It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Forgotten

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
The great wheel of the year spins round and Samhain fast approaches; heralding the end of another cycle and the imminent arrival of the final season; the season of rest. When, Demeter, Persephone and nature itself goes to slumber in the halls and land of the dead. It is the season when many cultures honor their ancestors and those that came before us.

And though, many of us, take a moment to honor our grandfathers and grandmothers and loved ones who have passed, how many of us, take a moment to think of the multitudes of men and women who lived, struggled and died, so that we may be here today? The generations and lines of our people flowing back into the ages of prehistory, whose names are no longer spoken, whose tales are no longer told and whose deeds are no longer sung.

In this season, I for one shall say a prayer of honor and thanks to these forgotten ones, who I may not remember, but whose DNA and blood still flows in my veins. I shall thank and honor them for surviving the untold hardships they faced, the famines, droughts, plagues and catastrophes, so that I could live. I also shall apologize to them and ask forgiveness for me and the current generations, who only seem to care for themselves and think nothing of the multitudes of future generations, yet left to come.

I apologize for not being able to create a better world for those future generations and I say a prayer that by some miracle they may be born. And I also pray that maybe thousands of years from now one of them will look back and say a prayer of honor and thanks for me, when I too have become one of the forgotten.

And now I shall raise the dead. A dead thread and plan, bringing them back through the gates of Osiris.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 22-10-2011 by themessengernevermatters because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by themessengernevermatters

And though, many of us, take a moment to honor our grandfathers and grandmothers and loved ones who have passed, how many of us, take a moment to think of the multitudes of men and women who lived, struggled and died, so that we may be here today? The generations and lines of our people flowing back into the ages of prehistory, whose names are no longer spoken, whose tales are no longer told and whose deeds are no longer sung.

Interesting and relevant post. The ones that you are thanking are truly YOU. For we are all connected in so many multitudes of ways - I don't even pretend to understand it all. However, through reincarnation, you (and I) are our own ancestors.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by themessengernevermatters
The great wheel of the year spins round and Samhain fast approaches; heralding the end of another cycle and the imminent arrival of the final season; the season of rest. When, Demeter, Persephone and nature itself goes to slumber in the halls and land of the dead. It is the season when many cultures honor their ancestors and those that came before us.

In this season, I for one shall say a prayer of honor and thanks to these forgotten ones, who I may not remember, but whose DNA and blood still flows in my veins. I shall thank and honor them for surviving the untold hardships they faced, the famines, droughts, plagues and catastrophes, so that I could live. I also shall apologize to them and ask forgiveness for me and the current generations, who only seem to care for themselves and think nothing of the multitudes of future generations, yet left to come.

I apologize for not being able to create a better world for those future generations and I say a prayer that by some miracle they may be born. And I also pray that maybe thousands of years from now one of them will look back and say a prayer of honor and thanks for me, when I too have become one of the forgotten.

And now I shall raise the dead. A dead thread and plan, bringing them back through the gates of Osiris.

And Isis shall always be there to meet you....worry not.

Those you honor....know before the thought enters your mind.

Worry Not My Friend....The Universe Knows.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by angellicview

Yep, they all died and yet here we all still are, and we will die. It's kind of funny and amuzing, and I'm sure, quite neccessary.

new topics

top topics

join