It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is everyone on the Ron Paul bandwagon?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Navieko

You cant blame people for being less than carefully optimistic.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
The reason people like Ron Paul is because he has principles and to a much greater extent than most other politicians, votes and lives according to those principles. It's no accident he gets along better with Dennis Kucinich than Sean Hannity, because he is a free market advocate, a noninterventionist, and has voted accordingly for the last thirty years.

In terms of why he has my support, it's because he is the one candidate who actually recognizes our largest security issue is the national debt (who else would describe spending as leading to inflation which is an indirect tax) and recognizes cuts need to come from both defense spending and domestic spending.

For someone who is convinced the compromise between Democrats and Republicans is that one gets the domestic spending they want and the other gets the defense spending, he represents a paradigm shift, and he genuinely believes in liberty. I'll admit that I am not nearly so libertarian as he is, but I like that in a President. The Congress would moderate out the worst excesses, but you're getting a known quantity with Dr. Paul.

I also had the chance to meet him and a few members at his family at a private event during the '08 campaign, and want to say they're genuinely nice people and very humble as well.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by relpobre000
That's a healthy attitude to have, you know:

If it has happened before in America then that makes it okay.

I simply can't contend with that level of ignorance.
You should sleep well at night knowing that men in black suits have free reign to come into your home and end your existence.

You are inserting words that don't exist. I did not say because it's happened before that it's ok. You claim I am ignorant about something since ignorance refers to lack of knowledge.

What about my foreign policy ideas am I unaware of because you seem to love to throw words around without rebutting my points. Additionally, I have not been unfriendly, condescending, or sarcastic towards you so I'd appreciate the same courtesy.

We were discussing foreign policy not domestic when talking about the CIA, so your comment doesn't really apply.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
That's silly. You only let the establishment in this country win if you insist upon this idea that nothing will ever change from an election. As far as I am aware, part of the reason why DC is the way it is will be because the voters continue to vote in the same clowns, and new clowns who claim at first they are none the like. The voters have choices in this country, they just have to make their decisions wisely.
How is it not the poor illusion of choice? Where is the non-clown? How does this non-clown get past the money machine to do anything at all for the public? Please, give me a scenario where this mysterious non-clown actually gets elected and then pulls us out of years of deeply ingrained corruption.
edit on 22-10-2011 by gentledissident because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
A few more:

He has never voted for an unbalanced budget.
He has never voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership.
He has never voted to raise congressional pay.
He has never taken a government-paid junket.
He has never voted to increase the power of the executive branch.
He voted against regulating the Internet.
He does not participate in the lucrative congressional pension program.
He returns a portion of his annual congressional office budget to the U.S. treasury every year.

www.ronpaul.net...

Regards,

FTE

edit on 23-10-2011 by followtheevidence because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

I have never before considered voting for Ron Paul before this current election cycle. Like most Republicans I thought he was a nice guy but a little be out there for me, so I payed little or no attention to him. But this recent batch of presidential contenders is truly disappointing, I mean seriously is this the best we (republicans) have to put out there? Rick Perry is a former Democrat turned Republican that is on the wrong side of immigration. Mitt Romney's healthcare plan in Massachusetts was the blue print for Obamacare and he won't admit its a total failure Herman Cain the man who been the talk of the town with this 9-9-9 plan but hasn't put forth the effort needed to run a presidential campaign. And Ron Paul, I'd mention the others but they don't stand a snowballs chance in hell, so why bother.

After listening to these guys for how many ever debates its been, I've found myself agreeing with of all people Ron Paul. Which is odd because I used to think he was a few pineapples shot of a fruit basket last election. So I started to do my homework on the congressman for Texas. And I liked what I found.

This coming primary season I will be voting for Ron Paul, and god willing the election as well. The reason I'm voting for him is simple, he is the same person hes been for the last god knows how many election cycles. Hes been saying and standing up for the same thing for years. Far more consistent than any other political candidate (republican of democrat). At times he says things that are a little out there but hell name a person who hasn't. The are those that say hes crazy, well if hes crazy WHO THE HELL WANTS TO BE SANE! ! ! !

VOTE for RON PAUL in 2013 ! ! ! !

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
It seems very apparent to me that many people on this forum have absolutely no clue where Ron Paul truly stands on national defense or on domestic policy. Dr. Paul is the man that wants our troops to come home so they can DEFEND us. When our troops are spread so thin in so many countries, how can you expect us to defend ourselves? It also costs MONEY to defend ourselves, which is something we simply don't have right now (notice the trillions in debt?). Bringing our troops home would save us a lot of money meanwhile also give us the ability to secure OUR OWN BORDERS instead of securing the borders of other countries. He never said he wouldn't go after Osama either, he said that it should have been done by the RULE OF LAW, is there something wrong with following the rules we have set in place? I do not believe Ron Paul is ignorant or foolish as some people would have you believe, but is actually the most intelligent, most informed, and most experienced of anyone in the debates. If his foreign policy is so weak, it certainly makes one ponder why he gets more contributions from the military than all of the other candidates combined. By Ron Paul respecting the rule of law, some people seem to see that as weakness. That is so absurd. Rule of law is what allows you to speak your mind in the first place. When you start to ignore the rule of law "in certain instances", you start to ignore the rule of law in ALL instances.

And for those who say "He promises the world be he is just like Obama" you are simply wrong. He sets real goals and has real plans for change, unlike Obama who's campaign ran on empty promises and a dream of "Hope and Change". What a joke. One can simply look at Dr. Paul's voting record to see that he not only talks the talk, but also walks the walk so to speak. Although he is only a man and a politician, I believe he is truly sincere in all of his policies and seems to be the only candidate taking a SERIOUS approach to our SERIOUS problems. It's easy to kick the can down the road like Obama and other candidates want to do, but it is not easy to try to tackle these problems as sometimes the cuts are not popular but need to be made. And by the way, if you actually watched the debates, Dr. Paul states that he would not eliminate Medicare and Medicaid but would give people the option to opt out of the system (which they would never receive benefits from anyway if you ask me). There is so much disinformation out there about Ron Paul it just makes me sick. Stop believing what you read and hear and....DENY IGNORANCE!!!

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I'm "on the bandwagon" because he is the ONLY genuine candidate running with half a chance to win this time around. If you don't see this, then I can't help you. What I suggest you do is look at his record compared to the others; look at his policies and compare; and tell me. Can you call yourself human and still support ANY other candidate or person who is in favor of the wars. One person told me they "like" Ron Pauls foreign policy but aren't voting for him because he doesn't think the federal government should pay so you can abort an unborn baby.

I support the candidate who says no to mass murder and this propagandized war machine. That is Ron Paul. Anything else you people say to me is nonsense.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I'm so sick of these "Why join the RP Bandwagon" threads,
hurrdurrderp, he's the best canditate you got.

Not the mention he's #ing honest and has been spittin' truth for the last 30 years, why would he change if he became elected.
Obviously he will not be able to accomplish everything he has said he will do, but # it's a start.
He cant get elected then renege on everything he's promised because that will cause a revolution, regardless if you believe it or not, and once again he's been preaching the same thing for over 30 years.
You comparing him to past presidents in disgusting, bar an exceptional few.

inb4 Ron Paul = illuminati
you're just stupid.
You know how you think others are stupid for believing in a fundementally corrupt society that enslaves us with the majority left ignorant?, well you're believing some stupid #, just like the sheep you criticise.

The OWS movement was purely created now for a purpose, so they can utilize the full potential of people waking up. Which could not have happened if Ron Paul was not in the 'spot light' persay, awakening the masses.

I feel slightly sorry for those who oppose or disagree with voting for Ron Paul.
Hell I'm Australian and all the way over here I can tell you need to vote for him.

my2c

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
The way I see it. I always bet for the underdog. Whether it be the Kentucky Derby or The Preakness who ever is better usually the underdog is the best bet...Charismatic won me $83 on a 2 dollar bet. Granted, to all you Ron Paul haters he might fail, but regardless of the fact being. He has been true to the "people" of the U.S. , and has been in politics before Barack (Barry) Obama has been Senator since we've known...I will let you do the math....
edit on 23-10-2011 by KonquestAbySS because: grammar

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by WiZKiD111

Illuminati? Ron Paul? Hmmmmmmmm, I just recently saw Paranormal Activity 3...There is more Illuminati symbols in that movie that I can't even count...You must be ignorant? Ron Paul was in politics before Illuminati has become an actual factor to the U.S. Another troll............Please help us

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS

Illuminati? Ron Paul? Hmmmmmmmm, I just recently saw Paranormal Activity 3...There is more Illuminati symbols in that movie that I can't even count...You must be ignorant? Ron Paul was in politics before Illuminati has become an actual factor to the U.S. Another troll............Please help us

I'm not even going to waste my time pointing out the obvious disinformation in this post, good day sir.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   

That's all you got to say?... Hahahaha, I shouldn't waste my time.... It's the other way around, yet you fail to realize... Therefore; if you want to debate on this subject lets do it...

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   

That's all you got to say?... Hahahaha, I shouldn't waste my time.... It's the other way around, yet you fail to realize... Therefore; if you want to debate on this subject lets do it...

Whats your speculation about the illuminati based on?,
considering you implied the illuminati had no 'impact' on the US prior to 30 years ago.

Do you believe the wars where not fabricated through propaganda?
Trying to debate the existance of illuminati monopolized media outlets is naive.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I will vote for Ron Paul because quite simply our debt will be our demise and Ron Paul is the only candidate willing to take serious action to improve the current situation. There are quite a few other reasons but they will not be news to anyone.

That said, even if you are literally against every single thing Ron Paul stands for he is a man of integrity and honor in the highest sense. I mean the guy served in the military unlike every single other candidate, yet he mentions not a word of it. Quite unlike anything we have seen before.

Even if I didn't agree with Ron Paul, I would probably vote for him. I am through voting for establishment candidates. Put another way, I think I would be a great President. Not because I'm smarter or whatever else better than the next guy, but because I am honest and hard working and wouldn't partake in all the political bull# ect ect and work with everyone and get real things accomplished and on an on, just like Ron Paul.

Those who are "not into" organized religion will probably agree nothing is more frustrating than listening to some chrisitian spout versus anout this and that. I know in my mind I am saying jesus (lowercase) how the f can you not see the light, but whatever you say doesn't matter they believe what they believe. But that's how I feel about Ron Paul, please see the light!

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   

I will take out the "not"... They are fabricated through propaganda..Hahaha

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   

I will take out the "not"... They are fabricated through propaganda..Hahaha

Propaganda created by what outlet?, an outlet monopolized by who?
I was asking if you don't agree with my statement and if one does, one would speculate that the illuminati existed prior to Ron Paul existance.

You also did not answer my question.
edit on 23-10-2011 by WiZKiD111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   

monopolized by who?

Enough said....I been on this site long enough to know about one liners, but when you point out the obvious, there is nothing else to be said...Thank you sir

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   

I noticed you posted that last post at a few minutes before me. Yet you fail to come back "off the bat". Go ahead look on wiki or whatever dis-info site you tend to look at, probably CNN or FOX?

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Ron Paul is outside the box, outside the status quo of the Establishment and the Illuminati, and he's not even CFR(to me that's a good thing).

He has some great ideas and is Constitutional. I like Rand Paul too.

I wish he would back off of the marijuana issue....pot causes short term memory loss and even psychosis in some.
edit on 23-10-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join