It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will The Real Christians Please Stand UP.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
If your wondering what I mean when I say Real Christians, I'm talking to those who know that...

"8 ...“The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart", (that is, the word of faith which we preach):
9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:8-10

And that....

15 Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God.
16 And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him.

And that....

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

And that...

Galatians 2:20
I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

1 John 5:12
He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.

1 John 5:13
These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God.

1 John 5:20
And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us an understanding, that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life.

1 Corinthians 12:3
Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God calls Jesus accursed, and no one can say that Jesus is Lord except by the Holy Spirit.

If you honestly believe all of these verses then star and flag this thread and the let it be known.

Only a Real Christian will agree with ALL of the verses above. I just want to know who the Real Christians are on this forum.
edit on 23-10-2011 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
So tired of the preaching of religion I see on this sight, and this thread doesn't even attempt pose a conspiracy at all...

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker
Only a Real Christian will agree with ALL of the verses above. I just want to know who the Real Christians are on this forum.

Why does it matter who the real christians are on this sight? It is a conspiracy sight not a religious discussion sight. although religious conspiracy is OK discuss here.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Are you seeking specific people who also believe the exact same "text" as you do? Maybe for some mutual comfort and relief? Living one's life based on text from a book that's questionable is a noble effort, but is it logical? I'm saying this after 12+ years of Catholic schooling with church forced upon me all my life.
If anyone gets it, it's me. If there's anyone who doesn't get it, it's me.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet

Why does it matter who the real christians are on this sight? It is a conspiracy sight not a religious discussion sight. although religious conspiracy is OK discuss here.

Maybe I'm implying that those who claim to be christian are in fact imposters. Is that not a conspiracy? If one claims to be christian but can't confess and agree with the above verses then they must be fake. This is a free speech forum, or am I incorrect in saying that?

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by RealTruthSeeker

Christianity, Islam & Judaism are all religions that have their roots in theistic ideologies. For example there are quite a few parallels between Christianity and Ancient Egyptian religion. But most people don't know this, because they have no clue what the "Book of the Dead" and"Pyramid Texts" are.
edit on 10/23/2011 by IEtherianSoul9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
real Christians?

Is that like trademarked?

Now with 20% more "REAL CHRISTIAN FLAVOR!"
Salvation guaranteed or your money back.
Act now operators are standing by.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   

So tired of the preaching of religion I see on this sight, and this thread doesn't even attempt pose a conspiracy at all...

If your tired of hearing it then don't respond. Responding in a negative fashion only shows that you get a kick of trying to debunk. Nevertheless, you are free to state your thoughts.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
In heaven there is no classification of ones standing. There is only believers and non believers. True believers are the ones who know God will take care of everything and don't dabbled with good and bad, only good. If you think only Christians are going to heaven, you are surely mistaken.

In the end, all that matters is where you heart is to god.

A true Christian to man's standards can still be considered lost by above, and thats what truely matters.
edit on 23-10-2011 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Actually this is in the off topic section of the site. If one reads the description for forum, you will see the op is fine.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
In heaven there is no classification of ones standing. There is only believers and non believers. True believers are the ones who know God will take care of everything and don't dabbled with good and bad, only good. If you think only Christians are going to heaven, you are surely mistaken.

In the end, all that matters is where you heart is to god.

A true Christian to man's standards can still be considered lost by above, and thats what truely matters.
edit on 23-10-2011 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

That may be true for those who do not truly believe in the message of Jesus. I see alot of so-called believers in Christ on this forum, I just want to separate the wheat from the shaft. Naturally a Real Christian would agree with this thread and would not be afraid to admit it.

But I guess that there are......also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord who bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction.
2 Peter 2:1-3

Jude 1:4
For certain men have crept in unnoticed, who long ago were marked out for this condemnation, ungodly men, who turn the grace of our God into lewdness and deny the only Lord God and our Lord Jesus Christ.

Moreover

But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven. Matthew 10:33

Again, just trying to separate the wheat from the shaft. What's wrong with that? If one is scared to admit their belief then their belief is not in them.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

If you worded the op differently, I think you would have gotten a different response. Imo.

By the way, Jesus is Lord!

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   

If you honestly believe all of these verses then star and flag this thread and the let it be known.

Not to be a prick but nobody has S&F this thread... -.- (facepalm)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unvarnished

Not to be a prick but nobody has S&F this thread... -.- (facepalm)

LOL, I never said they had to post
. But in fairness to the thread it is still new so let's give it some time. Hopefully it doesn't turnout like the ""I AM"" thread I posted. Dozens of IAM usernames but not one response from any of them. I think we're striking some nerves here.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Sure.

A/ We just need to sort out the authenticity of the initial message and settle the questions of if it was hijacked and hijacked by whom.

B/ Then the editing, translation and general censorship questions of the bible must be considered.

C/ Next comes the extra-biblical supportive crutches of 'lesser' doctrines, which are created to give more credibility to the 'big', original doctrines.

D/ And after that the 'golden key' of interpretation:

1/ Is the christian mythological manual expected to be taken literally, in spite of its incoherence and self-contradictions (in which case scholasticism comes in handy with its inverted logic and its talking everything and everybody to terminal boredom and confusion)?

2/ Is this mythological manual expected to be taken symbolically, in which case mytho-poetical interpretations will be in vogue. Black becomes white; the 'god of the gap' is 'real', because a gap is real (I actually once heard that here on this forum); wheat, chaff, sheep, fish and dead olive-trees become everything and nothing ~ snakkadagai (a local expression for excessive language embellishments).

3/ Is this mythological manual to be understood, because it contains secret numerological codes.

4/ Is this mythological manual only accessible, if you have some individual elitist quality, say e.g. an 'approved' holy spirit which can make the elected produce gibberish (and sometimes another 'approved' holy spirit, which can 'translate' the gibberish). Do you need to have a zombified slave-mind, where turning off will, rational reasoning and sometimes even the concept of causality are pre-requisites to 'grok' this manual.

5/ Is this mythological manual expected to 'understood' by 'gut-feelings', sometimes leading to the extreme of where such 'gutting' results in people talking with themselves, mistaking their inner dialogue for communication with some divine entity (this is not saying that ALL anomalous experiences are fantasies. But there is a GREAT deal of hysteria present in this area).

6/ Are dubious 'prophecies' the key?

7/ When all the above has been said, disputed and quibbled about, is the time-honoured christian way of violence the last resort for settling, who the 'real' christians are?

Until all these hurdles towards establishing 'true' christianity are overcome, christians can go on with their: "My way is superior", and entertain the rest of the world with this amusing spiel (amusing at least until it reaches inquisition-level, when it's not funny anymore).

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   

If your wondering what I mean when I say Real Christians, I'm talking to those who know that...
For so many hundreds of years, being a real Christian had nothing to do with believing in any Bible verses. It meant paying your tithes to support a clergy who were part of the governmental infrastructure of the state. You were obligated to show up at church every Sunday unless you had a written doctor's excuse. You had a spot on the pew that you were assigned as your sitting place. If you were not in your spot at worship service, the church police would be at your door to force you to comply. You did all the prescribed obligatory rituals, showed up for confession so all your doings were known, and you followed all instructions given to you by the priest. You were never to look at a Bible to actually read but only to briefly touch with your hand as a sign of reverence to the God written about in that book, a book only for the properly ordained to read.
edit on 23-10-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I'm not going to comment on everything that has proceeded my post... I'd rather stay on-topic and simply state this:

Jesus Christ is Lord.

Every day, every time I read, every time I look at the world around me, or read this site and its many discussions... every single day I see new truth in God's Word; things I've read a thousand times but never fully understood... and all I can do is say, "come, Lord Jesus".

Time is short... and God is calling. If you want to argue against the Bible, fine... if you want to dispute the Truth in it, that's also fine... but if you genuinely want to call yourself a Truth-seeker, you'll have to start by reading... earnestly reading and seeking the truth in God's Word. Start with the book of John, then read the book of Romans... then post back here and talk with us. Still think it's rubbish? That's okay - but at least now you have an informed opinion.

I'd love to see how many people take up that challenge - and I'd hardly be surprised if nobody did.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

... and all I can do is say, "come, Lord Jesus".
That happened a long time ago, back with the Apostles on Pentecost. Jesus told them that they should be happy because he was leaving.
John 17:13
But now I am coming to you, and I am saying these things in the world, so they may experience my joy completed in themselves.

Jesus came in person already, to say these words so we would experience joy.
Jesus came in the resurrected person to heaven to speak these words to our hearts through the spirit he was able to send to us on account of his being in heaven.
When it says in Revelation he is coming, it is in the present tense, the same Greek word as in the verse I just quoted. Jesus is coming to us right now, as he has been for a very long time. You need to feel joy now, or for some reason the spirit is not reaching you. It is probably being blocked by a satanic spirit of unhappiness which is the ant-christ. You need to have your soul purified of that demonic spirit so God's spirit can come into you so you can have a real Christian experience, rather than the one you are currently having which is being one of the children of wrath.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

You wrote:

["Jesus Christ is Lord.

Every day, every time I read, every time I look at the world around me, or read this site and its many discussions... every single day I see new truth in God's Word; things I've read a thousand times but never fully understood... and all I can do is say, "come, Lord Jesus". ]

Fine...that is YOUR PERSONAL truth. If you transgress the subjectivity in that individual choice and pretend some overall objectivity in it, which you want to push at mankind, you're just part of one of the invasive factions of christianity, with their basically ideological fascism.

Many christians do not understand such distinctions, so you may be confused from reading the above.

Quote: ["Time is short... and God is calling. If you want to argue against the Bible, fine... if you want to dispute the Truth in it, that's also fine... but if you genuinely want to call yourself a Truth-seeker, you'll have to start by reading"9

It goes without saying, that any reality/truth-seeking starts with familiarizing yourself with the associated material (I wish christian missionaries hijacking science/logic would follow this advice).

Quote: ["earnestly reading and seeking the truth in God's Word."]

A preachy self-contradiction. The truth-seeker's aim is to establish IF there IS any 'truth' present. Not to assume there already is a 'truth', and then washing it out from the biblical confusion.

Quote: [" Start with the book of John, then read the book of Romans... then post back here and talk with us."]

No self-appointed guru delusions-of-grandeur, please. People can make up their own minds.

Quote: ["Still think it's rubbish? That's okay - but at least now you have an informed opinion."]

And what makes you think, that the general opposition to christian pushyness on this forum isn't 'informed' from the start?

Quote: ["I'd love to see how many people take up that challenge -"]

No worries, mate. You'll get challenged to your hearts desire. But I believe you need to upgrade the quality of your efforts. We're not all zombies here.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

No self-appointed guru delusions-of-grandeur, please.
If someone actually was grand, then it would not be a delusion?
I would hate to think what sort of reaction a person not already being familiar with the Bible would have, following that advise, to read Romans and John. A grand guru would write a beginners version and post it here, then that would be something.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join