It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

solar storms and epilepsy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I have had seizures now for over a year. I went to the hospital last Monday because I had seven seizure in a row and I am finally back to reality. They doped me up really good at the hospital.. Two other people in my town also had seizures that same morning and I and wondering if its because of these solar storms that have been occurring. ... I'm not a drug addict, I smoke marijuana for medical reasons only. Did anyone else have seizures on Monday and Tuesday of the 17 and 18th of October?

www.coping-with-epilepsy.com...

www.godlikeproductions.com...

check out the site and tell me what ya think..

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenFurnNW

There's hardly been any solar activity recently and certainly no storms.

Here's the KP index for October 17-18:

Very quiet.

edit on 23/10/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
interesting, what you think would cause these seizures then? and do you think it is a quiescence two other people in my small town in WA state had seizures as well? because it seemed like something triggered these seizures.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

I couldn't even begin to speculate mate, to be honest.

But I don't think the sun is to blame on this one.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I never knew a back injury could cause seizures. My L4 and L5 disk in my lower back is bulged from a work injury. Maybe I should look into getting that fuses together. I have a doctors apt. on Monday to draw blood, hopefully this has to do with my back because the Doctor don't know # and it worries me.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Make sure you get a competent neurosurgeon. You may have PARS Defect, so be certain the doctor looks for that. I had it, and had a broken back, in three places. All five of my lower lumbar are fused and fixated. I can get around OK, but rainy, damp days I live in a world of pain, and toss and turn in bed, I can only lay in one spot for a short time.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I've been having seizures since 2006, 5 days after my 26th birthday.

Mind you, my doctors can't find anything in the tests they have done on me.

EEG shows nothing.

MRI shows nothing.

I stopped smoking marijuana in 2007 because it caused seizures, due to lack of oxygen levels, not to mention the obvious scrambling of normal brain-function.

Don't drink alcohol. Don't take drugs, not even for 'medicinal' use.

DON'T drive. To be safe, give yourself 2 years with no seizures until you even think of driving again. Better safe than sorry.

Sometimes the high-pitched squeal of a freshly-turned-on television can trigger the aura of seizure.

Just look after yourself.

It may even be stress-related, or psycho-somatic.

Stay healthy.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Thanx for your input, very helpful

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Sorry to hear about your problems, but i have big doubts there is any link with solar activity.
We should have seen a big decrease in seizures globally during solar minimum if this was the case.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Unrealised

marijuana actually helps me with my after affect of seizures. My head always feels like its going to explode and my body aces for at least four days.but one thing for sure is i wont be driving for awhile.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Unrealised

Im 24 years old and just started getting seizures last year. You would think i would have seizures when i was a baby but that is not the case and the docs cant find anything yet. So it most have to do with my back injury.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

No seizures, no. Not in my case. But I did feel rather poorly and had to take things very quietly. However I am still recovering from a nasty bout of flu and that could have been a factor as well. Have to say, though, that the way I felt didn't seem related to flu. It was more like a "pre-fit" kind of thing, if you follow me. (I expect you know what I mean by that.)

Something I can add, though, is that for whatever reasons -- and I suspect there is a scientific basis to it -- I am sometimes very much affected before earthquakes happen. I don't mean quakes where I live, as we get almost none and they're very small anyway, but in other parts of the world. The best way I can illustrate this is by the fact that around 28 hours before the devastating quake in New Zealand in February this year, I had my worst attack in many years, so bad that I decided to post a thread about it. I put up the thread while I was still in recovery mode, so it appeared here on ATS around 26 hours or so before that NZ quake.

The thread is here.

Granted, that could be a coincidence and skeptics will say that's all it was and leave it at that. However, I'm not so sure if we can just push the matter into the "coincidence" box and be done with it. I also had a pretty rotten time before the big Japan quake in March: unable to sleep, rarely getting to bed before 2 am for a week prior.

The same happened during the past few days. I got to bed at around 2:30 am today, and when I woke up and finally got on line very late this morning (my time), I checked the USGS Recent Quakes World Map as I do every morning, and there was a huge square over Turkey. They had a mag 7.2 quake today and it looks like it could be very bad there.

BTW, I spend much of my time on ATS in the various quake threads. It's my #1 interest here. I also post predictions for quakes from time to time, but I don't make new threads, they just sit in one thread that's been running for over 2 1/2 years now. I don't do "doom and gloom" stuff. I just predict when I have indicators that allow me to do so and the quakes are mostly nothing that would make the world headlines. I've had fair success but sometimes I'm wrong and when that happens I say so. I can give some links to such posts if you want them.

Now, back to you: you live in WA. That's what caught my eye, because we have been getting a lot of reports from people in your part of the world (the PNW) of odd rumbling sounds lately. Sounds that seem to come from the sky but also from the ground. Also, just yesterday, there was a thread by a member asking if other people were getting strange dizzy spells -- meaning people who were otherwise healthy and these spells had no known medical cause.

What concerned me were the repsonses by people in the PNW region: NW OR and also WA.

The thing is, while the skeptics might just laugh and think we're wackos, the fact remains that scientists are aware that sometimes, regions where a quake is going to happen undergo changes in energy released. These have been documented and measured. It's possible that some people are senstive to them and are adversely affected and you might be one of those people.

However (and sorry for the lonnnng post) it's also possible that the medication you mentioned could be having adverse effects. Epileptics have to be very careful when using certain medications as their impacts on you can be amplified way beyond what non-epileptics will experience.

That being said, please keep us posted. If you continue to have problems let me know as I'd then suggest you contact some other members I know of who also live in WA.

Mike

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Double post. Weird. I only clicked once...

edit on 23/10/11 by JustMike because: Removed text from double post.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

My sister told me she heard a strange humming noise from the sky when I was put into a coma when I had my seizures.That's NUTS! that you brought that up. who knows what that noise was.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unrealised

EEG shows nothing.

MRI shows nothing.

I stopped smoking marijuana in 2007 because it caused seizures, due to lack of oxygen levels, not to mention the obvious scrambling of normal brain-function.

DON'T drive. To be safe, give yourself 2 years with no seizures until you even think of driving again. Better safe than sorry.

Sometimes the high-pitched squeal of a freshly-turned-on television can trigger the aura of seizure.

Stay healthy.

Marijuana does not cause seizures, it actually tends to help prevent them.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by jessasaurusreeex

EEG shows nothing.

MRI shows nothing.

Stay healthy.

That's what they all say.

I'm not even going to bother arguing with somebody who advocates smoking pot, no matter what the reason.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by jessasaurusreeex

EEG shows nothing.

MRI shows nothing.

Stay healthy.

That's what they all say.

I'm not even going to bother arguing with somebody who advocates smoking pot, no matter what the reason.

advocates smoking pot? have you ever had a grand mal seizure? Or know the positive affects of pot? go f yourself

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenFurnNW
interesting, what you think would cause these seizures then? and do you think it is a quiescence two other people in my small town in WA state had seizures as well? because it seemed like something triggered these seizures.

Hi.

I have epilepsy and have had it since age 16. I'm around 38 now. Sorry to hear about this. Seizures can be really horrible experiences.

Unfortunately, you may just have to accept that maybe nothing really caused them. Sometimes there are just no good answers for epilepsy. Mine was well controlled many years by medication and then I suddenly started having lots of seizures around 2005.

I like weed but I would advise you to lay off it if you can. 2005 was right around the time when I smoked weed for the the first time. I have had frequent seizures ever since even though I stopped smoking weed. I can't say for sure that's what caused it (Or even that I didn't possibly get some tainted weed) but if you have any history of seizures at all, that's when it's time to really watch what you consume. I have even had seizures that were triggered by melatonin I took to help me sleep. The last time I took Benadryl I had a horrible seizure in my sleep and almost bit part of my tongue off.

It's nothing to play around with. I wouldn't be looking for any "solar storm" causes. If you haven't already, you need to see a neurologist.

top topics

join