It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the Terrorists will never win.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   

we dont need to beat them they beat themselves

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
the reason the war on terrorism will never be won is because we can't define 'them'.
´they´ are in fact winning this war.

define a 'terrorist'.

you can't.

under the current definition everybody can be considered a terrorist.

and what is a 'terrorist' exactly?

someone picking up a rifle and defending his home country against an invading force, is that a terrorist?

or someone who kills some soldiers because he has seen his house and children been blown up by an airstrike, is that a terrorist?
edit on 23-10-2011 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-10-2011 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
what a tasteless thread btw

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
yeah, I agree, a bit of a description would of been nice aswell. The terrorists are winning btw, what do you think your government have been doing since WW2? Just because they make you feel safe behind a camera, does not mean they are nice people.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

Terrorists are winning already 50+ years. It depends who u think terrorists are. FOr me terrorists are those that kill innocent civilians aroung world,and the most civilians were killed by NATO so far.Soon they will pass even Hitler... But they kill innocent people legaly,so there is no way anyone can stop them. Not even God....if he exists...

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

The only winners are your corrupt leaders and Big Business that are making a KILLING from this fake war on terror..

The losers as usual are the civilian taxpayers that are not only financing this phoney war but are losing their freedom in the name of national security..

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Whether it was their intention or not, terrorists have played a large part in the downfall of America as an economic powerhouse. Both Financial terrorists and Al Qaeda

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

The following is what the US State Dept uses to define terrorism.

"No one definition of terrorism has gained universal acceptance. For the purposes of this report, however, we have chosen the definition of terrorism contained in Title 22 of the United States Code, Section 2656f(d). That statute contains the following definitions:

The term "terrorism" means premeditated, politically motivated violence perpetrated against noncombatant/*/ targets by subnational groups or clandestine agents, usually intended to influence an audience.
The term "international terrorism" means terrorism involving citizens or the territory of more than one country.
The term "terrorist group" means any group practicing, or that has significant subgroups that practice, international terrorism.
The US Government has employed this definition of terrorism for statistical and analytical purposes since 1983.

Domestic terrorism is probably a more widespread phenomenon than international terrorism. Because international terrorism has a direct impact on US interests, it is the primary focus of this report. However, the report also describes, but does not provide statistics on, significant developments in domestic terrorism."

So I guess, anyone who parctices the above terms could be defined as a terrorist by US standards anyway.

Then again you have Janet Napolitanos and the DHS version as well.
which makes almost anybody who thinks for themselves a terrorist.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. Seriously folks there isn't any such thing as a terrorist. It's all semantics. Just another government propaganda crock of baloney. When marketing got into government all this spin crap started. Really , can't we all see through this junk?

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonegurkha
One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. Seriously folks there isn't any such thing as a terrorist. It's all semantics. Just another government propaganda crock of baloney. When marketing got into government all this spin crap started. Really , can't we all see through this junk?

I can see through it. Quite clearly as a matter of fact.

Freedom fighters actively target the Government they oppose.

Terrorists bomb buses, schools, market places, etc, etc. People who have no means of defending themselves and are just trying to go about their daily lives.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

Yes semantics..

It use to be that a WMD was a nuke or similar..

Now it's anything including a tiny pipe bomb...

It's the way they move definitions to act and try to convince the sheeple that it's justified..

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
The real terrorists have already won. Just look at the way our own government treats us now. With HLS and TSA and the other Nazis style crap going on all around us. That is why there has not been any attacks on US soil in over 10 years. They do not need to attack us our own government is doing it for them. They are now just defending their own homes. As far as destroying our way of life and taking our freedom from us they have already won. The US is running out of places to invade and it is just a matter of time until the US invades itself. What you see happening over there you will see happening here some day and that day is coming sooner than any one wants to admit.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Exactly ,you have hit the nail right on the head. That's what it's all about. Anything they can spin to make it seem more than it really is. The sheeple really buy into it thru years of manipulation via television propaganda. They love to make things seem to be more than what they really are. All to give themselves an excuse to interfere in other countries business for their own ends.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Terrorists bomb buses, schools, market places, etc, etc. People who have no means of defending themselves and are just trying to go about their daily lives.
reply to post by TDawgRex

This is done to prove to the general population that the government can't protect them. They don't have the military power to face down the government on the battlefield. So they attack the population to demonstrate that they can strike at the government by showing the people that the government can't stop them. Seriously how could the government be everywhere and stop the random attacks on the people. Their control of the population isn't good enough yet to be able to stop this kind of attack.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

I realize this. Terrorism can be either direct action or indirect action. It is also an effective form of Psychological warfare just for the very reasons you pointed out. Terrorism crosses all sorts of spectrums.

Nothing against you. I'm just tired of that old saw.

I happen to think that imminent domain and exorbitant interest fees on loans or credit cards are also a form of terrorism. TSA checkpoints, warrantless searches, etc.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
you mean the US? they might win... lol

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by kn0wh0w
the reason the war on terrorism will never be won is because we can't define 'them'.
´they´ are in fact winning this war.

define a 'terrorist'.

you can't.

Bet me, you'll loose. As much as don't care for Arab culture, they are absolutely not the terrorists. They are *victims* of real terrorists.

You want real terrorists? I'll give you real terrorists:

1) The Bush clan, the Clinton clan, the Obama scraggle
2) Brown, Merkle, Sarcozy
3) Pentagon
4) www.nato.int...
5) www.federalreserve.gov... (notice the .gov extension)
6) www.imf.org...
7) www.worldbank.org/
8) Kissinger
9) CFR's, Trilat's, Bilderberg's

and many more. If the modern "press" were feeding us real news, many of these people would be on the gallows by nightfall. It would be good riddance.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Of coarse I agree with you. That is how the sociopaths in corporations and government work. I think that it is sociopathic behavior to behave in either of these ways. Shame there isn't a way to eliminate these kind of people at birth. Maybe then we could have a true peace. People could get along without these others making trouble in the world.

I think most normal people just want to live their lives and keep their families safe without all the crap that the sociopaths put in their way.
edit on 10/23/2011 by lonegurkha because: Lord please help me to learn to spell

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
it is easy for leaders to order men into battle when they have never seen combat themselves. my personal oponion is that military service shuld be a requirement to run for president. I just dont see how someone can take over the reigns of a whole nations military with no personal experience in it.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
There's no such thing as terrorists.

<<   2 >>

join