining? Finding a treasure chest next to the sewer pipe?

And who is missing whom? Is it his parents can't find him? Or is he trapped and can't get home?
WTF? That is frigged up!

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by subcsailor
Sorry tried to find what you are speaking of. No luck. Went to my login page and saw houses stacked on each other with a really nice video imbedded about their email system be #1.

Their log in page changes all the time that's why I screen grabbed it, copied and inserted it above.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalunom
Yahoo is planting some seriously weird roots, I guess.

There was another thread on the yahoo login page that this particular person took to be the Norway Spiral. That thread here.

Ya-hoo knows?

The page in that thread is the one that's there now. He should've saved it.
But that's interesting someone else caught something else on their page. Weird!

Hmmmm, Yahoo is up to something? I can't imagine that

I know I can just Google it but seeing I'm already typing, who owns Yahoo? Murdoch?

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I found this:
Yahoo! Inc. is a publicly traded corporation owned by its shareholders.

But who has creative license for its layouts, formats etc? Whose actually coming up with these scenes? Do the shareholders vote? Somehow I doubt that.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Their log in page changes all the time that's why I screen grabbed it, copied and inserted it above.

Oh that explains it. I can't see the inserts on this computer. I'll take a look at home. Thanks.

But reading what everyone is saying. I think they are still tooting their email horn. Sounds like they are saying these events are all good reasons to email someone about them.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Has anyone taken the time to watch the video on that page? It is about a young boy texting to his mom, who is in China. In his imagination, he digs a hole to join her there.

The toaster is in fact the hole house of a mole, or something like that. To its right, there is a toilet, if I saw well, and below the boy and dog, there is the skeleton of a T-Rex.

When he gets in the middle of Earth, it is a mechanism that makes the world turn around.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Oh that explains it. I can't see the inserts on this computer. I'll take a look at home. Thanks.

But reading what everyone is saying. I think they are still tooting their email horn. Sounds like they are saying these events are all good reasons to email someone about them.

Sorry you can't see them. If you remember to look later, let me know what you think. Thanks!

But here's the thing. You say " Sounds like they are saying these events are all good reasons......"
What events? If we don't understand the 'event' then, what's the point?

I realize maybe half their ploy is to get people talking. Because any type of recognition is still publicity. But I feel like there are targeting subliminal messaging....and if that's the case, who at Yahoo is doing this and WHAT, is the message?

And if it's not that then, what the hell is that sign-in page supposed to depict?

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by NowanKenubi
Has anyone taken the time to watch the video on that page? It is about a young boy texting to his mom, who is in China. In his imagination, he digs a hole to join her there.

The toaster is in fact the hole house of a mole, or something like that. To its right, there is a toilet, if I saw well, and below the boy and dog, there is the skeleton of a T-Rex.

When he gets in the middle of Earth, it is a mechanism that makes the world turn around.

Ooooooooooooooooooh.
Thanks!!!

I never click on anything in fear my computer will crash. You're a very brave person!

Now that explains it.
Thanks so very much!

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

My pleasure! I have a trick, though.

I have two hard drives, and a splitter. When I connect to the net, I do it on one drive, and when I work, I unplug and switch to the other disk.

If needs be, I simply reinstall the OS on the drive I use for the net...
It helps in being braver? LOL

Symbolism of it all could still have an occult meaning, though... Who knows?

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Throw this into the mix:

Report: Google Mulling Role in Possible Yahoo Bid

GoogleYahoo!

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

I really have no clue, but every time it comes up, it makes me feel really uncomfortable. I have tried several times to understand the meaning of it, and what on earth it has to do with Yahoo!, but to no avail.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I know Halloween is right around the corner and we're all feeling very buried under the weight of the world but for the life of me, I can't make sense out of this.
Anyone? It says wright.

new topics

top topics

join