It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Paintings, I Hope They Inspire You.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I have self-taught myself how to paint. I have been doing it for around 5 years now and it releaves a lot on my mind. I hope you all enjoy it and any feedback is welcomed.

This is what I call the Yip-Yip mountains of Sol-Yoth. I got this from a story that I've been wanting to write but just haven't had the time to sit and write it.

I consider this one my dream world. The view itself I consider to be breathtaking.

This one is called The Great Whore arrives at America. Unfortunately she has already polluted much of the nation and the world.
Well, I have more but, I figure that I'd get these out first.(uploading issues and all that) Thank you for looking at them. Peace.
All are oil paintings.

edit on 22-10-2011 by PunchingBag80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by PunchingBag80

Ayaya! You forgot to put links to your work! Do so now!

EDIT: Or the ones you thought to have posted don't show...
edit on 22-10-2011 by NowanKenubi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

I'm trying, Imageshack is giving me trouble.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

you can click 'tools+' then member uploads, thats the easiest way to upload pics on ats. otherwise a link to a deviantart page is good.
either way look forward to seeing your pics.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimosa

I'm having file size error problems, don't know how to fix it.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
They may be too big as documents. It has to be under 1 meg each... I will try to find the size...

EDIT: It's 200X700 pixels for 150kb per image.
edit on 22-10-2011 by NowanKenubi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

i'm not sure what the size limits are on ats. but i'd reccomend photobucket over imageshack.
but more than that i'd recommend getting a dev'art page and linking that.
either way good luck , hope to see your pics soon.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimosa

I did it!!

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

I fixed it, please check it out.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I like the yip-yip mountains.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
First picture looks almost like a Salvador Dali. Very nice work.
edit on 22-10-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Thank you...Salvador Dali was my first inspiration as an artist, he has quite an imagination.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by gwynnhwyfar

I'm glad you do.

Here's another one, that you might like.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Your work is very "Daliesque".

I love the balance of colors on the first one.

I had to get close to the second one... The cross on the mountain is a nice touch... Which type is it?
The big planet over the mountains may be a little too charged and gives the impression it wants to be in front of the mountains. Their colors should be slightly desaturated as they are far away. Unless your intent was to put them very close.
I love the lighting effects on the mountain by the blue sun!

The third one is organic, but very cold, despite the colors. I find the effect particularly interesting. It shows a bit of "naiveté", in the land and flag and the lighting effect through the clouds. The choice of colors is interesting for those. Were they "bloodied" by the whore?

You have a good consistency in your work, bravo! You should keep at it! Don't be shy to present more!

Another question; do you know the show on PBS with Bob Ross? He is at the opposite of your style, but you could get good advices and ideas on how to treat and apply paint on the canvas for different effects. It is an old show, but very good.

Peace too!

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Those are cool and I agree Dali-esque.
Just wondering how big they are / their dimensions?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Grate work you have some talent. I have to ask, your dream world is ran by the American government? Or is that a representation of the real world (the land witch the flag is planted) and your dream world (the black void with what looks to be some type of mystery egg.) I would like to see more of your wonderful paintings.
edit on 22-10-2011 by 8ILlBILl8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

That's funny, I used to watch the late Bob Ross sometimes on KVIE just to see what he would come up with and how he would do it. "It's a happy little tree." That was the best part about him. I have a hard time with putting objects in the distance. The effect that goes along with that is hard for me to grasp. Thank you for your feedback I will continue use your advice and post more artwork as it is created. Peace.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Your second painting I really liked. It reminded me of looking at the world with hope and fascination while in a place of solemn sorrow.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Ideally, when it's far, it needs less details, or not precise. And the colors shifts, too. Look at a mountain from far away. It becomes a pale blue as you get far from it.

You can also look at pictures and what effects distance and lighting conditions have on the terrain and objects.
From there, you can easily expand and play. You have the imagination and the talent for it.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Yeah mine too. I love Salvador Dali's work.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join