It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libya is crushed - Syria next??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Story - www.haaretz.com...

There has been a lot of speculation on the motives behind the Iraq withdrawal and what might happen next. This article about what Sen. McCain said today is a good indication of what might be in store for us. The drums of war are beating once again. Back in June Sen. Lindsey Graham was saying Syria is going to be attacked. I believe the ultimate goal is total control of the middle-east. We all know that Syria and Iran are practically joined at the hip. Any attack on Syria will surely garner a reaction from Iran and others (against the US or Israel), which is exactly what TPTB wants so they can justify further action. The writing is on the wall….

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
So they take the troops out, then come up with a reason to attack Syria, then Iran intervenes so they have an excuse to go back into Iran?

ugh.
edit on 23-10-2011 by mr10k because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k
So they take the troops out, then come up with a reason to attack Syria, then Iran intervenes so they have an excuse to go back into Iran?

ugh.

The troops were never going to really leave Iraq.
Common, a little critical thought would bring that.

The troops are being reorganized to go from Iraq to Africa and continue the surrounding of Iran.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

They aren't in Iran now. They are in Iraq (though I think your thought process is right and that the reason they are in Iraq is because they want to be in Iran!). Some rumors indicate they are going to bait the Syrians into attacking U.S. in Iraq so that they can then retaliate.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by watcher3339

I know they are in Iraq.

So wait, they will go to Africa? For what? Uganda? I'm lost now.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k
reply to post by watcher3339

I know they are in Iraq.

So wait, they will go to Africa? For what? Uganda? I'm lost now.

If I could find my old posts, I would link them.

Long story short, out shooting locally, meet a nice Army Intel guy. Spoke of the Military retraining Linguists to the African Dialect of French. His statement was that it is the new Farsi.

Saw this coming about 10 months ago.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

If I could find my old posts, I would link them. Long story short, out shooting locally, meet a nice Army Intel guy. Spoke of the Military retraining Linguists to the African Dialect of French. His statement was that it is the new Farsi. Saw this coming about 10 months ago.

Almost identical report here. Been talking to a guy from back in my army days and he does intel as well. He has been mentioning alot of funds, intel guys, and such being transferred to units under the command of AFRICOM. Lots of military activity in Africa lately with Obama sending 100 troops to Uganda and the "terrorism" threats in Kenya. Sounds like they are expecting to re-route some of the Iraq verterans to Africa for some reason.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
And not to mention the NATO mission in Libya officially ends October 31st....so the US is freeing up alot of troops and equipment, NATO is dropping in their involvement in a controversial conflict, the Iranian terror plot bust, the Syria subject heating up.........hmmmmm......................I hear drum beats again......

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Maybe the African connection would be to get the troops close to the problem areas like Somalia. That way the Gulf of Aden is covered and Yemen can be handled. Then we are ready for Iran from a new stagging point.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I posted it as soon as the news broke the other day about Qaddafi.

Assad: Youre up next son!!!!!

Originally posted by seabag
Story - www.haaretz.com...

There has been a lot of speculation on the motives behind the Iraq withdrawal and what might happen next. This article about what Sen. McCain said today is a good indication of what might be in store for us. The drums of war are beating once again. Back in June Sen. Lindsey Graham was saying Syria is going to be attacked. I believe the ultimate goal is total control of the middle-east. We all know that Syria and Iran are practically joined at the hip. Any attack on Syria will surely garner a reaction from Iran and others (against the US or Israel), which is exactly what TPTB wants so they can justify further action. The writing is on the wall….

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Uhm... The article this thread is about was written today, not a few days ago. McCain made his comments today.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

If a Strike does happen, the russians wont sit back, because the russians have a naval base, as for John McCain, who cares what he says? is he the president
i could swear going to libya meeting the rebels and calling them heroes isnt the job description of an Senator.

John McCain is a well known War Hawk, War Monger even he spins it and claims that he isnt, but his actions tells it otherwise

edit on 23-10-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by seabag

If a Strike does happen, the russians wont sit back, because the russians have a naval base, as for John McCain, who cares what he says? is he the president
i could swear going to libya meeting the rebels and calling them heroes isnt the job description of an Senator.

John McCain is a well known War Hawk, War Monger even he spins it and claims that he isnt, but his actions tells it otherwise

edit on 23-10-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

My post is no endorsement of John McCain. I’m just pointing out that the war drums are beating. They send people out to beat the drums of war and get all the minds-of-mush conditioned so when it happens there won’t be any shock. He’s just a shill like Lindsey Graham and all the others.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Ummmm Qaddafi was killed a couple of days ago-thats when i made my comment. Not after McCain did!!!!

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by princeofpeace

Uhm... The article this thread is about was written today, not a few days ago. McCain made his comments today.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
yes US is banking on using Syria as a Trojan into Iran

then onto the rest of the Whole Wide World.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
LOL the US doesnt need a "trojan" to Iran. Where have you been? If the US wants to attack someone they just do it. Have you not been watching??

Originally posted by ignant
yes US is banking on using Syria as a Trojan into Iran

then onto the rest of the Whole Wide World.

top topics

join