It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok, Harold Camping was wrong AGAIN about the J-Day. Will he give it another shot or will give up?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by mugger

Seems pretty straight forward to me.I do not think there is one man who can predict the return of the Lord.

True, but Jesus gave to Peter the signs to look for when the time was near for the Lord to return, and those signs are beginning to happen in our time. We may not know the exact hour or day, but we can triagulate a specific time period using the signs Jesus gave and the signs that are in the bible both OT and NT. These signs being natural disasters on a scale mankind hasn't seen before, massive wildfires, blood moons and solar eclipses, wars and rumors of wars and now because of the 24 hour news networks and satellite tv, the entire world will know the day Jesus sets foot on the Mt. of Olives when the judgement begins. The blood moon is a symbol of the sword of judgement, a foreshadowing of what is to come.
edit on 23-10-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

Yawn. Another false prophet spreading lies and fear mongering. How many is that now? Jim Jones, David Koresh, Warren Jeffs, Harold Camping, Marshall Applewhite. Anyone know of any other looney tunes false prophets claiming to have the ear of God?

No true prophet of God would dare claim that title because by claiming that you insert your vanity and pride into the mix and vanity and pride are sins. It was the people who heard the messages of the prophets and saw their miracles that called them prophets of God.

Two thumbs down for Satan's false prophet puppets

So right! It was people who gave them the title of Prophet. Only Jesus said clearly who He was. No man, not even John The Baptist, ever self anointed! When John was asked who he was did not say that about himself, yet Jesus said John was a Prophet and "more than a Prophet" (Jesus Words).

Any true Christian will not be deceived by these false spirits that make homes in men's souls. The Holy Spirit will protect them with the Truth written in our hearts.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Has South Park done a show on this?

Well they should.

All kinds of funny.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6

Originally posted by kalunom
Judas played an important role in the story of the Crucifixion. We need false prophets to play their roles in the end-times. The real end-times.

What the heck did Judas ever prophesy??

I didn't say Judas prophesied anything. I said he played an important role in a story. My point being that, perhaps, Harold Camping is also playing an important role in the end-times story which involves false prophets.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
well they made a few quid its time to shut up shop.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Seems a bit odd to focus on Oct 21 date of Camping's if the original date of May 21 had no meaning or failed to produce an "event".

Seriously, unless you or your loved ones were "Raptured" on May 21 then I don't see how this second date, which was foretold at the time of the first date, would amount to anything for that individual.

Camping did not not come up with this Oct 21 date separate from the original May 21 date.

However, on a personal note, I was Raptured on May 21, Spiritually, and I was Judged on Oct 21, Spiritually.

I believe that I am no longer the person I once was and that I am in a mode of Repentance of my Sins. I am changing because my Repentance is less about preventing me from sin but more about washing me of the very essence of that Sin. This is the key for me in preventing demonic forces from encapsulating me with the madness of Man. I am no longer of Society! Now as the passing of "All that was" continues I can move forward without the weight of "what once was", even as I watch the World die before my very eyes!

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I cannot believe I am responding to this....(laughing out loud)......I say give it a rest......ignore the man...and move on.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Could you give some verses that actually mention "rapture"?

There are none. Period. The whole thing was made up by a bunch of evangelical nuts.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
hes really dosent look much sillier than the rest of the bible drones when u look at the big picture.

harold just has a problem with gambling calendar dates

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Riffrafter

reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Could you give some verses that actually mention "rapture"?

There are none. Period. The whole thing was made up by a bunch of evangelical nuts.

My point exactly.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
See Harold Campings people think he had a stroke and is in a rest home, but it was just a story that was implanted in their mind during the rapture. Harold and others have been raptured and here we sit with out illusions of why they arent here or having the thought that they never existed at all.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by tHEpROGRESSIVE
Do any of the rest of you have a sense that some of the people in your lives are missing? Its like a faint recollection for me and only one person. I am thinking that very few must have really been raptured.

I haven't read the whole thread yet, so don't know if this has been addressed. Have you thought that maybe your wife left you, took all her photos with her...no rapture. She just got tired of listening to your rants?

Maybe she...just...left...you. She didn't leave the rest of the world,.....just you.

ETA: I personally can't think of any Woman that would stay with a nut case like you, unless she were one too.
edit on 23-10-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-10-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution9

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

Yawn. Another false prophet spreading lies and fear mongering. How many is that now? Jim Jones, David Koresh, Warren Jeffs, Harold Camping, Marshall Applewhite. Anyone know of any other looney tunes false prophets claiming to have the ear of God?

No true prophet of God would dare claim that title because by claiming that you insert your vanity and pride into the mix and vanity and pride are sins. It was the people who heard the messages of the prophets and saw their miracles that called them prophets of God.

Two thumbs down for Satan's false prophet puppets

So right! It was people who gave them the title of Prophet. Only Jesus said clearly who He was. No man, not even John The Baptist, ever self anointed! When John was asked who he was did not say that about himself, yet Jesus said John was a Prophet and "more than a Prophet" (Jesus Words).

Any true Christian will not be deceived by these false spirits that make homes in men's souls. The Holy Spirit will protect them with the Truth written in our hearts.

You are correct, but we have been infiltrated by wolves in sheep's clothing. These "psuedo-christians" are the ones who run amoke causing havoc, and wars, and sex cults that give us a bad name. The entire world blames us all for what the minions of satan do. The Last Days are upon us, and seem to be coming to a close according to the signs Jesus gave to Peter that we are beginning to see happen.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
The belief in the "rapture" is based partially on 1 Thessalonians 4:16–17, which states, "For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the archangel’s call, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first; then we who are alive, who are left, shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air; and so we shall always be with the Lord."

The problem with this is: As you can see, Paul, or whoever wrote this in his name (and there ARE problems with this book) believed that Christ would return DURING THEIR LIFETIME - they were convinced of this! This is why he writes "WE who are alive".

Yet, since Paul died and Christ did not come - this "error" had to be corrected - thus the 2 Thessalonians was written - almost unanimously accepted as NOT have been authored by Paul.
And in this one Paul's claim that Christ's return is "at hand" was diametrically changed to created a belief that he would return before the End Times and not now!

So, just another example of all the tragi-comedy that surrounds the Bible manuscripts.

If you base your beliefs on it - while knowing that MOST of it has no divine origin at all - then it is YOUR fault for falling for the results.

I seriously do not understand why evangelists refuse to see these absolute facts - I mean it is RIGHT THERE in front of your eyes - the contradiction - the 180 degree change. You CAN SEE how *someone* "fixed" the 2 Thessalonians as to save Paul's blunders in his first letter, proving CLEARLY that HE WAS NOT a prophet of God nor had he the authority to write in the Name of God - but JUST LIKE CAMPING he also was a lunatic who deceived himself first then apparently the whole of Christianity.

And YOU wonder why people believe and follow Camping?!

Seriously?

Ask yourself then, why do you follow Paul??

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   

reply to post by Amadeo

I seem to have a faint recollection that I had a wife but she is no longer hear nor is she in any of the pictures around the house.
I thought God was supposed to be infallible? If that's so, how come his brain-wiping techniques are flawed, allowing to partially remember your wife? You're an idiot.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Do any of the rest of you have a sense that some of the people in your lives are missing? Its like a faint recollection for me and only one person. I am thinking that very few must have really been raptured.
No.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   

reply to post by tHEpROGRESSIVE

Good grief. The doctrine of the rapture was created by a Scottish preacher in 1830.

There is no REAL thing as a rapture.

Apparently he was right. So I guess he did not just make it up.

Why is it apparent?
Because you "think" you were married but you have no Proof??

Well yeah, DUH! I would have to be crazy to think I was married just a few days ago and now I have no wife or proof of one. Even my kids do not recall her. I asked them how they got here with no mother and they said they were adopted. Our minds have been scrambled by God.
Absolute nonsense. If even a shred of this is true and you do have kids I fell very sorry for them. Are you seriously suggesting that you don't know where your kids came from? Why aren't other single parents around the world suddenly wondering why they have kids? Utter drivel. You should be ashamed.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
so if hes a fool becuase he cant proove his religious beliefs to be true..
that means anyone that cant proove their religious beliefs to be true is most likely a fool as well

ok.. im down with that

make it so,.... fools

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Even a tied up, stuck in the basement Stevie Wonder could see that his predictions were hilariously wrong in advance of the actual dates they were supposed to happen.

Hopefully Camping and the people who still believe him just give up already.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
the report on Yahoo News this morning, Wednesday the 2nd of November 2012
has Camping stepping down as the voice of the radio show
and stopping predicting dates for the return of the Lord.

see:

Camping predicted that the rapture would occur May 21 "beyond the shadow of a doubt." That initial foray into end-times forecasting sparked a media frenzy, spreading word of Earth's pending moment of reckoning far and wide, and leading some believers to begin making preparations.

When the big day came and went without incident, Camping suffered a stroke. Later, he revised his prediction, saying on the group's website that it was only a spiritual judgment that occurred in May, and that the rapture would in fact take place October 21.

Four days after this latest prophecy failed to pan out, ...The radio preacher is said to have resigned as head of the Family Radio organization, after incorrectly predicting the arrival of the rapture, in which Christian believers would be lifted to Heaven, twice in recent months...

.Many believers doubted Camping's credibility all along.
He first predicted the end of the world in 1992, saying it would come in 1994

news.yahoo.com...

well, we can close the chapter on this guy, but we can't close the book...
there will forever be a queue of preachers saying "the Lord is even at the Door"....

good luck all

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join