It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones and his "money bomb"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I dont want this thread to turn into an Alex Jones bashing contest as most topics involving the man do. I have nothing against the man and I do understand that he does need to create some kind of income to keep his show and studio going. I can understand the shirts, dvds and commercial breaks. You need funding to pay the bills. Cool. This is my problem though.

Alex Jones has done nothing but say Ron Paul needs to be elected. He even has Ron Paul on his show then and again. If Ron Paul being elected is as important as he says, why is he having a "money bomb" that only funds himself and his show? Now if a portion of this is going to Paul's campaign then please correct me. But from what Ive gathered, this is simply to get his studio off the ground.

Im calling Jones and his listeners out on this. Im a Ron Paul supporter. The entirety of this "money bomb", as in any and all profit, needs to go directly to Paul's campaign and not to fund a bus to take his family to the beach and post family videos on youtube of him arguing with check point cops. I want Jones to literally put his money where his mouth is and donate every penny of what is made to Paul's campaign and truly stand behind his horse in the race. Thats all Im saying.

Heres a link to his "money bomb" which seems to be on November 3rd: www.infowars.com...
edit on 23-10-2011 by e11888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by e11888

Everyone,especially politicians, raise money in this way..

Alex Jones has given Ron Paul more airtime than any other show..

Why do you think all his money should go to Ron Paul when his show needs the money to stay on line and help Ron Paul get his word out??

IMO the air time he give RP is more valuable than the money.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by e11888

Everyone,especially politicians, raise money in this way..

Alex Jones has given Ron Paul more airtime than any other show..

Why do you think all his money should go to Ron Paul when his show needs the money to stay on line and help Ron Paul get his word out??

IMO the air time he give RP is more valuable than the money.

Ron Paul isnt on his show on a daily basis. Its more like once every one or two months. Even though its not as much as Id like, Paul does get air time on the three top msm channels. He's also on many other talk radio shows. To say that Paul needs Jones or even that Jones has helped the man beyond reinforcing the vote from those that already plan to vote for him is a bit of a stretch.

His show doesnt need this money to 'stay on line'. His show needs this money to expand. Theres a difference. I can understand wanting and almost needing to expand right now, but elections happen once every 4 years and Paul has already stated that this is probably it for him. Ron Paul needs everything he can get right now and if you're going to sit on the radio and stress how much the man needs to be elected, then I just think that this "money bomb" should be donated to the cause that you defend on a daily basis and that Jones should literally put his money where his mouth is.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by e11888

People donate to Ron Paul because they want him to use the money in this election..

People donate to Alex Jones because they want him to use that money as he has stated, on expanding his show..

Who are you to state their donations should be used for anything other than what people donated for??

IMO that would be wrong of Alex Jones..

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by e11888

People donate to Ron Paul because they want him to use the money in this election..

People donate to Alex Jones because they want him to use that money as he has stated, on expanding his show..

Who are you to state their donations should be used for anything other than what people donated for??

IMO that would be wrong of Alex Jones..

Is taking his family on weekly bus trips to the beach using the money on his show? The man bought a bus to go to the beach... where is Jones during OWS? Has he been to WS? No he walked outside his front door and went to the Austin protests. Do you know what kind of voice he could have in New York? Take your bus and go! Do your show from your bus and go to New York where people have been camped out for over a month now. But no, Jones goes to the beach.

Look. This entire arguement is absurd. Are you really trying to tell me that Jones should sit on his radio show on a daily basis telling people how important it is for Paul to be elected, but when the time comes for him to actually do something that new microphones are more important?

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by e11888

He works hard, he has a right to go on holiday for god sake. Im sure he makes money from his advertising to fund for a family holiday.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by e11888

He works hard, he has a right to go on holiday for god sake. Im sure he makes money from his advertising to fund for a family holiday.

Right. Rome is burning let me go play my fiddle.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Alex cares more about money than Ron Paul

and the maximum contribution is 5,000

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by soldita
Alex cares more about money than Ron Paul

and the maximum contribution is 5,000

Its not even that Im saying this. Its that the man doesnt have his priorities straight. If Jones only cared about money he'd be working for the msm. I understand the man works hard, but it makes no sense to be heading off to the beach while people are protesting around the country. He chose to do this. You dont run away when everything you've been saying for all these years starts happening. You dont purchase new microphones when Paul needs the support you're talking about daily on your own show.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by e11888

Well I don't see any indication that Ron Paul is going to be the favourite to get this money from that link. Alex jones doesn't even have to be honest about where this money is going, it may verywell just end up with the nominee of the Republican party, who may verywell not be Ron Paul for all you know.

Here is some straightforward advise, if you want to be sure that your money is going directly to Ron Paul's campaign, then donate directly to Ron Paul's campaign. I don't see the point of doing this through Alex when there is no assurance even that it will go to his campaign.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
He needs that money to buy better things and hire better workers so what he does will improve... if you look back to 2005 you see that he had terrible equipment..now he has equipment from the 2008-2011 age

EDIT
WOAH wait a minute... did he already spend the $432,562?? i remember the last time he had that much on his last money-bomb now i only see $4k
did he spend that money? or put it to his bank account
edit on 23-10-2011 by ApplesOnFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ApplesOnFire
He needs that money to buy better things and hire better workers so what he does will improve... if you look back to 2005 you see that he had terrible equipment..now he has equipment from the 2008-2011 age

EDIT
WOAH wait a minute... did he already spend the $432,562?? i remember the last time he had that much on his last money-bomb now i only see $4k
did he spend that money? or put it to his bank account
edit on 23-10-2011 by ApplesOnFire because: (no reason given)

I dont think it started yet the date says Novermber 3rd.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by e11888

I dont think Alex Jones really cares about Ron Paul....he is just the closest thing to Alex Jones' political beliefs and the only candidate that will talk to him. I think the only reason he even mentions Ron Paul is hoping to get fans from RP supporters. Its sort of a coat tails thing..... I mean the man claimed that he started the Tea Party with RP. Its all about his ego, Jones is good in the sense that he brings issues to the for front, but then does so much damage to the truth movement by his lies and his need to expand his ego. I think he has some place though

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Is it not funny that the OP himself has turned this into a AJ bashing thread even though he stated he didnt want that lol

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by onfire49

no i think your leaders are liars... he doesnt care about him? thats why he keeps saying he needs to be in office and spreads his videos around? hmm yeah he doesnt care

No i think he does because its important.... the guys above obama dont care about him they only care about war and making profits

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ApplesOnFire

I agree with you that Ron Paul being elected is very important as a step for restoring this republic. And I can even agree that Jones supports him. But honestly I think he supports only partially because of his beliefs....I listen to AJ almost every day because he does bring up some important issue, but for the most part he over exaggerates or just lies.

I dont know what leaders of mine you are talking about? I am a Ron Paul supporter and am disgusted by almost all political figures. I think Jones cares about RP about as much as anyone cares about a candidate. He may plug his videos and stuff like that but I believe he does it because he is looking to catch listeners from RP supporters. Alex Jones is really just looking for notoriety as the head of some movement, and his new push is the unofficial cheerleader for RP. He misrepresents him so often and then tries to treat himself as some sort of forerunner like RP....cummon the guy claims he was a starter of the Tea Party until it got hijacked.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I didnt mean to makes those comments as a bash on Alex Jones....If you want to support the man go ahead, heck ive even bought a dvd before because I think some of his movies are good. My point was that I doubted no matter what that any of this money bomb would do anything and if we want to support Ron Paul we should support him not give Jones more money to support him over the radio

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by onfire49
I didnt mean to makes those comments as a bash on Alex Jones....If you want to support the man go ahead, heck ive even bought a dvd before because I think some of his movies are good. My point was that I doubted no matter what that any of this money bomb would do anything and if we want to support Ron Paul we should support him not give Jones more money to support him over the radio

Yes and I agree that if you want to support Paul you should donate directly. The point Im trying to make is that if Jones really believes everything he says about Paul and how important it really is to get him elected, that he should put his money where his mouth is and donate the profit from this "money bomb" to Paul's campaign.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by e11888

I think we are on the same page....I said what I said in response to your put your money where your mouth is comment. I just dont personally believe he does support him that strongly that he will put the money into the campaign, both directly and indirectly because of the laws on contributions. I know he is trying to expand but I think this is more important as well, he could expand with virtually no cost in other way, atleast in terms of listening audience

top topics

join