It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is everyone on the Ron Paul bandwagon?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Personally, like someone else said, he's the best candidate out of bad candidates. But to me he seems humble and doesn't look fake like that Romney guy. But he most likely won't be able to fix anything.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Sephi

What the hell does it matter?

We're not electing president of the world.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by EartOccupant

How can you say choosing a "candidate" is an option for change?.
What do we do, just leave things as they are then?.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by tHEpROGRESSIVE

Why do we need all this big government crap i dont think we need a "program" for everything, time to shut down about 1/2 the government we dont need ....kinda like the programs for senators wives to run a library that no one even knows, about paying her 100k to sit on her butt to do nothing this is just one example. we need to quit supporting everybody in america!!!through programs like that and others we dont need

OBAMA doesnt give a crap about you trust me just follow the other links on ATS to read about what hes already done to bring down this country for his own gains!!

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
In my opinion he's no different than all of the previous presidents that promised "Change" and to do things different.

Nothing is going to change, absolutely nothing. The president first needs to support of congress to get things done. What makes you all so sure that he's going to come in and change everything?

Please remember that this man is still a politician.

The only way we will change things is when WE the people take action and get things done, instead of depending on other people to bring the "change" that we so badly want.

You must be bitter to assume "everyone" is for him.. I'm not.. so what does that say about your title and you?

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

In my opinion he's no different than all of the previous presidents that promised "Change" and to do things different.

Nothing is going to change, absolutely nothing. The president first needs to support of congress to get things done. What makes you all so sure that he's going to come in and change everything?

Please remember that this man is still a politician.

The only way we will change things is when WE the people take action and get things done, instead of depending on other people to bring the "change" that we so badly want.

why dont you explain how you would do things then?

the second you want to change things you become a politician, and a big mistake would be to not recognise when someone truly good gets into a position to make change. dont make that mistake.

the real truth is probably that ron paul will never get into power...you really think you choose who runs the country?

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Why is everyone on the Ron Paul bandwagon?

He's this election's "Savior". The New Messiah.

I like Ron Paul, too. I may even vote for him. But he will be as impotent as Obama has been or maybe even more so. The president doesn't have a magic wand and the constipation of Congress will stop up ANY good avenue Paul might want to take to repair this country.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Well at least Ron Paul will be using that veto power a lot.

If nothing else that would be a good thing.

Too many things that are simply unconstitutional make it through congress without ever being vetted to their proper place in our republic. Or even read for that matter.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I don't see the Ron Paul bandwagon.

I have yet to see a national poll with Ron Paul getting over 8%.

His wagon is full of anti-war democrats, and the legalize pot crowd...not good if you are fighting for the REPUBLICAN nomination.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

reply to post by EartOccupant

His plans are radical, even if he gets elected there's no way that Congress would ever come together for him and get things done. That's all I'm saying because everyone seems to think that if he gets elected he's going to magically change things and audit the fed

I'd like to see what Congress thinks about that

Then Vote CONGRESS out...............................

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by dadgad
I don't think most people realize how radical he truly is. He wants to end nearly all state departments. Leave everything to the market! Do you know what kind of a ruthless bitch the market is!?

About as radical as redistributing wealth? GOVERNMENT put us in the predicament we are in!

Less Government. More power to the People,and the States.Simple.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
You can not say "no one" reads other posts.

dadgad - like it or not the current state of the US government in particular all of the agencies and departments are not only not constitutional they run exactly counter to the constitution.

Ron Paul does not say that the idea of a Department of Agriculture is a bad idea he is says that it is unconstitutional.

If "you" want to change the constitution so that it allows for a Department of Health, Agriculture, Energy etc. then change the constitution or insist that your state set up each of the departments.

Otherwise - stop calling the US a constitutional republic and have a mass constitution burning party.

I am not a "black and whiter" in general but this aspect of the constitution is black and white and it was meant to be that way.

"We" are not for taking power away from government as much as shifting it to the proper (constitutionally speaking) level of government.

Just to remind you, this is the United States of America - states, states states!

Get that part about the states?

Not the Mother-F-ing all Powerful Federal Government Lording it Over the Powerless States of America.

Originally posted by dadgad
as usual no one really reads each others post. ATS is too big.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Excellent point, OP. I've been saying that in other posts as well. He says he's "libertarian", but doesn't support a woman's reproductive rights. That isn't personal freedom. He's a fringe personality, and he attracts fringe people. That's why he's so popular here, and the "mainstream" folks ( media included ) ignore him.
I'm glad someone stepped up and pointed this out. S&F!
edit on 23-10-2011 by moonzoo7 because: grammar

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by tHEpROGRESSIVE

How many millions has your boy Barry killed over his rein of terror? You must enjoy being a slave to continue working for a government that is corrupt as hell. Do you like giving half your money to Barry so he can continue to kill.

BTW I don't believe in politics at all. Ron Paul talks a nice game but so have all the rest of the Puppets. If Ron Paul is legit then he is a dead man walking.

Peace to all

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by Southern Guardian

I agree that we probably don't need bases all over the world. HOWEVER. His notion that if we just withdraw from the world and mind our own business that we will never be attacked again is ridiculous.

He seems to have this idea that because we are the most powerful country militarily that we can afford to drop our guard, recall all the spies, and not kick any more ass. He believes that no one can cause us injury and that no one is planning to regardless of our policy in foreign affairs.

I think that view is very naive

I don't think that's what he's saying. He's far too intelligent for that. He's simply saying take our noses OUT of the rest of the world which is what causes resentment toward us. I don't think he wants to sit there completely unguarded. But in the end - if we took our noses out of the rest of the world, I bet you'd be surprised at how quickly resentment would dissipate.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
If the media isn't all about Ron Paul, THEN THEIR OBVIOUSLY HIDING SOMETHING. Jesus...OP is blind.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Who the heck is Ron Paul?

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by IndigoValor
If the media isn't all about Ron Paul, THEN THEIR OBVIOUSLY HIDING SOMETHING. Jesus...OP is blind.

Shouldn't the media be fair an unbiased in your estimation?

Why should the media carry water for anyone?

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Ron Paul has what no other candidate has demonstrated

Integrity

Also since EO 11110 is still on the books, having never been repealed by congress -- I think Dr Paul has the guts to do it

If they pull a JFK on Ron Paul, this country will be reinvented

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Look at Ron Paul. The man looks so innocent and peaceful. Hes the best possible choice for America. Rick perry uses coc aine and pays college students to have sex with him, mitt romney is a peice of #, cain is a #in idiot, and everyone else is not worthy either. ron paul is the #in #, and i dont need to explain myself, because i know deep down inside this man is a hero.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join