It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cooking the Books on Tax and Liberty! Lets try a new recipe shall we?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Explanation: Hi-Ho!
Hermit The Blog here ...

I was watching a youtube vid on "The Five Basic Forms Of Government Explained"

Found Here!

[Note I havent embedded it as its just the inspiration for this thread and I am only focusing on a very small part of the vid]

.. and I came across a graph used in that vid [linked above] that basically showed Total Gov on the left and No Gov on the right and it occured to me to use that graph to represent what I think would be a FAIR Tax Rate to pay for the level of nannying we would get in return.

[Note I have edited the screen grabbed picture to include the words "Tax Rate" ]

Under this proposed new recipe ... what tax level would my fellow members be willing to pay?

Personal Disclosure: I would also like to point out that I can also see that graph as a responsibility map in regards to who is ultimately legally responsible (to the degree of control) if anything goes wrong!

So with 100% Tax and 100% Gov ... if I stub my toe for any reason... thats their fault!

P.S. I hope this threads issue is a tasty one!

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

If you stub your toe the government would remove it so you would be sure to never have the problem again.

Serious answer though, I'd be willing to pay a single 15% tax rate. Meaning, no taxing my dollar twice.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I am pay a single 10% tax rate. This will never happen though. We pay hidden taxes all over the place and new ones keep popping up all over. There is town close to me called Red Lodge and they have for the last few years added a Resort tax on everything there like a sales tax. There is no sales tax in Montana.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
so the big question

what is too much gov. and whats too little gov.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Explanation: Bumped to help generate ad revenue!

Personal Disclosure: Enjoy!

top topics

join