It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok, Harold Camping was wrong AGAIN about the J-Day. Will he give it another shot or will give up?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Beliefs are something fascinating.

If someone believes, he can hear the greatest nonsense and BS by the biggest scammers and fraudsters, and DESPITE BEING PROVEN WRONG multiple times - the believer will *still* continue to believe and turn the failed prediction/prophecy etc. around, instead of realizing the evidence of proof that he was lied to and scammed to...taking the proof of the failure and bend it (mentally) so it fits in the belief system - YES EVEN CONFIRMS IT.
(Aka: The failed prediction is now actually a hint and evidence that the prediction was, in fact, right
)

It's really fascinating from a psychological point of view - but then on the other hand not surprising. Because a belief system "happens in the mind" (otherwise it wouldn't be a belief system)...and people are too egoistical, arrogant, ignorant whatsoever to admit (for themselves) that they were wrong, mislead etc....so their mind is working hard to construct a reality so that it, at the end, it fits in their belief again and they can sleep calmly knowing "they are right".

The fascinating thing is...that the complex "constructing of a false reality" is given preference over a much more simpler explanation...eg. that someone is simply lying, scamming, crazy etc.....which is actually similar to a psychosis - when reality is being replaced or cannot be recognized anymore....the mind is not able anymore to come to simple "rational" conclusions. It's actually sad.
edit on 22-10-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Messianic / Prophetic beliefs are the problem here
Besides we don't need a prophesy to totally f@#$ck things up.

we face a Malthusian catasrphe which mainly due to the fact that human beings have elevated their right to existence above that of the natural world.
The churches and gods, you subscribe to have given you this justification.

I think people should get off their high horse and do what is needed to not have your prescribed Armageddon.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by tHEpROGRESSIVE
reply to post by Amadeo

I know that you are trying to help in your own way and I appreciate that. I guess there isn't much I can do about it but face my future.

Your future will be a whole lot brighter if you go and speak to someone qualified to help you through whatever it is you're going through. If things are as gloomy as you think then you've nothing to lose by doing so, right?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Great debate, Half doubting Thomas's, and the rest going all Jack Van Impe on them. I love it.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Well sometimes what we expect is not what God had planned. Just look back to the time of Jesus. People expected a warrior and a great leader, but they got a messiah of love and peace.

They expected a warrior king because they were expecting King David # 2, when the Lord outright told the adama that he would send a savior when they fell, all that was required of the adama and eve and their children was to believe the Lord would save them. Those that believed the savior would come went to the place later referred to as Abraham's bosom to rest until Jesus rescued them after his death but before his resurrection. The jews clearly did not know who their God was, he walked amoung them and they didn't even know he was Jesus. God came to earth in the form of Jesus to show man how to live by his laws according to him, because until that point man had been corrupting God's laws and living them according to man, which is one reason why Jesus got pissed and kicked over the table of the money lenders and gamblers in the temple.

However, Jesus will return as the conqueror they were expecting in his second coming, and only 144k jews will make it to heaven and those being who accept him as the Lord and savior. You have the option to bow down willingly with love to him, or you will be forced down by his sheer willpower. Every knee shall bow, living and dead, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is the Lord.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amadeo

reply to post by Amadeo

I know that you are trying to help in your own way and I appreciate that. I guess there isn't much I can do about it but face my future.

Your future will be a whole lot brighter if you go and speak to someone qualified to help you through whatever it is you're going through. If things are as gloomy as you think then you've nothing to lose by doing so, right?

Maybe you are right. I know a good Christian based counseling service that is not too far away. Maybe I will call them on Monday. I am sure lots of people will need counseling to get through this.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Well sometimes what we expect is not what God had planned. Just look back to the time of Jesus. People expected a warrior and a great leader, but they got a messiah of love and peace.

They expected a warrior king because they were expecting King David # 2, when the Lord outright told the adama that he would send a savior when they fell, all that was required of the adama and eve and their children was to believe the Lord would save them. Those that believed the savior would come went to the place later referred to as Abraham's bosom to rest until Jesus rescued them after his death but before his resurrection. The jews clearly did not know who their God was, he walked amoung them and they didn't even know he was Jesus. God came to earth in the form of Jesus to show man how to live by his laws according to him, because until that point man had been corrupting God's laws and living them according to man, which is one reason why Jesus got pissed and kicked over the table of the money lenders and gamblers in the temple.

However, Jesus will return as the conqueror they were expecting in his second coming, and only 144k jews will make it to heaven and those being who accept him as the Lord and savior. You have the option to bow down willingly with love to him, or you will be forced down by his sheer willpower. Every knee shall bow, living and dead, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is the Lord.

You are right and this makes me feel better. It also explains why apparently so few were raptured. We are no different than those that came before us and it is understandable that just like the people of Jesus time we have misunderstood the message and found ourselves on the wrong side of the fence.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jondave
Great debate, Half doubting Thomas's, and the rest going all Jack Van Impe on them. I love it.

Now you have me wondering if Jack and Rexella were raptured.

I hope they were.

See now I see yet another reason why I have been left behind. I used to joke that if Jack Van Impe went to heaven he would drive God so crazy he would hang himself. Oh, how I now regret my words.
edit on 22-10-2011 by tHEpROGRESSIVE because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by tHEpROGRESSIVE

Good grief. The doctrine of the rapture was created by a Scottish preacher in 1830.

There is no REAL thing as a rapture.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
All this rapture #e i like making a suicide pack and then chickening out.
I think those who seek the rapture, should go a rapture themselves.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6

Good grief. The doctrine of the rapture was created by a Scottish preacher in 1830.

Apparently he was right. So I guess he did not just make it up.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by Chamberf=6

The concept of the rapture has been around since the prophets in the old testament days, there is no hebrew word for being called up so they did not put it in the new testament because the apostles were for all intents and purposes hebrews (jewish hebrew). The concept is there even though the word "rapture" is relatively new.

Did you even read the material I quoted??
Did you even look at the link??

I know all about Mary Macdonald and John Darby both. The fact is that there is scripture in both the OT and NT that supports the rapture theory. In fact, there is scripture that alludes to a 2 rapture event, pre-trib and a post-trib event. Truthfully though, i don't care eitherway. If i have to die to be with Jesus then so be it. As Matthew said "It is appointed man once to die and then the judgement".

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Verses?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Why is it apparent?
Because you "think" you were married but you have no Proof??

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Why is it apparent?
Because you "think" you were married but you have no Proof??

Well yeah, DUH! I would have to be crazy to think I was married just a few days ago and now I have no wife or proof of one. Even my kids do not recall her. I asked them how they got here with no mother and they said they were adopted. Our minds have been scrambled by God.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
"O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. - Voltaire

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

I would have to be crazy to think I was married just a few days ago and now I have no wife or proof of one

Our minds have been scrambled by God

Well you are Half right...

edit on 10/22/2011 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

I will not take offense to that as I understand that a natural response to such a traumatic event would be denial. Plus if no one in your family was raptured then you would have a hard time understanding.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
It's funny that people are so surprised about him being wrong yet again, that they actually feel the need to start a thread about it... again. The guy has no knowledge of the Bible at all, or else he wouldn't have even thought about trying to fix a date for the second coming.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Well yeah, DUH! I would have to be crazy to think I was married just a few days ago and now I have no wife or proof of one. Even my kids do not recall her. I asked them how they got here with no mother and they said they were adopted. Our minds have been scrambled by God.

Dude when God, takes people, he does not wipe away their friends and families memories of the event. He raptured Enoch, and Noah knew of it and remembered it (Noah was Enochs grandson or great grandson). When God raptured Elijah, Elisha was standing right there with him and God gave Elisha twice the power he gave Elijah and Elisha never forgot his mentor and friend. God does not just simply make those that were left behind forget because he wants people to still get saved during the tribulation. Those that heard the word but did not believe will believe when the rapture happens and they will again spread the word so that many more will be saved and it is those new christians who become martyred by the anti-christ.

Are you sure youre not schizophrenic?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join