It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giving Israel back in 1948 = Giving continental USA back to Native Americans in 2011?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I AM NOT anti-Israel, or anti-America, or anti anything for the matter, simply someone seeking out the opinions of others on the matter, or if you feel the comparison is flawed, please elaborate.

I know this topic always gets people who are hyper defensive towards anything that has to do with Israel on the defense, so let me start off by stating that I AM NOT ATTACKING ISRAEL, OR IT'S RIGHT TO EXIST. I am simply trying to understand the reasoning behind why Israel was given back. I just feel like the same reasoning could be used to give back the USA to the Native Americans whom had the land prior to Europe's invading it.

Please don't attack me or my character for simply seeking YOUR perceptions on the matter, and maybe a little bit of understanding. Thank you.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Of course the native americans should be returned their land, particularly the Lacota whom have disbanded the treaty which clearly states that in the event of such a nullification we are to return their lands.

They are not the same however.
edit on 23-10-2011 by Tephra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Terces_Pot_Evoba

Makes sense to me. If the bible claimed Isreal was to be where it exists today and the world backed that claim up, then it makes sense to also give the Indians what was once theirs as well.
However, that would mean every country in the world would need to give their lands to their aboriginals, Australians, French, British, Canadian, and more.

Its not a practical idea.
Besides we all know why Isreal wanted to be where it is. The bible told em too. Their were far safer places for their country but they choose to be put in the middle of a war on religious beliefs and extremism.
They certainly didn't make things better by continuously taking more lands. However this is what is supposed to happen according to prophets so they are just living their role to bring about the end times.
edit on 23-10-2011 by EspyderMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I sometimes wonder how religious people who think the god of the bible is everywhere and cares about everything can think that out of the entire world go is only concerned with that small patch of land. I feel like its kind of obvious the people who wrote it had their own motives.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

good point but I don't think we are giving the US back to anyone let alone the native americans...

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
I sometimes wonder how religious people who think the god of the bible is everywhere and cares about everything can think that out of the entire world go is only concerned with that small patch of land. I feel like its kind of obvious the people who wrote it had their own motives.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

I agree. I would think all Land God created would be holy. But, according to the versions of the bible we have that is not the case. Hence why I am skeptical of it's writings.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
What does the bible say about Indian's land ?

Nothing, just like it says nothing about lots of people on the planet.

Which just shows how irrelevant the bible is as it omits so many people.

It was written by a few about a few.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
It won't work most of them are dead, and plus we would just be leaving massive uninhabited cities/infrastructure around a small population of natives, in the end causing them more trouble than had we stayed and tried to keep things in repair. Without the general population here to provide maintenance for what already has been built, there would be incredible pollution disasters globally within the end of the week. It would be a global disaster almost certainly.

Oh, and it's not just the USA that's totally wrong.

The entire North and South American hemisphere has been conquered by European powers, for example Portugal, Spain, France, Britain, Netherlands, etc.

It's just logistically not feasible, especially considering that 90% of the inhabitants won't leave without a fight or by hiding from the 'enforcement' squads required. This would prove incredibly costly, even if most people went silently without putting up any resistance.

What would be an easier approach in my opinion is that we just finally embrace freedom and liberty in our society for once. This would alleviate many of our woes currently in relation to the myriad of problems that exist. If our legislative and judicial and executive branches had sought to be the good guys, and go after the bad guys, than we wouldn't be in this situation to begin with. This world has much promise if only we would realize the actual scientific, economic, and technological boost rate we would receive from just allowing people to pursue their dreams free from overburdening regulations and outrageous market price fixing created by the monopolies.

I mean at least in the most basic simplistic improvement possible, the masters would at least have better quality toys to purchase sooner, and they would have happier slaves who enjoyed being slaves a lot more than currently. It just seems more profitable to even the master from most angles of approach to actually do the 'right thing' and help people prosper and advance through providing accurate data (the truth, honesty), and being wise stewards by utilizing their ultra-vast fortunes they accumulated through conquest to invest in raising the living standards of the population closer to their level.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Give back the stolen land to the Native Americans...........

The running dogs in the Govt. won't even honor the treaties made in good faith by the indigenous peoples.

jeffreyrgudzune.suite101.com...

edit on 23-10-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I don't think the OP was stating that they wanted to give us back our lands, but he is comparing the creation of Israel for the Jews, after WW2 to giving back land to Native Americans today! The Jews lost their land like 3000 years ago, and America supporting the state of Israel is the same as the British giving back America or Canada to us Native's. Comparison doesn't equal request.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Step 1 is realizing all of Man is equal to God's children.

Step 2 would then be easy.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by zroth

Ummm......
.....What is step 2 again?
2nd line

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Oh yeah and don't forget, all of those places we call "Reservations" are actually in fact legal Indian nations still. This system is really messed up, because the tribes are like under control by the government through agencies like the BIA, Bureau of Indian Affairs .

The Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) is an agency of the federal government of the United States within the US Department of the Interior. It is responsible for the administration and management of 55,700,000 acres (225,000 km2) of land held in trust by the United States for Native Americans in the United States, Native American Tribes and Alaska Natives.

More links for good reading:
Federally recognized tribes
state recognized tribes
Natives in the US

Oh and another thing, there are large segments of the population alive today that are % native, all throughout North and South America.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
'The Land of Milk and Honey' was NEVER given to the Hebrew Israelites. It was taken through military genocide after their exodus from Egypt. Palistine was again taken by military genocide after World War II. It always belonged to the Palestinian people before Jews entered the picture.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Even when the Federal GOVERNMENT "gave" land to American Indians,They kicked them off the Lands,when they found abundant resources on them..........

Then You get this......................................

GREED.
edit on 23-10-2011 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi
'The Land of Milk and Honey' was NEVER given to the Hebrew Israelites. It was taken through military genocide after their exodus from Egypt. Palistine was again taken by military genocide after World War II. It always belonged to the Palestinian people before Jews entered the picture.

I would point others towards this link to review in relation to this topic :
Twelve Tribes of Israel

If we review history carefully and with a discerning eye, it would become apparent that just about all land was 'taken' from it's prior inhabitants by it's current population. More than once, usually dozens of times. All the way back to caveman era, and further back.

If we could just embrace the concept that this world belongs to all of us, and we should share in it together and help each other, we could advance our civilization towards a much brighter future. It's a type of philosophical realization that people will just have to inevitably come to... that doing the right thing benefits us all.

Think of all of the bright scientists, engineers, developers, artists, etc out there who could really turn our world around if only we had the right moral standing as a people. Today they are trapped in the paradigm of needing to make money, thus being willing to do the wrong thing in order to make their company money, and keeping their mouths shut about what they know. This hampers advancement and harms society.

These same scientists could be developing something they want to develop, to help mankind. There are countless inventions we are bypassing in order to throw our money away on garbage research for profit with an agenda.

It would require gutting the entire system though. You can't fix it, we have to gut it out completely. There are like 50,000 changes that need to be implemented. Plus doing it too fast will cause major problems, so instead we could plan things out and spend more time considering what could go wrong and how to avoid it. We could go through a long transitional period where things are slowly repealed and turned around, a few steps at a time and each of those steps would be strategic.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
If native Americans slaughtered the White Americans, and when they fled they were denied living rights in other countries, then You could compare

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
If native Americans can con 40 million American Zionists into advocating for the return of their land and provide at least 50% of the funding required to elect congress and threaten the world with nuclear doom like the Zionist do then they probably can get their land back.

They would have to get it back from the Zionists, though because Zionists control the US and Israel.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAPurMAMA
reply to post by zroth

Ummm......
.....What is step 2 again?
2nd line

see yourself in others and then take care of yourself.

peace

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
title should be more like giving PALESTINE and MAPUCHE

why? because those are the correct original nation names as far as romanized name/spellings.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join