It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Self Governing Problem Solvers Integrate Ideas Here

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Having recently joined ATS I have made a few observations. There are a lot of people who feel/sense/believe/know/dream/research about changes in Society. Earth is included in terms of terrestrial and weather conditions. Our immediate atmosphere and the surrounding space and the Universe are all discussed and pondered - okay argued about as well!

I am wondering whether it is possible for all our minds to come together - via this thread - courtesy of the ATS website to discuss our Global Future.

I don't presume to have all the answers but I do ponder my personal theories on methods we could utilise to solve problems. I submit to all those who are interested, my personal evaluation on where we are at on the planet and look at the problems I see as the most urgent.

Global population is currently at the 7 billion mark. Consider that every person contributes to the daily levels of sewerage (I know some more than others dependent on the bulls**t monitor being used - just showing I have a sense of humour!) Also every person contributes to the daily garbage, factor in medicinal chemicals taken by many people. I add medicines as the human body excretes what it does not utilise and medicinal chemicals are being detected in water tests in various parts of the world.

The questions I ask about sewerage and garbage.

When will Earths water reach the point where it can no longer be purified? The water we have is what was given at Earths conception. Essentially we do not have access to another source of water in terms of within our atmosphere.

When can we stop adding to garbage? Consider all the oil, minerals and other elements we extract from the Earth and the fact that what we do put back are huge garbage tips - all over the world. There is even a huge submerged garbage pile in the Pacific Ocean that is reaching the 90 kms mark in terms of depth.

Other areas of deep concern to me are Education, Homelessness, Food and Health. Personally I do not want to live in a society that uses money and please don't suggest the barter system - we tried that and money appears to have stemmed from barter. What I am aiming for, with my thinking and creative cognizance is a way to live that we have never tried before primarily because we've never been given the chance.

Was difficult to be brief but for those who were inspired enough to read all the way through I look forward to all ideas, thoughts and concepts. To those who want to be negative, while I respect your right to be that way I will not be giving you my energy, concern or attention.

Why did I write this thread? Primarily because I am not going to wait for the governing bodies of the world to take action I still have faith in people - although some days I see and read about human behaviour that denies any logic. I want to believe that without aggression - war - greed - riots or protest people can work through their societal problems. Whether I am right or wrong does not concern me it is the fact that I was not afraid to tackle difficult issues. We don't need a leader but what we do need is to lead ourselves away from the problems on this Earth that may be our demise.

Hope I have started this thread in the appropriate forum. Please help me out by moving it should I have made an inappropriate choice.

Much Peace...

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
The only real solution is collapse.
Only then can things restore a natural balance.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by rom12345

Working with your theory that means we have to pollute the Earth until it collapses.
I understand your comment.
How do we rebuild when the water is completely polluted and we are overwhelmed with garbage.

All things considered - your comment is possible - would you agree that on rebuilding we cannot live the same way lest we repeat the cycle?

Much Peace...

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
It will restore its self after the "weeds" are gone
We must not pollute rivers, in the mean time
But a look at Google Earth reveals humanity to be a terrible blight on the planet.
It can only restore once the infection is cured.
No amount of symptomatic relief will help

The Earth will not die, The 'infection" will run it's course

edit on 23-10-2011 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
The Earth is naturally abundant, it is foolish to be anything but grateful for a self managing system. The problems we find ourselves in are due to desire to manage nature. To return to the earth we must be like animals again, at least for a time.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Ouch

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

What message are you telling here?
That's where we have been - where we are currently - or where we are going?

Much Peace...

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

If ATS is a model of society as a whole, we are doomed and the end will be soon. If it is not a model of society, then we are doomed, but it will take longer.

Often times there is no discussion of ideas, only shouting and name calling. Look at discussions of OWS, Israel, Religion, Politics, Economic Systems, or the Death Penalty, to name just a few. (And I'm not referencing only ATS, but the society as a whole.)

There are very few people who go into a conversation with the attitude that they may be wrong, and that they should be anxious to find and explore the good in another's position. The goal is simply to win, or at least shut up, the opposition.

I am wary of those who attack the individual presenting an idea, as I am of those who say there is no good idea available, destroy everything.

So, the problem I have with the headline is that I see no evidence of a desire to integrate ideas, only to see their own win. (For that matter, there are very few people satisfied to be self-governing, they have the desire to govern others.)

This probably hasn't been well expressed, but I'd be delighted to talk about it.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

Poster Rom came into this room and basically sat down on the form of hope you seemed to be expressing. That we as a people might work out our problems, find solutions and go about making a better world for our selves and descendents.

This hope which is fundamental to any chance of correcting our problems was laid bare by Roms position. And a rather valid position I must admit.

The bambi cartoon represents innocence and indeed Polyannaism. To my mind, the position expressed by Rom calls out the Polyannaism of hope and without hope nothing has any chance of improving.

So basically the cartoon expresses this juxtaposition of hope and no hope due to the overwhelming forces which seem to be upon us.

As I had been moved by your OP, one of hope and what to do with it, Rom's post called the whole position into question. Do we even have reason to hope or are we, as Professor Harold Hill in "The Music Man" questions "closing our eyes to a situation we do not wish to acknowledge?"

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Your idea is a good one! I don't claim to offer any solutions to our current situation. When things change, I'll absolutely know what not to do!

This video shows a lot. My heart is one with the whole world! It's very sad!

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Thanks for replying. I simply had an idea and expressed it in words. The reason for sharing my idea was to see whether anyone else was thinking along same or similar lines. I know too well how corrupt society has been all through history however I still people who are very motivated to do what is right.

Essentially I believe that this existence we are in cannot be all gloom and doom it cannot be merely a futile experience - it must mean something. I suppose I am of the belief that as long as we can learn by studying the mess we are in - then and only then can we learn.

I must say I am intrigued by the fatalism expressed in the first posts.

Much Peace...

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by blazenresearcher

What a confronting film. Thank you for sharing it's sentiments it makes me sad but it gives me hope because I do not feel as though I am the only one seeing our current situation in all its ugly glory.

We may not have the answers but I placed my thoughts in a thread as a way of - perhaps - starting a dialogue that might lead us - perhaps - collectively to some ideas. Knowing there are others who are fully awake and aware means that an undercurrent is present. Anyone who has been swimming in a river or ocean will know the undercurrent is far stronger than anything near the surface.

You say you don't have the answers but you just stimulated my thinking - that's a start and it is what I had hoped would happen when I posted this thread. I hope you have other thoughts to share - not just with me but with others who will stumble across this thread.

Much Peace...

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Dear Amanda5,

You've got a good point that I must have rushed past the first time around.

I know too well how corrupt society has been all through history however I still people who are very motivated to do what is right.
Sure, my fatalistic side says we are breaking into opposing camps who will fight to the death, but what if we fiddle with the motivation side of the equation? The easiest would have been to have science say "The earth is dying, you have five years to cooperate and you'll start to see the deaths beginning next year." That's a great motivator, but science has used that one over and over. It's hard to believe it any more. So maybe the solution is two-fold, studying what would be a good motivator as well as

studying the mess we are in

Essentially I believe that this existence we are in cannot be all gloom and doom it cannot be merely a futile experience - it must mean something.
Well, science has no hope for you there. However many millions of years it takes, it will all wind down to nothing. Now outside of science is a different story...

Much Peace...
And to you.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

It is a very moving video and I am glad that it stimulated your thoughts. Solutions are starting to form. We can never return to the way it has been. Creativity plays a huge roll in shaping a new society.

It may sound cliche, but love, compassion, creative solutions that benefit the many, not just the few is how we will move forward.

It's ugly right now, but the pain and suffering will give birth to a higher consciousness. The best thing that one individual can do right now is hold a vision of beauty, peace and harmony. Hold a higher standard for humanity and don't be swayed. Your thoughts are powerful.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Star + Flag.

I came across a site called 'President Elect 2012. They have a poll showing that 80% of voters would consider an alternative presidential ticket in the upcoming election. Americans Elect is a nonpartisan nonprofit whose only mission is to let the American people directly nominate their choice for president. The site seems to be a great idea--

ANY REGISTERED VOTER can sign up and become a delegate. And you can still vote in your party's primary.
A NONPARTISAN TICKET on the 2012 ballot. Americans Elect finalists must choose a VP from a party other than their own.
AN EQUAL VOTE for every voter—no matter what party you belong to or the date of your state's primary.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by theovermensch

Hello - thank you for responding. What a good idea you have shared. Where did you read about this was it in a place where the general populous would see it?

Would you put yourself out there?
I wonder whether anyone on Above Top Secret is interested?

Gosh I have not asked so many questions in a long time - you have certainly stimulated my intellect. Thank you for the star and flag - I think that might be my first flag - this is my first thread - cool and groovy.

Much Peace...

new topics

top topics

join