It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnitude 7.3 - EASTERN TURKEY

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
For the sake of the survival and the useful information of this thread, can we keep out of politics and religion and stick to pure cold geological facts.

I'm not going to lie, this will be a long post so i apologize in advance.

First off, i would like to point out for Dalke's predictions that the day has not even passed yet and using common scientific traditions he has an error bar of a day either side. So only count this if a magnitude eight does not occur around the 27-29th of October. I don't think he's claimed this either? I'd just like to point out.

To the other user predicting a larger event, can you summarize all the data and everything you mean? I would also like to know what Imsal is as a google search brings up medical scanning - I don't think I have the right one.

Currently the aftershock sequence is normal, a lot of energy being released in the first few days. Now you can look at it in both a negative and positive way. The Negative of course being - Oh no so many aftershocks - They will all die! - Which yes is true, Aftershocks can cause deaths and make it harder for rescue workers and such. However the Positive side is quite simple - The fault line needs to release the pressure and the energy and currently this is a high power after shock sequence. Exactly like the Christchurch 7.1 magnitude quake. A lot in the first week and then it quickly dropped up with the occasional 5 and following aftershock sequence every few months. It simply means that they will get more energy out now rather than build it up for later.

I cannot exactly decide whether or not I think this is a foreshock like bluediamond suggests. I'm sure the area is prone to a magnitude 8 however i do not believe that this would be the case as a seven is still an extremely large quake and releases a lot of pressure from the local area. I will accept that it can also do the opposite and put a lot of pressure on some other local faults depending on type, position and depth - But again, it does seem to be a high energy event so it could be a one off.

Current death toll is at least 100 - Night has fallen and hospitals have put bodies out to the side of the building as to not fall over them when tending to new people coming into the building. Not exactly a respectful tradition but then again do they have much of a choice?

The reason behind the number of deaths will come down to a few factors:
- Building code
- Geological history
- Depth and time of the event

The timing - Only 10 o clock - meant a lot of people were in work and getting underway with the normal working day. School's will have been filled and thus a lot of people in dangerous places due to mass congregations. If early morning say like 6am or even 3am - Death toll would have been smaller by a fair number - Watch this space.

Regional areas of Turkey are not going to be the best built. I have never visited or even looked up their building practices however does it take that much to conclude that they will not be using anti quake measures like the Japanese or even Italians? I don't think so.

The geological make up and history of the area indicate volcanic's. This means the rock around the area could have amplified the waves causing an extremely large ground shaking quake. IF any CHRISTCHURCH members would like to share their comparisons between the 4th of Sept and the 22 of Feb - Would be greatly appreciated. I for one found the Feb quake to be just as if not more violent. The magnitude for the 4th - 7.1 whilst the 22nd - 6.3
Only difference being location - 4th - Alluvial plains - 22nd - Volcano. This could be the case but again I am using personal experience more than anything.

Once the magnitude is finally decided on, rule of thumb indicates that the largest aftershock will be one magnitude smaller:
Eg 7.2 - 6.2 Aftershock
This may not occur but with most examples around the world they do occur.

HAARP Theorists i definitely see your point however has HAARP showed any abnormalities in it's data? I haven't checked in a while. I'm not saying it isn't possible but check what you can and create a new thread.

Thanks for your time.

Stay Safe.

Semoro

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I can not assume God does not exist either so its still 50/50 faith or no faith on whether people believe it or not. Some people may be predestined to be in siesmice prone places, like how the Ishmaelite/Arabs were cast off to the dessert lands and since today they remain there.

All I am saying is people need to watch certain areas of the world because along with this site about conspiracies and supernatural the Bible foretells where man is heading and how the scales swings from time to time.

As for Karma, God of the Bible has his spirit that holds back certain things when his overall plan is threatened, we see the judgements in the book of Revelations and we have read what happens when Israel as a nation and people are persecuted by the world, the world fought back when the Nazi's came into play it was you could say God calling out to the world to wake up. Israel has its own bad Karma the whole Old Testament is about the See-saw effect with these people.

Because this site has a following of th mysteries of the Bible, the future and other conspiracies people should at least hear this view, but as foretold people will be blind to all this and will swept by all of this when it happens all at once, people need to know this view. The Islamic nations are gatheing they will become one power and along with it will come a time when they will want to destroy Israel by that time hopefully the Rapture takes place, so if it is soon my message is to wake people up, hopefully what is read here will link into the information the news gives as time goes on, it will make sense.

Ezekiel 30
5 Cush and Libya, Lydia and all Arabia, Kub and the people of the covenant land will fall by the sword along with Egypt.

Ezekiel 38
The LORD’s Great Victory Over the Nations

5 Persia, Cush and Put will be with them, all with shields and helmets, 6 also Gomer with all its troops, and Beth Togarmah from the far north with all its troops—the many nations with you.
7 “‘Get ready; be prepared, you and all the hordes gathered about you, and take command of them. 8 After many days you will be called to arms. In future years you will invade a land that has recovered from war, whose people were gathered from many nations to the mountains of Israel, which had long been desolate. They had been brought out from the nations, and now all of them live in safety. 9

Psalm 83
A song. A psalm of Asaph.
2 See how your enemies growl,
how your foes rear their heads.
3 With cunning they conspire against your people;
they plot against those you cherish.
4 “Come,” they say, “let us destroy them as a nation,
so that Israel’s name is remembered no more.”

5 With one mind they plot together;
they form an alliance against you—
6 the tents of Edom and the Ishmaelites,
of Moab and the Hagrites,
7 Byblos, Ammon and Amalek,
Philistia, with the people of Tyre.
8 Even Assyria has joined them
to reinforce Lot’s descendants.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

Maybe so.....but this is not the thread for your postulations.
I see nothing like "Magnitude 7.3-Eastern Turkey and religious/Biblical connections" in the title.
Now if you want to discuss something along the above suggested 'headline' may I suggest that you go and start one in the religious forum....
Rainbows
Jane

edit on 23-10-2011 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Can we stick to science and facts? Seriously, this isn't an end of the world prophecy, it's not even in the 'predictions and prophecy forums.'

This is about earthquakes, specifically the 7.3 in Eastern Turkey.

It's a tragedy, its not about subtly (or not subtly) trying to push a religious view onto anyone.

The facts of the matter are thus:

They had an earth quake, a nasty one. The geologic strata that makes up the area magnified the effects. The poor building codes of the region acerbated the effects. Which isn't saying much if the only materials available to build with were rock, cement, wood, and maybe rebar.

It hit at a bad time of day where population centers were filled. (Though arguably you could say there is no good time for such a quake.)

The only appropriate -religious- context that should even be tolerated in such conditions should be, "That you personally are praying for those people, and thank -your deity of your choice- things were not worse."

The mods may now smite me, as appropriate.
M.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Terrible thing to happen for the people affected in turkey and apologies if this has been raised already,

Has anyone considered the current migration of the poles or "pole shift" as a factor in all of these earthquakes of late?
They do appear to be more frequent (the big ones) than they used to be or is it just instant communication making everyone aware these days of these terrible big quakes?

I do not have the answers but the poles shifting however slowly must have some kind of effect on the crust, mantle & plates of the earth? Or am I completely wrong here? Maybe a geologist or seismologist can shed some light here.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
So I see the title of this thread and when I immediately click on it and go to the last page for updates hoping it's not so bad I see debates regarding religions and how god will destroy all of those Islamic nations. Seriously? What the hell happened to this site? What's with all this anti-islam crap being thrown around everywhere, all the time, even in such a tragic thread that is about human beings dying somewhere. Human beings. That's what they are, you know?

I'm really on the verge of losing all remaining faith in humanity.
edit on 23-10-2011 by Arsenalwa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DManc77

I do not have the answers but the poles shifting however slowly must have some kind of effect on the crust, mantle & plates of the earth? Or am I completely wrong here? Maybe a geologist or seismologist can shed some light here.

I am neither but - I don't think that the poles shifting, and let me make it clear we are talking about magnetic poles, would have any effect upon the crust as such. BUT having said that it is theorised that the magnetism and gravitational forces are all tied in together and that the magnetic anomalies do affect the geoid.

The iron core, or plasma core as you happen to believe, together with the Sun are responsible for our magnetic field but you have to remember that this field is extremely weak.

The Sun is a big magnet.

During solar minimum the Sun's magnetic field, like Earth's, resembles that of an iron bar magnet, with great closed loops near the equator and open field lines near the poles. Scientists call such a field a "dipole." The Sun's dipolar field is about as strong as a refrigerator magnet, or 50 gauss. Earth's magnetic field is 100 times weaker.

Source: Spaceweather.com

edit on 23/10/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Arsenalwa

Current Estimates put the death toll at 1000. Actual death toll is 138 according to BBC news. 1000 buildings are damaged and a lot of towns have not been reached as of yet.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Rescuers search for survivors after earthquake in Turkey

Rescuers search for survivors after earthquake in Turkey
edit on 23-10-2011 by lenya007 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-10-2011 by lenya007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by lenya007

your link isn't working

edit on 23-10-2011 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Semoro

Yes, I found the February 'quake more violent. I was fully Compos mentis at the time however, compared with September where I was a little drunk and sleepy. Certainly the September one shook a lot longer. The differences in the 'local' geology for the two played a big role.

I'm not sure why people insist on spouting their biblical nonsense here, but I guess we accept all sorts!

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Exactly why i'm being lead to believe that this quake would have been exactly like the 6.3, let's hope for their sake it wasn't.

So turkey is the meeting point for the Anatolian, Eurasian, African and Arabian plate. Van is on the meeting point between Eurasia and Arabian. Possible for a large shift on this fault ? Watch this space.

en.wikipedia.org...:Turkey-faults-platenames.png

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
They're just getting pummelled. Since the big one, 7.2 at: 2011/10/23 10:41:21 EASTERN TURKEY

Til the last one shown of 4.3 2011/10/23 EASTERN TURKEY

They have had 22 aftershocks, some quite sizeable. It is just terrible. I can't begin to imagine what they're going through.

edit on 23-10-2011 by Gridrebel because:

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I stopped counting at 160 earthquakes for just the last 10 hours in Turkey. I understand that there are aftershocks after an earthquake but it seems that is a lot higher than the normal. A lot of them were 3.0 mag or higher.

quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I have been following this thread today
but this is my first post. Seems like it
has gone off topic - lets hope we can
get back to discussing the quake in
a scientific way. Earlier today they needed
more cranes and medics, does anyone
know if more help is on the way? If so,
when would it be expected to reach the
areas of need?

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
After experiencing the earthquakes in Christchurch, I can appreciate what these people are going through. My thoughts and prayers go out to all those affected and may aid come to you in your hour of need.

For scientific purposes I will post this link here outlining the aftershocks Christchurch has, and is still experiencing since the September 4th quake, so that you have some reference as to what to expect over the coming year in Turkey.
Christchurch Earthquake Aftershock Sequence

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
my thoughts go out to everyone over there, there have been too many earthquakes of late and I hope this isnt simply part of a a nwo design using new age weapons such as haarp, in some selfish way I'd prefer this to be the planet causing the trouble rather than its people

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Semoro

"First off, i would like to point out for Dalke's predictions that the day has not even passed yet and using common scientific traditions he has an error bar of a day either side. So only count this if a magnitude eight does not occur around the 27-29th of October. I don't think he's claimed this either? I'd just like to point out. "
Semoro

You need to read again first post ..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm not good with English, I think you all understood .. hmm

Maybe I did not explain clearly, let try again ..

If you think only for gravitation force not for kinetic energy, is not only important that gravitation force when is moon closes ..

In that 30 days Moon changing distance from closes to farthest, two time in year ..

Moon be in very short period two time in one year closes (Perigee) and farthest (Apogee) from Earth, in that 30 days ..

Pressure and fast distance changes are on highest level in that 30 days so they have biggest stress on tectonic plates ..

So trigger can be anytime in that 30 days ..

Watch this closely and think better ..

www.fourmilab.ch...

This is what I post ..

"That happens when Moon be in very short period around 30 days two times in every year closes (Perigee) and farthest (Apogee) from Earth ..
And that dangerous time for earthquakes are in 30 days (x 2) in different months every years like you can see here .. "

Peace ..
edit on 23-10-2011 by Dalke07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Dalke07

I was just saying that you weren't wrong as you haven't actually claimed it. You were right in calling a large earthquake but are you sure there won't be another one? Like in two days?

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Dalke07

Thanks for that link and information my friend.

I haven't read all your post in the thread but some months ago we made a prediction that between oct 23- 29 there will be a big earthquake. (Have to search that thread)
Predictions were based on planet alignments. Jupiter-earth-sun and mars-sun-mercury and on oct 27 jupiter-earth-moon-sun.
I'm not that surprised to see this quake happen, history shows us these alignments can cause big EQ.
I'm not fully convinced of these connections but this EQ makes it more attractive.
Let's see what happens in the next week.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join